Florida
✟17,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well I tried to talk to him a little bit tonight about it and it is probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do as a dad. I never got this talk from my parents, so it was really hard trying to approach the subject with him and knowing what to say. He told me he has kissed a girl already at school, but nothing else. I have to really teach him about purity and just hope he remembers it when a sexual situation arises.

Anyways thanks to all of you.

Upvote 0

SaintMarina

Oct 21, 2007
✟15,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's great that you got the courage to talk to him and I hope that he continues to come to you and be open about these things.

I'm terrified of having to go through this with my girls when they are this age. They're only 2 1/2 yrs old and 6 months old. I learned more in the 3rd grade then my parents ever thought possible. It's so scary to think how bad it's going to be several years from now

Upvote 0

heart of peace

Aug 12, 2015
✟10,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Abbot. It is rare to hear about single dads these days. I can imagine how tough it must have been for you thus far. I pray that God will strengthen you and equip you with the help you will need to raise him through the [possible tumultous] teen years ahead.

I was curious as to what exactly your son did that is causing you to feel pride in him? Did he accomplish a hard task? :scratch:

Upvote 0

the_Abbot

Veteran
Dec 22, 2003
Florida
✟17,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was curious as to what exactly your son did that is causing you to feel pride in him? Did he accomplish a hard task?

No the pride I felt was I was happy that girls were checking him out. I know that is a messed up thing, but it was my first reaction when he told me. I think it might be a male thing maybe. I kicked myself right in the butt for feeling it though, because I know that shouldn't be my first reaction.

Upvote 0

heart of peace

Aug 12, 2015
✟10,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I see, you were feeling pride that he is a good looking boy, which only reflects on your genes. ;) Yes, vanity is a sin I struggle with myself, so I can relate. I just never thought men could feel pride with vanity as men don't nearly put as much effort into their appearance as women do so at least we can say we worked hard at the task of looking good... :D

Reactions: SaintMarina
Upvote 0

the_Abbot

Veteran
Dec 22, 2003
Florida
✟17,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah, I see, you were feeling pride that he is a good looking boy, which only reflects on your genes. ;) Yes, vanity is a sin I struggle with myself, so I can relate. I just never thought men could feel pride with vanity as men don't nearly put as much effort into their appearance as women do so at least we can say we worked hard at the task of looking good... :D
Haha nah I think the looks are from his mothers genes definitely not mine.

Upvote 0

cassc

Veteran- I am an Orthodox Christian
Jan 24, 2007
New England
✟16,923.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I needed to have "the talk" with a young girl that I mentored when I learned that as a middle schooler she was being pursued by 18, 19 and 20 year old boys (I believe she was 13 or 14 at the time) I used this site, but I haven't looked at them in a while site 1, site 2

Congratulations for having the courage to begin talking with him don't give up yet, it needs to be an on-going conversation!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.