How do people find or reject God and why???

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Halo,

there is one question that bothers me. (Although I believe also in reincarntion and so I can give the answer myself. The simpliest answer would be: Before you are born you chose the moment in your life you will meet God... but this answer ist not enough because, who would God be if it would be predistinated if you are atheist or not???).

How do people find or reject God???? It is known that sin leads to believe God would not exist, especially in younger years. Sexual sins when you are young. But it is written in the bible that people who do not believe in God would supposely know very well God exists and would do this out of evil??? Do not ask me where I read this in the new testament I do not remember.

If you take me for example. As a child I already talked to God before my parents even told me about Jesus. When I was young adult I nearly lost my faith. I sincerely believe that it was FANTASY of my own that lead me to the experience to TRY OUT IF GOD EXISTS by starting a prayer! And God immeadetly responded. So why are atheists evil? Maybe they do not have enough FANTASY to start a prayer? And many people find God only if they loose everything, money health and family, out if DESPAIR.

And if you show atheists a VIDEOS about the christian wonder on youtube ( miracle of damascus part 10, from minute 3:45) some SEE and start to believe, some have still wooden boards in front of their eyes and think about fraud. It is like the Quran says: They have wooden board in front their eyes. This the Quran says about christians ;).

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 10:17 KJV
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

My understanding of this verse is:
"Belief comes by revelation, and revelation comes by a word directly spoken into the spirit of the hearer by Christ."

Belief does not come by a mental decision. Using the senses will not resolve you to belief. Faith is evidence of things not seen.
Essentially if you believe, it is because God inserted a truth into your spirit. It is called revelation knowledge. That means belief that is inserted into your spirit by Christ. Not information that is learned in your head. Head knowledge is good, but it is not spirit faith.
So people find God by God speaking to them.

Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,841.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not believe people choose atheism because they want to sin, that suggests that they believe in a god.
Rather, the god of popular culture is a mean spirited autocrat and a prop to some pretty heinous opinions among its followers. (the appropriation of christianity by groups to support their political cause, soon enough causes their christianity to be a reflection of their politics)

I am reminded of what Fr Stephen Freeman says: 'tell me the god you don't believe in, chances are, I don't either'
God is not to be found in logic and reason, but through relationship. We are social creatures, and communion is the motivation and aim of the incarnation.

note: the distinction of 'god' and 'God'

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Romans 10:17 KJV
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

My understanding of this verse is:
"Belief comes by revelation, and revelation comes by a word directly spoken into the spirit of the hearer by Christ."

Belief does not come by a mental decision. Using the senses will not resolve you to belief. Faith is evidence of things not seen.
Essentially if you believe, it is because God inserted a truth into your spirit. It is called revelation knowledge. That means belief that is inserted into your spirit by Christ. Not information that is learned in your head. Head knowledge is good, but it is not spirit faith.
So people find God by God speaking to them.
You are right if it concerns my own experience. But who would God be if He would not ANSWER PRAYERS? And prayers can be started out of decision.....

Upvote 0

KisKatte

Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟53,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
God is the one Who makes the initial contact, so it’s more God reveals Himself when He wants to, and then we are free to follow or reject Him.
Your are right but this cannot concern ALL people. Some people have to loose everything to start a prayer. If God would wish to have contact with them He would not need to let them firt loose everything. So He waits until they start a prayer to be consequent???

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your are right but this cannot concern ALL people. Some people have to loose everything to start a prayer. If God would wish to have contact with them He would not need to let them firt loose everything. So He waits until they start a prayer to be consequent???
maybe they do need to lose everything because that’s what their soul needs before He comes to them.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
who would God be if it would be predistinated if you are atheist or not???
God is good because He wants all, everyone to come to a saving knowledge of the truth. He does not want any to perish. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟756,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe God will receive people according to their disposition to be good or evil. Some will come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior in all phases of life. I believe John 3:16-21 expresses the great scope of our Lord’s salvation. Verses 18-19 shows the necessity of a sense of stern justice and then the Lord shows forgiveness beyond anything we can really understand in verses 20 & 21. I believe the Lord will save those who were genuinely merciful ( for ex. see Matthew 5:7) whether they may have been Christian or non Christian. John 5:22-30 sums up the Lord’s preaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was many years into my Christian walk when I finally woke up to this verse:
John 1:12-13 KJV
12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Upvote 0