• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How do I reject people nicely?

ChrissyLovesJesus

Jul 3, 2004
Homestead, Fl
✟257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have trouble with this. Everytime I am at school and someone randomly walks up to me and asks me out I don't know what to say. I usually just say no but I wish there was a way I could let people down easily without making them feel it isn't them but I just don't want a relationship at this point. Even when I say that though it never comes out right :(

desert_island_1

Be Transformed - Romans 12:2
Mar 4, 2004
Alberta
✟20,541.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I had to do this tonite actually. Just tell them the truth. Just tell them why you don't want to date them. It was really hard on me but I was able to get through it and I am sure you will too! I will keep you in my prayers though!

Kristy

Upvote 0

Honibee

Tasting the Lord's goodness
Sep 20, 2005
Passing through (in the USA)
✟18,045.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hi Chrissy,

I know this isn't an easy thing to do. It is always helpful to preface
a 'no' with a positive comment. Maybe something like, 'thanks for
thinking of me, but. . .' then finish with your honest reason for saying
no. As a mom, I always give my daughter every opportunity to use
me as her excuse. Maybe your parents could help you this way too.

Hope this helps Chrissy. :pink:

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟21,005.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you're not dating anyone then simply tell them that. If you don't want to date the individual thank them for asking (you might even add you're flattered they did) and tell them you're not interested. Both approaches make it less personal.

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

Chrissy i myself think that you are probably too beautifull and i know that all the attention can be quite a burden , every guy waits for a beautifull girl to step into their life and forfill their dreams of companionship , if you try to get a less attractive appearance (more clothes less body/make-up) then hopefully a bit of the attention will go away. You have to try to make it a sort of turn-on , turn-off button, in which you open yourself up when you choose to and are ready, remember in the end (no matter how beautifull you are ) its your choise wether you want to jump into that destructive dating world or not , so when a guy asks to date you , say that you already have a bf (referring to your personal computer) lol ,i always do that, i tell them how she (my pc) sometimes lets me down (crashes) , and takes me everywhere where i want (internet lol) and how we sometimes have problems (hard disk not working,lmao) and it strange as it seems to work and doesn't hurt the people you let down , (give your computer a boys name) if they ask who you are dating, and if they ask where he is, say that he is at your home =) lol , etc

Upvote 0

Miss Molly

XOXOXO
Jul 8, 2004
✟8,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Chrissy:

I like your answer. You said, "I just say no." I don't believe you have to explain yourself unless you desire to. I do not believe that you have to be concerned about how they interpret it for that is not your problem. One of the hardest things we have in society is that we feel a responsibility for how others react to our statements which put us in a position that we end up resenting in the end. Be yourself and continue to just say "no." I think that is one of the kindest statements you can make to another and you do not have to put yourself in a position to be wore down.

I like your style already. :)

Upvote 0