Eskisehir
✟17,438.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to run away once I finish high school but I don't know how and I'm so scared. I don't have any money,
I financially depend on my father. I want to get a part time job and save money till I'm done with high school
but my father doesn't let me and threatens me. And I don't know how to run away with no money.
Simply moving out is not an option for me, I have to go to another country cause if I stay in this country, he
will %100 find me, drag me home and imprison me. I also want to live in a Christian country. I'm so sick of being surrounded by untolerant muslims and not being able to go to church.
I want to run away cause they don't accept me as I am. I am a Christian and they're super conservative,
strict, narrow-minded muslims with sick brains and thoughts. I don't support the political party they support.
I haven't told these things openly to them but they probably know it. They ask me if I'm going to vote
for that party they support and I either don't say anything or change the subject. They've found my Bible
once. They yelled at me and grounded me and threw it in the bin. My father checks my browser history-
I'm not allowed to delete it- sometimes I do delete certain websites like Christian websites but one time
I forgot to, and he saw those websites, Christian forums, audio Bible etc and he got so angry and took my
phone away. He abuses me mentally, verbally, emotionally
every single day. He controls me. I'm turning 18 in 2 months and still he tells me what to do, where to go,
what to wear, what to eat, who to hang out with, when to go to sleep etc. I'm tired of them controlling me.
[Staff Edit] I feel like a criminal under watch all the time.
Unfortunately, reporting him to the appropriate authorities is not an option either, because seriosly no one
cares. I'm from Turkey by the way. Like girls are getting raped and nothing is done about it.
Who cares if a Christian girl is being mentally tortured by her parents? She's a Christian so she deserves it,
right? Sadly, many people working in the government think so.
I don't know what to do. I have this friend I've known for about 5 years, she's my best friend. I completely trust her. She's Romanian
and lives in Romania. She says you can come here, get a
scholarship from a university, find a job. But I'm scared. What if I can't get a scholarship? How am I going to
pay for my education then? How am I going to apply for scholarships, a passport etc when my father is
watching me like a hawk all the time? I need money but how do I make money when I'm not allowed to work?
I don't know what to do. I'm hopeless, I'm desperate. [Staff Edit].

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe Romania is your only start. It could be used as a stepping stone. Ask God the father for help. Tell Him your in grave danger and you feel you have no option. Go with what your heart tells you and trust God to guide your steps.
Don't ever consider taking your life, none of those bullying you are worth a hair on your head nor amind your life. God created you for a purpose, trust Him for that.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe Romania is your only start. It could be used as a stepping stone. Ask God the father for help. Tell Him your in grave danger and you feel you have no option. Go with what your heart tells you and trust God to guide your steps.
Don't ever consider taking your life, none of those bullying you are worth a hair on your head nor amind your life. God created you for a purpose, trust Him for that.
Agreed. Bullies are such lowlives.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. Bullies are such lowlives.
There never was any love in those muslim countries. Does she realise she could be killed for being a Christian? And no doubt her father will probably agree to it.

• Friendly
Reactions: LaraMarina
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to run away once I finish high school but I don't know how and I'm so scared. I don't have any money,
I financially depend on my father. I want to get a part time job and save money till I'm done with high school
but my father doesn't let me and threatens me. And I don't know how to run away with no money.
Simply moving out is not an option for me, I have to go to another country cause if I stay in this country, he
will %100 find me, drag me home and imprison me. I also want to live in a Christian country. I'm so sick of being surrounded by untolerant muslims and not being able to go to church.
I want to run away cause they don't accept me as I am. I am a Christian and they're super conservative,
strict, narrow-minded muslims with sick brains and thoughts. I don't support the political party they support.
I haven't told these things openly to them but they probably know it. They ask me if I'm going to vote
for that party they support and I either don't say anything or change the subject. They've found my Bible
once. They yelled at me and grounded me and threw it in the bin. My father checks my browser history-
I'm not allowed to delete it- sometimes I do delete certain websites like Christian websites but one time
I forgot to, and he saw those websites, Christian forums, audio Bible etc and he got so angry and took my
every single day. He controls me. I'm turning 18 in 2 months and still he tells me what to do, where to go,
what to wear, what to eat, who to hang out with, when to go to sleep etc. I'm tired of them controlling me.
Living with them makes me suicidal. I feel like a criminal under watch all the time.
Unfortunately, reporting him to the appropriate authorities is not an option either, because seriosly no one
cares. I'm from Turkey by the way. Like girls are getting raped and nothing is done about it.
Who cares if a Christian girl is being mentally tortured by her parents? She's a Christian so she deserves it,
I don't know what to do. I have this friend I've known for about 5 years, she's my best friend. I completely trust her. She's Romanian
scholarship from a university, find a job. But I'm scared. What if I can't get a scholarship? How am I going to
pay for my education then? How am I going to apply for scholarships, a passport etc when my father is
watching me like a hawk all the time? I need money but how do I make money when I'm not allowed to work?
I don't know what to do. I'm hopeless, I'm desperate. I'm considering to take my own life if I can't run away
cause I seriously can't take it anymore.

I would recommend caution.

Wait for the Lord to CLEARLY make a way out for you. I fear for your safety if you make an unsuccessful attempt to get away.

Perhaps Romania is a way out ... perhaps not. Be very careful ... please ...

Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Living with them makes me suicidal. I feel like a criminal under watch all the time.
I don't know what to do. I'm hopeless, I'm desperate. I'm considering to take my own life if I can't run away

I have no idea how to help you i'm glad that i'm not in your situation . Be strong and try to save to move out , you can choose some 2nd world country you don't have to go to USA or UK which will cost you alot , maybe try Europe first .

I think you should stay in your faith if you are not able to move and don't be afraid of your faith when you are around your father . He only does that because he knows that you are scared of him .

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

blossom15

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2011
Europe
✟97,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There might possibly be somewhere that can help. Please be very careful and keep in prayer and ask for wisdom - God loves you so much and knows the absolute best way forward - whether to stay, wait, leave etc.

I am concerned that your father does know about this website so I am pm'ing you.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Be careful to keep this information from your parents.

If you are able to go to Romania to your friends, you may be able to find help at the Hatune Foundation located in Germany. Sister Hatune is from Turkey and the foundation helps Christian refugees from the middle east. Once you are in Romania, you can better research and find places of safety.

Neuer Weg 2
D-34414 Warburg
Germany

Upvote 0

LaraMarina

Apr 29, 2017
Eskisehir
✟17,438.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be careful to keep this information from your parents.

If you are able to go to Romania to your friends, you may be able to find help at the Hatune Foundation located in Germany. Sister Hatune is from Turkey and the foundation helps Christian refugees from the middle east. Once you are in Romania, you can better research and find places of safety.

Neuer Weg 2
D-34414 Warburg
Germany

This is amazing! Thank you so much!

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1) Finish high school.
2) Go to college/university somewhere else.

Running away is a poor decision, even in your circumstances. Teenagers in America feel this way too. When they run away, lots of bad things happen to them, I don't imagine that it's much better in Turkey. When they end up going to college and/or getting jobs and consequently moving out, their relationships with their parents tend to improve drastically.

Do what you can to get scholarships before you graduate. I'm not sure if Turkey has this or not, but in America, we have community colleges which are much cheaper than "real" colleges or universities, where students that don't have much money can earn college credit and qualify for scholarships, then transfer to four-year institutions to get their degrees. If you were in America, I'd recommend that path as a backup.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, my! I understand your plight. If you are not to watch or hear anything christian then the only thing you won't get caught doing is praying to God in your heart asking Him to be with you through all this and provide you a way of escape from all this. You will come to your aid in amazing ways. Your way of escape should never be suicide. I will keep you in my prayers.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

First of all, really admire and appreciate your faith. How did you come to find Jesus?
I would advise you to pray and pray about your situation and be very cautious about taking any actions you aren’t sure about - it might not seem like it but you could end up in a situation that is even worse if you aren’t careful. It is true that you could study in Romania but I’d be wary of anyone who suggests this can be easily arranged, in an informal way.
Maybe put this on the prayer wall here, get a lot of people praying for you? I’ll pray for you too sister, God will find a way - but it may not be straightforward.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LaraMarina

Apr 29, 2017
Eskisehir
✟17,438.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
jive turkey

why would you say such thing? :(

1) Finish high school.
2) Go to college/university somewhere else.

Running away is a poor decision, even in your circumstances. Teenagers in America feel this way too. When they run away, lots of bad things happen to them, I don't imagine that it's much better in Turkey. When they end up going to college and/or getting jobs and consequently moving out, their relationships with their parents tend to improve drastically.

Do what you can to get scholarships before you graduate. I'm not sure if Turkey has this or not, but in America, we have community colleges which are much cheaper than "real" colleges or universities, where students that don't have much money can earn college credit and qualify for scholarships, then transfer to four-year institutions to get their degrees. If you were in America, I'd recommend that path as a backup.

Yes, I'll definitely try to get scholarships. I'm scared of my father finding out, though. I don't know how am I going to do all the paperwork when my father's eyes are on me all the time. All I can do right now is to pray, I guess. :prayer: Thank you so much.

First of all, really admire and appreciate your faith. How did you come to find Jesus?
I would advise you to pray and pray about your situation and be very cautious about taking any actions you aren’t sure about - it might not seem like it but you could end up in a situation that is even worse if you aren’t careful. It is true that you could study in Romania but I’d be wary of anyone who suggests this can be easily arranged, in an informal way.
Maybe put this on the prayer wall here, get a lot of people praying for you? I’ll pray for you too sister, God will find a way - but it may not be straightforward.

Since I was a child, I never really fully believed in Islam, I always questioned everything. Once I realized that I didn't consider myself as a muslim anymore, I prayed to God to show me his way. One day while I was walking on the street, a man -he was a missionary- approached to me and asked if I knew anything about Jesus and would love to learn about Him. I said yes, we sat on a bench, he told me about Christianity and gave me a Bible for free. I believe it was God answering my prayer :)

Thank you so much for your advice and nice words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is very sad to hear, Lara. Do not show any opposition to your father, but quietly keep your faith and pray earnestly for God to guide you and show a way to safety and a Godly life. In time God will open a way for you. Remember to keep the Lord Jesus first in your life, and He will not fail you ---though you might need to do it in secret presently.

I know of sound Christians in Romania and a very good and Godly assembly there in Ploiesti who would be helpful to you. When you are 18 y.o. God may open a way to go out on your own to begin a new life, but keep it secret or the way might get blocked. Keep the Lord Jesus in your heart and daily commune with Him. God will bless you. I will be praying for you. Write me anytime, and I also recommend the sound web site at www.biblecounsel.net where you can get good counsel and find encouragement monthly. Ever in Christ, 1watchman

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you thought about going to several different embassies? Apply for asylum, political and religious. It would really help if you can find a sponsor.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0