Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many people are saying Bible prophecies are being fulfilled, and I honestly agree. Look at the state of the world right now.

And a lot of people are saying the Rapture is happening soon, and after the True Christians are taken up, it will be too late to repent. Is this true?

How can I prepare for this? Keep reading my Bible? Go out and help people? Not do anything and patiently wait?

Also, how do I tell my family about their sin problems? I get embarrased to tell them, because I've told them already, and they yelled at me for it. Andrew Tiner said, if you're too cowardly to tell people about Jesus, how can you expect for Jesus to save you?

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How can I prepare for this? Keep reading my Bible? Go out and help people? Not do anything and patiently wait?
Believe the Gospel, that YOU are a sinner for whom Christ Jesus died, rose from the dead and is coming again in judgment.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Overcome the sense of entitlement that many Christians have. Pray for your fellow man but don't expect yourself to be worthy above others. Interestingly every generation believes it will be in their time.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many people are saying Bible prophecies are being fulfilled, and I honestly agree. Look at the state of the world right now.

And a lot of people are saying the Rapture is happening soon, and after the True Christians are taken up, it will be too late to repent. Is this true?
There's no bible verse to support that.
Pray that people get saved.
Also, how do I tell my family about their sin problems?
Sharing the gospel is about giving good news of God's mercy and grace to sinners. Offer God's love, God's peace.. the way that God does toward you.
I get embarrased to tell them, because I've told them already, and they yelled at me for it.
Yeah, no one likes to be condemned, so tell them about God's redemption.
Andrew Tiner said, if you're too cowardly to tell people about Jesus, how can you expect for Jesus to save you?
That statement is a "salvation by works" tactic that is manipulating the hearer to fear or doubt their salvation, it's a false motivation to evangelize.
A person isn't saved by evangelizing. A person is saved by grace through faith that comes by hearing God's good news.

You've got evidence that your efforts at getting someone saved hasn't worked. There are many Christians who do fail at it. There were those that Jesus preached to in his own hometown who didn't listen to him. The apostle Paul prayed that those he taught would pray for him that his evangelism would be effective.

So your best avenue is prayer. Pick a ministry that gets people saved and support them. And in that way their success is also counted as your success.

Upvote 0

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
It depends on which eschatology you adhere to.

For the pretrib, they don't have to do anything but wait. There are the special children of God which won't pass the trails of the tribulation. They won't even experience the mark of the beast, persecutions, and hardship. They just sit around and then boom, raptured, without breaking a sweat, leaving their clothes behind.

For the mid, post, 7th trump, and etc. I'm afraid you'll be tested in the furnace, being purified like gold. You'll suffer persecution, imprisonment, betrayal, torture, and decapitation, just like the 12 disciples and all the Christian martrys that came before you who were stoned, fed to the lions, crucified upside down, burned at the stake, and etc. But, although they kill you, you'll be raised to life in the 1st resurrection and be called the blessed ones. For with your death, still having your full faith, you have glorified the Lord. You'll be kings and queens who will rule with Christ in the Millennium. For those who survived the tribulation and remained alive, you'll be caught up in heaven next after the 1st resurrection, in a twinkling of a eye, you'll be transformed from mortal to immortality and you'll be with the Lord forever and ever.

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Andrew Tiner said, if you're too cowardly to tell people about Jesus, how can you expect for Jesus to save you?

Jesus doesn't want you to tell others about Him if you get ridiculed for it for He says don't throw your pearls before the swine lest they trample you, as has happened already. No wonder you don't want to do that again.

So regardless of what this preacher says it has to do with what Jesus does and not what you must do. All you need to do is trust Him and put your faith in Him and let Him fill you with His love as He takes away your sin. See Jesus grows in us as love for God grows so does He, for they are One in body and Soul. Love comes from God. So love God and love people. Pray for them if they don't want to believe let it be. Just love them and do good unto them as they like it so they be ashamed of their bad conduct. Let Jesus grow into you by loving God and neighbour not by fearing what you should do.

To love is what we want to do when Christ is King of our hearts. He comes down from Heaven and dwells in our hearts Spiritually, a holy Spirit, teaching our unholy spirit the right way to go.

So please don't panic about the Rapture - i don't believe in such a theory for one moment - believers will not be taken before the tribulation - rather persecuted for their faith and love for God and neighbour. So win peoples hearts by being loving, gentle, honest and open and kind. Be yourself in good and in bad and don't worry for Christ has you covered with His blood, how free can you be?

And to those who want to hear! Tell them about Jesus, your wonderful Lord who saved you from your sins, and who set you free to fight them successfully instead of in shame, fear and guilt through His forgiving love. And how good it is to have faith in His gracious love for then He comes and gives us aid and grows in us in real life.

Be not afraid but be confidant in Christ. Face the future with eager anticipation for Christ shall be revealed to your heart again and again, maybe soon even.

For that is how our meetings take place, when we see Him, in all His glory, ruling from Heaven over our lives. Then fear melts in the heat of its own shame and we jump up and down from joy for deliverance.

Then Revelation 19 comes true and all our bad life is cut down by the sword that comes out of His mouth, and so all our inner enemies perish as His loving truth comes and dwells inside of us.

Be of goods courage and look for Jesus' Coming on the inside much more so than on the outside. For first we get the great rebellion and then we get the great tribulation and then He will come down and cut the lawless ones out of us forever and set us free in His Kingdom. Hallelujah.

The World still has some time to go before it is ready to hear the truth. At the moment people are loving the lies too much to even consider the truth their Friend, we have a long way to go before this world is ready to receive their Lord.

The good thing is you can already meet up with Him today. Spiritually He is truer than true and our very best Friend and Saviour, for He comes down from Heaven and makes His dwelling place inside of us. John 14. That way He is REALLY close and fear and all wrong will begin to melt in the heat of His love. An awesome process where love determines what is allowed and what is not allowed.

i wrote a poem about Jesus coming to my rescue i like to share it with you.

Zion Descending

At first I heard Dad say,
"Son let us make tracks,
its near getting dark now,
the chosen are all asleep,
now would be best,
as darkness reigns its peak,
for arrogance has him blinded,
to what is really going on."

I saw the sunlight darkened,
the moon turn to blood,
and the stars falling from Heaven.
I felt everything shaking in its boots.
I heard about wars and rumours of wars.
I experienced famine and drought,
grand scale living in wantonness,
rulers making a living out of sin,
Satan's forces installed everywhere,
loveless forces ruling untruthfully.

I heard my inner world crying out in her dying pain,
"What is going on?
The Father is leaving us without the Son,
this can only evil mean."
I heard the angels blow the trumpets!
"Woe to the inhabitants of this soul!"

I heard the agonising cries,
coming from underneath the altar,
the dead in God's love, longingly,
awaiting newness of life!
"Yes, oh Lord, pour out their blood as they did ours!"

I heard the thunders rolling throughout my being,
"Let evil brood fear The Truth of God almighty!
Let judgement begin in The House of God!"

I knew judgement had already began,
when I beheld those massive hails stones,
tumbling down on the heads of the wicked.
I watched my enemies flee in terror!
Scorpion stings burning wrong,
horse hooves kicking up dirt,
truthfulness uncovering shame,
honesty baring nakedness,
the dung of the earth warring,
lies sores causing agony,
pestilence threatening,
as grasshoppers devoured,
my enemies food and good life!

It was fascinating to see,
how weak those are...,
.....so strong in lies!

Yes, honest!
Loving truth is like that!
The freedom to be,
true to yourself,
both in good and bad,
in His love to be.

Oh the release of faith!
Heart rendering awe!
Shouts of glorious praise!
Jumping joy - pure ecstasy!
Glorying in God almighty,
my life's tormentors died,
perishing one after the other.

Seeing Jesus on His white horse,
a blazing sword coming out of His mouth,
His all conquering loving truth
my inner world of being to reap.
Casting dead what is so good to have gone,
raising alive that which I had lost,
bringing new life at each dawn,
His kingdom ruling my world of being,
His presence bringing rest and peace.

Time and again He comes past like this,
(terrorising the wicked agonising their mates demise,)
as all His wheels turn into place.
The Word alive in heavenly love.
Costly gifts descending from above.
beholding the temple of the most high,
the truth of His love Himself my Zion.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Also, how do I tell my family about their sin problems? I get embarrased to tell them, because I've told them already, and they yelled at me for it. Andrew Tiner said, if you're too cowardly to tell people about Jesus, how can you expect for Jesus to save you?
Most of my family believes in Jesus but there are a few that just don't want to hear me talk about Him so I pray for them. Jesus said that no one is a prophet in their own land, which means, people don't welcome the words of a prophet from their own peers. Jesus was rejected in His own land.

About the rapture, the Bible says we are already seated in heavenly places with Christ, believe it or not, we are in time, God lives in eternity, we are just waiting for time to end, but the prophecies most be fulfill first. I always tell people, live as if Jesus were to come today, plan as if He were to come in 100 years. Don't stop your life out of fear. Believe you are already his son. People thought the end was coming during the holocaust, but it didn't. So maybe this time is actually our own holocaust. We are waiting for the numbers of the saved to be completed.

At some point you just have to decide to believe you are saved. People want a sign that they are saved, but Jesus said, "Blessed are those who have not seen, but have believed". That is faith, believing what He says is true even if fear and all the evidence tells you otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the Christian martrys that came before you who were stoned, fed to the lions, crucified upside down, burned at the stake, and etc. But, although they kill you, you'll be raised to life in the 1st resurrection and be called the blessed ones.
Even how we might suffer for Jesus, I think this is not the real measure of Christianity. It is included, though.

What matters . . . in order to be "ready" (Matthew 24:44) . . . is how we become in our character and how we relate in God's love while submitting to our Father and how He rules us in His peace > Colossians 3:15 >

this has us prepared for how we need to be for eternity with Christ, and how we will be constantly submissive to God while sharing and relating with one another as God's family.

Scriptures which help with this include >

Philippians 4:6-7

Philippians 2:13-16

Hebrews 12:4-14

And we might consider how in His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus started right off with how to be >

"poor in spirit"

"meek"

"merciful"

"pure in heart".

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It depends on which eschatology you adhere to.

For the pretrib, they don't have to do anything but wait. There are the special children of God which won't pass the trails of the tribulation. They won't even experience the mark of the beast, persecutions, and hardship. They just sit around and then boom, raptured, without breaking a sweat, leaving their clothes behind.

For the mid, post, 7th trump, and etc. I'm afraid you'll be tested in the furnace, being purified like gold. You'll suffer persecution, imprisonment, betrayal, torture, and decapitation, just like the 12 disciples and all the Christian martrys that came before you who were stoned, fed to the lions, crucified upside down, burned at the stake, and etc. But, although they kill you, you'll be raised to life in the 1st resurrection and be called the blessed ones. For with your death, still having your full faith, you have glorified the Lord. You'll be kings and queens who will rule with Christ in the Millennium. For those who survived the tribulation and remained alive, you'll be caught up in heaven next after the 1st resurrection, in a twinkling of a eye, you'll be transformed from mortal to immortality and you'll be with the Lord forever and ever.
So I guess all the Christians that died before the rapture were also God's "special children," that escaped trials and suffering? Sorry but we all have the trials God gives us, if we escape the tribulation that is God's plan not ours. We are not supposed to sit around doing nothing either. We are supposed to make disciples, give into the kingdom, preach, teach and live the word. By the way, I would be fine with staying during the tribulation but since I have the authority that Christ gave me, "over all the power of the enemy," I would use that authority against the anti-christ and his minions. Unless by some chance, the Holy Spirit is taken from believers during this time, which I do not see in the bible.

• Agree
Reactions: DebbieJ
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

When Jesus returns the 1st resurrection happens ... and all the saved are taken to heaven and spend 1,0000 years there .... and yes when He returns .... probation (the time to repent) has closed. When he returns the unsaved that are left on the earth at that time are destroyed by the brightness of His coming ... He is returning with full divine power and glory.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man will come in His Father's glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

can I prepare for this? Keep reading my Bible? Go out and help people? Not do anything and patiently wait?

Study the life of Jesus and follow in His steps.

1 Peter 2:21

English Standard Version
For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

[QUOTE how do I tell my family about their sin problems? I get embarrased to tell them, because I've told them already, and they yelled at me for it. Andrew Tiner said, if you're too cowardly to tell people about Jesus, how can you expect for Jesus to save you?

Try focusing on the love of God/Jesus, His eternal plan.

What Does the Bible Say About Jesus Love?

Jesus’ forgiveness on the cross demonstrated the main reason people followed Him during His time on earth. Jesus didn’t just lead with His words; He led with His life. He didn’t merely tell us to forgive; He forgave. There was no difference between the words He spoke and the life He lived.

Out of love for Him, we do endeavor to live like Jesus, love for others will set you apart. Just as people followed Jesus when they saw the integrity He lived with, we can lead others with the way we live our lives. Actions speak louder than words ;o)

Always follow the Lamb. God Bless.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would use that authority against the anti-christ and his minions.
The world of man is anti-Christ in nature as the concept behind it is to serve self before others, or others if there is personal gain to be made. That pretty well covers the actions of every government, the elite, institutions or events on the news. Did Jesus say to physically rebel or to live a life aside from being supportive of these ways?.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Biblically there is no rapture. Jesus does not have two second comings, only one, and it is at the end of the tribulation period. If you do an in depth study of the bible you will see that the church is still in the earth, at the time of the man of sin, also known as the beast.

Rev 13:6-10 The beast cursed God, and it cursed the name of God. It even cursed the place where God lives, as well as everyone who lives in heaven with God. It was allowed to fight against God's people and defeat them. It was also given authority over the people of every tribe, nation, language, and race. The beast was worshiped by everyone whose name wasn't written before the time of creation in the book of the Lamb who was killed. If you have ears, then listen! If you are doomed to be captured, you will be captured. If you are doomed to be killed by a sword, you will be killed by a sword. This means that God's people must learn to endure and be faithful!

Jesus also said it was after the tribulation that he would return, not before it.

(When the tribulation occurs Jesus gives instructions to His followers, why would Jesus give instructions to his church if they were no longer in the earth?) Mat 24:15-22 Someday you will see that "Horrible Thing" in the holy place, just as the prophet Daniel said. Everyone who reads this must try to understand! If you are living in Judea at that time, run to the mountains. If you are on the roof of your house, don't go inside to get anything. If you are out in the field, don't go back for your coat. It will be a terrible time for women who are expecting babies or nursing young children. And pray that you won't have to escape in winter or on a Sabbath. This will be the worst time of suffering since the beginning of the world, and nothing this terrible will ever happen again. If God doesn't make the time shorter, no one will be left alive. But because of God's chosen ones, he will make the time shorter. ... (note Jesus returns after the tribulation) Mat 24:30 Then a sign will appear in the sky. And there will be the Son of Man. All nations on earth will weep when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

You just need to remain faithful to Jesus no matter what happens. Any one who follows Jesus must be prepared to suffer. All the apostles did, and we may have to too.

Last edited:
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Sorry but we all have the trials God gives us, if we escape the tribulation that is God's plan not ours. We are not supposed to sit around doing nothing either.

Because of the difference in eschatological position, this might get misunderstood.

What I said was in reference and in the context of martyrdom a Christian will experience during Satan's war with the Christians. We are labeled as the "tribulation saints" by the pretrib Christians.

We will be subjected to intense persecutions while spreading the gospel and warning people not to take the mark. We will be killed by telling people not to worship the beast. This we do in hunger and in thirst because we are prohibited to buy anything if we don't have the mark. We will be unemployed because no one will hire us. We will be refused entry to groceries because we don't have the mark. Our properties will be taken away and we will be driven out from our homes. We will be homeless, hungry, and thirsty while fearing the prospect of getting murdered.

In contrast with the pretrib Christians, they don't have to go through all of these because all they have to do is wait for their rapture.

Trials in our life are all too common for all of us, Christians and non-Christians alike. But, martyrdom for your belief in Jesus just cannot be compared to the every day stresses in life which we also have termed as trials and tribulations, like the pandemic, unemployment, and riots we are experiencing right now.

It's totally different.

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because of the difference in eschatological position, this might get misunderstood.

What I said was in reference and in the context of martyrdom a Christian will experience during Satan's war with the Christians. We are labeled as the "tribulation saints" by the pretrib Christians.

We will be subjected to intense persecutions while spreading the gospel and warning people not to take the mark. We will be killed by telling people not to worship the beast. This we do in hunger and in thirst because we are prohibited to buy anything if we don't have the mark. We will be unemployed because no one will hire us. We will be refused entry to groceries because we don't have the mark. Our properties will be taken away and we will be driven out from our homes. We will be homeless, hungry, and thirsty while fearing the prospect of getting murdered.

In contrast with the pretrib Christians, they don't have to go through all of these because all they have to do is wait for their rapture.

Trials in our life are all too common for all of us, Christians and non-Christians alike. But, martyrdom for your belief in Jesus just cannot be compared to the every day stresses in life which we also have termed as trials and tribulations, like the pandemic, unemployment, and riots we are experiencing right now.

It's totally different.

Will I starve or dehydrate to death? I fear going that route because it is so painful. Should I buy food and stock up?

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The world of man is anti-Christ in nature as the concept behind it is to serve self before others, or others if there is personal gain to be made. That pretty well covers the actions of every government, the elite, institutions or events on the news. Did Jesus say to physically rebel or to live a life aside from being supportive of these ways?.
I was refering to the Holy Spirit within us, as a retraining factor as mentioned in II Thess
"Second Thessalonians 2:1-12 discusses a man of lawlessness being held back until a later time. Interpreting the restrainer of evil (2:6) as the indwelling ministry of the Holy Spirit at work through the body of Christ during the current age, supports the pretribulational interpretation. Since"the lawless one" (the beast or anti-Christ) cannot be revealed until the Restrainer (the Holy Spirit) is taken away (2:7-8), the Tribulation cannot occur until the church is removed." See also https://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/...ttpsredir=1&article=1117&context=pretrib_arch for the pre-trib case for the rapture.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

How can I prepare for this? Keep reading my Bible? Go out and help people? Not do anything and patiently wait ?

It is time to give up your worldly possessions before the imminent rapture. Move to out of the way place to meditate and pray. You still have a bit of time before the return of the Lord.

This will bring you wisdom.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is time to give up your worldly possessions before the imminent rapture. Move to out of the way place to meditate and pray. You still have a bit of time before the return of the Lord.

This will bring you wisdom.
That’s dangerous advice.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0