How do I know if I'm evil , how do I know is not me thinking bad things about God

dkarla

Dec 1, 2016
US
✟15,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's almost certain this is causes by past abuse, something most of us are not qualified to deal with. I mean it's easy for us to say or think you should just have normal thoughts, but you cannot do that because you weren't treated normally.

If anyone knows someone that has gone through what I assume is spousal abuse (if that is not the type abuse, maybe you can explain), maybe y'all can get them to offer advice here. Otherwise, all I can recommend is professional help. Have you tried professional help, Dkarla?

As mentioned God is just not going to treat you badly, for the reasons already mentioned, but sometimes what we know as logical, clearly doesn't help us in cases like this. Wish I had the answers for you.

I do know just talking about these things can help so hope something good will come from you being here, and maybe someone will come along that better understands what you are going through. :)
Thank you ,I just so hard ,I'm tired of thinking ,tired of being scare , wishing I cant be normal

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I keep having bad thoughts towards God , how do I know is not me , Do God knows that I don't want to think this way? Do I have to feel scare ? Is bad if I ignored my bad thoughts..

It is one thing to think bad, another thing to do bad... God judges actions, not thoughts. All the places which seem to show God judges evil thoughts, in the bible, are misinterpretations through bad translation.

P.S. I have looked this up: as I have had the same question about bad thoughts.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Most of my thoughts are that God is going to kill me, that I always say why I have to be grateful that before I was scared of my thoughts ,and something I'm not ,that make me evil ,oh thinking no Matter what god is not going to kill me ,like no Metter what I think ,and that make me think I'm evil , oh I'm thinking with arrogance
God knows our hearts, we are all sons and daughters of a Good God. God is your Father, we can trust God like an unspoiled child trust a good parent. We are imperfect beings growing up in Gods beautiful universe. fear not, you are going to be ok. :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: dkarla
Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I keep having bad thoughts towards God , how do I know is not me , Do God knows that I don't want to think this way? Do I have to feel scare ? Is bad if I ignored my bad thoughts..

Hi dKarla,
We are all descended from and have the corrupted DNA of Adam & Eve. We have all inherited their corruption and death, though God's Spirit wrestles within our soul. Genesis tells us we disobeyed God by feeding on the knowledge of both good and evil. There is nothing wrong with knowing both good and evil in and of itself; for the Bible even teaches us that God knows both. The difference is that God holds dominion over them and always chooses to do good. In the garden, however, it was different story. God had not yet prepared mankind for that reality. Even worse, we fell into sin by disobeying His one and only "do not do this" commandment. We are thus all born sinners and we are selfish by our fallen nature. No not one of us, born of man & woman, is righteous. One of the first words kids ever learn is the word "mine!". I know my wife and I raised 5 kids and we have 6 grandchildren.

Yet God did not leave us alone in our sin but made a way back to His love and goodness. We can push through the evil we see in ourselves and the evil we notice in others. Just seeing evil shows that God has given us insight but He is also pointing the soul to the remedy as well; for God made a way back for the human soul. We can all come home to live in the goodness of God. The kingdom of heaven can be within you in the here and now. The Father did so by sending us His promised Son, our redeemer. He also gave us the power to dam up that river of evil thoughts invading our hearts. He accomplished that by giving us the Holy Spirit, that we would have the abiding presence of Christ within us, Emmanuel - God with us!
I'm not saying you will never fail or fall for He has picked me off the floor many times in my life, like a medic carrying a wounded soldier. Yes, we are still fed by two streams of thoughts, God and the devil, but we are no longer unarmed to overcome the source of evil within us that is springing up like a busted sewer line. Paul says:

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2Cor 10:4-5.

Believe that Jesus stands as Mediator between you and God your Father! Christ came to pay for all your sins and to crush those bad thoughts in your head, the ones that would lead you towards unbelief and temptation.

Jesus came to take away your sins and cast them as far as the east is from the west. He already did all that painfully hard work for you on the cross when He paid your sin debt in full. And He proves you too can overcome sin and death through Him by His glorious resurrection. I encourage you to walk by faith, the true eyes of the heart, and not by the mere sight of our circumstances. Faith brings us the true and eternal sight to see God; thus our hope is also an eternal hope and not a passing one. You will one day rise in Christ if you trust in His provision and follow Him. Your new life begins here on earth as an embryo of Christ. He sows His see within this corruptible body but it holds the great promise! He shall raise us as incorruptible victors with the new song of life that He has placed within our hearts.

This will definitely happen for all those who abide in Him Dkarla. God loves you that much! You have His promise on this for we are His and He is ours. He then shall transform us. Freely you have been given so freely give for He is calling all believers in order that we would reach out to every lost, tribe, tongue and nation with His great and wonderful message of hope. If you believe this and confess Jesus Name, as well as His claim upon your life as Lord and Savior you shall be not only be saved but you have the living presence of Christ within you to save others by the message and love of Jesus within you!

A new seed in the ground, germinates in complete darkness. It takes its nutrients from the soil and the waters from the heavens in order to develop its root and sprout. The seedling grows ad strengthens in this period, even while it is still yet covered by the darkness of the earth. But please remember the story doesn't end there. It continues to faithfully push itself upward as its growth overcomes the resistance of its earthly soil. Finally it breaks through the darkness of it sub-terrain life and its head pops out to meet the light of the Sun. With the light shining upon its stalk it grows even faster. The sun shines the favor of its rays and the heavens water that flourishing flower. The unseen flourishes too in all this as the plant extends its roots ever deeper into the heart of the soil. There its unseen embodiment becomes ever stronger so that eventually it can weather even the toughest storms. Finally it blossoms with remarkable beauty, as a testament to God's design and grace. All come to admire it and say look at what God has made.

So too is our sanctification process. We, as Christians but plant the seed but it is actually God that gives the yield and growth. Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life for each one of us. You are rooted in Him, whether your roots are weak or strong. But remember, even if weak, He can make you strong. Just keep reaching for His Light every day in prayer and expect transformation as the light overcomes those dark places. This wonderful Hope in Christ will make you grow strong. Feed yourself on His Word and learn His love for you and then spread that love to others in need. That is the way forward for you and I promise you that you will be able to overcome all things through Him who has given Himself for you and has conquered all evil. I can promise this because it is God's promise and not my own. His Day is coming and even quite near but, while we all still strive upon this earth, you can already surely know that He has already created a mighty river of living waters to flow within you, if you truly believe His love and mercy towards you. Those heaven sent waters stir the heart of a Christian like a flood of goodness and hope because we have become God's possession, His beloved in Christ. God is uprighting our souls in the goodness of God. Your ship has come in and it will prove buoyant, even in the greatest storms you will ever face. Of this you can be sure!
May God bless you, Pat

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God knows our hearts, we are all sons and daughters of a Good God. God is your Father, we can trust God like an unspoiled child trust a good parent. We are imperfect beings growing up in Gods beautiful universe. fear not, you are going to be ok. :oldthumbsup:

Jesus told some of the Pharisees they were of their father the devil: how does that fit into your philosophy?

Upvote 0

enigmadi

Consecrated
Nov 17, 2011
United States
✟19,520.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible says that unseen evil enemies come against us. I believe that when we are moving toward GOD that evil doubles its attacks on us.

Ephesians 6:2 "For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places."
(New Living Translation)

The encouraging news is that GOD is unchanging and forever with us.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

2 Samuel 22:3-4 "...my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies."

As suggested, study the Word, pray and seek assistance from health care professionals for persistent negative thoughts...there is help in all of the above. Prayers, dear one....

Upvote 0

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Every person that ever has and ever will exist other than Jesus has sinned and many have had bad thoughts about God. I really don't know anyone who hasn't thought something bad about him at least once in their lives. Honestly I don't think God holds our thoughts against us, it's what we do with these thoughts that matter. We all have a battle going on within us each day between our flesh and our spirit. Reading God's word and praying for wisdom really helps. God gave us the Bible not only to know the truth, but as a weapon against evil things and bad thoughts.

Upvote 0

dkarla

Dec 1, 2016
US
✟15,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟921,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Curious then, why does it seem like a lot of Christians don't read the Bible, or just read the good parts?

And OP, don't feel scared about making God mad or being evil or anything. We all have bad thoughts at times, but we should focus on the good. Here's a good reminder though: if you fear that you're turning evil, then you're likely not going to turn evil.

I wish it were true that all Christians were serious Bible students "studying the scriptures daily to SEE IF those things spoken to them by the Apostle Paul - were SO" Acts 17:11 - only instead of Paul - -whoever their current pastor or relig leader is - tested by the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told some of the Pharisees they were of their father the devil: how does that fit into your philosophy?
Jesus said that because the Pharisees were opposed to the loving Father revealed by Jesus, they had rigid doctrines of self righteous religiosity. Quibleing theology lawyers rather than guides to personal relations with the one God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟962,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's a journey... And oftentimes we have to go through the mire and the muck and trenches till we reach where we are trying to get to... Doubt your doubts, question your questions, and your bad thoughts, till you can get to some answers and peace and security and serenity with God, the prize at the end of the race or battle or "whatever"...

You could present specific things that are troubling you about your thoughts about God and post them each here and get to some answers possibly?

You can also PM me if you like, and I will do my best...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dkarla

Dec 1, 2016
US
✟15,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a journey... And oftentimes we have to go through the mire and the muck and trenches till we reach where we are trying to get to... Doubt your doubts, question your questions, and your bad thoughts, till you can get to some answers and peace and security and serenity with God, the prize at the end of the race or battle or "whatever"...

You could present specific things that are troubling you about your thoughts about God and post them each here and get to some answers possibly?

You can also PM me if you like, and I will do my best...?

God Bless!
Thank you so much

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour

dkarla, the Fall made us vulnerable to all manner of attacks, directly by demons and indirectly by them through other. people. But you know instinctively via the Holy Spirit, that the sin would reside in identifying with them, in making them your own. Ignoring them is the goal, the ideal, provided we do recognise them as wicked and are repudiating them. It does happen that the demons are clever enough to make you think momentarily that you succumbed to the 'dark side'. The best, the only recourse is to repeat brief, ejaculatory prayers, such as 'Lord have mercy on me. I like to end it, 'on me, a sinner'. Because that's always appropriate. We, Catholics, have our own variants. referring, for example to Jesus' Sacred Heart, and Our Lady's Immaculate Heart. Also to St Michael the Archangel and our own Holy Guardian Angel. The latter sounds quite childlike, but none the worse for that, indeed, rather appealing :

'Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom His love commits me here, very this day/night be at my side to light and guard to rule and guide.' One of the great uses of prayer is to reassure us, as we keep in close company with God, as we converse with him. After all, who better than He, knows what we need.

It should be very quickly apparent though that you did not identify with the force of darkness that attacked your mind/heart. The bottom line is, as someone remarked below, the fact that you recognise and are appalled by such thoughts is itself a clear sign that you are not identifying with the 'dark side'. The following words of St Augustine of Hippo and various comments are taken from the website quoted below it :

"Love, and do what you will: whether you hold your peace, through love hold your peace; whether you cry out, through love cry out; whether you correct, through love correct; whether you spare, through love do you spare: let the root of love be within, of this root can nothing spring but what is good.

It's been paraphrased as:

Love God and do whatever you please: for the soul trained in love to God will do nothing to offend the One who is Beloved.

I've heard people just use the first half without the full expression, usually in a flippant way, but I think Augustine may be onto something here. We certainly get enough discussion about what God wants us to do or things along that line. Augustine seems to think that if we love God we aren't going to offend him and so don't need any "rules". Jesus seems to me to agree with him when he said:

Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

What is the scriptural basis for "Love God and do whatever you please"?

The first paragraphs generally seem the most relevant.

In my own case, and I know it is a feature of the spiritual life, some of my worst, most hideous thoughts occur to me while I'm trying to concentrate on what I am praying, or meditating on, also, if it is a mystery of the Rosary. Likewise, during the Mass.

I don't sleep as long as I used to, because I'll be subjected to a sudden dramatically and aggressively demonic thought, as I doze. They tend to be in technicolor, too ! However, because they're so obviously demonic, they are not quite as personally painful as the more subtle ones, that manifest just as suddenly, but not as dramatically and viciously, and are more likely to cause me fear or anxiety. And we are never perfect in this vale of tears, so fear of evil and sin is nothing to be ashamed of, but rather the contrary. It is part of our fear of God, of offending the utimate source of all love and purity, decency and goodness. Better to be a little too scrupulous than presumptuous. Then maybe we'll hear Jesus say : 'Go to the top of the table, my friend.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you've posted your fears on CF more than once. Which of our responses failed to meet your test?

Upvote 0

dkarla

Dec 1, 2016
US
✟15,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
dkarla, the Fall made us vulnerable to all manner of attacks, directly by demons and indirectly by them through other. people. But you know instinctively via the Holy Spirit, that the sin would reside in identifying with them, in making them your own. Ignoring them is the goal, the ideal, provided we do recognise them as wicked and are repudiating them. It does happen that the demons are clever enough to make you think momentarily that you succumbed to the 'dark side'. The best, the only recourse is to repeat brief, ejaculatory prayers, such as 'Lord have mercy on me. I like to end it, 'on me, a sinner'. Because that's always appropriate. We, Catholics, have our own variants. referring, for example to Jesus' Sacred Heart, and Our Lady's Immaculate Heart. Also to St Michael the Archangel and our own Holy Guardian Angel. The latter sounds quite childlike, but none the worse for that, indeed, rather appealing :

'Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom His love commits me here, very this day/night be at my side to light and guard to rule and gide.' One of the great uses of prayer is to reassure us, as we keep in close company with God, as we converse with him. After all, who better than He, knows what we need.

It should be very quickly apparent though that you did not identify with the force of darkness that attacked your mind/heart. The bottom line is, as someone remarked below, the fact that you recognise and are appalled by such thoughts is itself a clear sign that you are not identifying with the 'dark side'. The following words of St Augustine of Hippo and various comments are taken from the website quoted below it :

"Love, and do what you will: whether you hold your peace, through love hold your peace; whether you cry out, through love cry out; whether you correct, through love correct; whether you spare, through love do you spare: let the root of love be within, of this root can nothing spring but what is good.

It's been paraphrased as:

Love God and do whatever you please: for the soul trained in love to God will do nothing to offend the One who is Beloved.

I've heard people just use the first half without the full expression, usually in a flippant way, but I think Augustine may be onto something here. We certainly get enough discussion about what God wants us to do or things along that line. Augustine seems to think that if we love God we aren't going to offend him and so don't need any "rules". Jesus seems to me to agree with him when he said:

Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

What is the scriptural basis for "Love God and do whatever you please"?

The first paragraphs generally seem the most relevant.

In my own case, and I know it is a feature of the spiritual life, some of my worst, most hideous thoughts occur to me while I'm trying to concentrate on what I am praying, or meditating on, also, if it is a mystery of the Rosary. Likewise, during the Mass.

I don't sleep as long as I used to, because I'll be subjected to a sudden dramatically and aggressively demonic thought, as I doze. They tend to be in technicolor, too ! However, because they're so obviously demonic, they are not quite as personally painful as the more subtle ones, that manifest just as suddenly, but not as dramatically and viciously, and are more likely to cause me fear or anxiety. And we are never perfect in this vale of tears, so fear of evil and sin is nothing to be ashamed of, but rather the contrary. It is part of our fear of God, of offending the utimate source of all love and purity, decency and goodness. Better to be a little too scrupulous than presumptious. Then maybe we'll hear Jesus say : 'Go to the top of the table, my friend.'
What happens when I think God is going to kill me and in my own head I say no he is not going to kill me no Metter what I do , and make scare because I feel I think with arrogance and I'm having those thoughts on a evil way ,this why I think maybe I'm evil and he is going to kill me because of that and if I don't feel miserable because I think that way I feel I'm evil.

Upvote 0

dkarla

Dec 1, 2016
US
✟15,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you've posted your fears on CF more than once. Which of our responses failed to meet your test?
No ,I have different ways of fear ,I'm trying to understand, maybe I'm not sick and I'm being arrogance with God and that why I'm still having bad thoughts, and God don't want to help me, I don't know maybe I'm crazy ,I just don't understand.

• Informative
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No ,I have different ways of fear ,I'm trying to understand, maybe I'm not sick and I'm being arrogance with God and that why I'm still having bad thoughts, and God don't want to help me, I don't know maybe I'm crazy ,I just don't understand.
dkarla, God want's to help all of His creatures. The Bible is His Word and in the Bible it says "Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live." (Ezekiel 33:11)

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
What happens when I think God is going to kill me and in my own head I say no he is not going to kill me no Metter what I do , and make scare because I feel I think with arrogance and I'm having those thoughts on a evil way ,this why I think maybe I'm evil and he is going to kill me because of that and if I don't feel miserable because I think that way I feel I'm evil.

Here are some beautiful quotes from the Office for the Dead in the Book of Hours, Karla. Especially relevant to you, are the second and third quotes :

'Return, Lord, and rescue my soul.
This I know: that my Redeeemer lives, and he, the Last, will take his stand on earth. After my awaking, he will set me close to him and from my flesh I shall look on God, my Saviour.
Why are you cast down my soul, why groan within me ? Hope in God ; I will praise him still (my Saviour and my God)'
Job 19:25-26 (The phrase in brackets in the quote, which I like, was added on in another text).

'Death was never of God's fashioning; not for his pleasure does life cease to be ; what mean his creation but that all created things should have being ? No end nor term is fixed to a life well lived.'
In the midst of darkness and of death I will fear no evil

For you, Lord, are with me.'
Wisdom 1:13-14a, 15

'Death too shall be engulfed forever. No furrowed cheek, but the Lord will wipe away its tears ; gone the contempt his people endured in the whole world's eyes ; the Lord has promised it.
O God, hear my prayer.
To you all fllesh will come.'
Isaiah 25:8

I hope they resonate with you, and you like them. I find them very beautiful when ou feel oppressed by negative thoughts sit dwn and such quotes, the 23rd Psalm and and every such beautiful consoling words.

Remember the Apostles wanted to call down fire on the people of a village who had not received them ? What was Jesus' response ? That he had not come to destroy us, but to save us. Our God is above all a God of mercy, love and UNDERSTANDING. You can be absolutely sure that Jesus will feel your suffering very acutely, and is with you at every step you take, every breath you draw.

Reall, I think you could do with a holiday, Karla, but I don't suppose it would be possible to arrange for someone to look after your nibloes. Whatever happens, God is always by our side. 'See. I will not forget you. I have carved you in the palm of my hand,' as Isaiah said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0