How did God choose and predestine us to be saved?

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as free will. A person is either in bondage to sin or is a bond-servant of Christ. The only decision we can make is whether we are going to receive Christ as Saviour, or continue to reject Him.

God, in his sovereign will, has created a plan of salvation with strict instructions about how to enter into it and be saved. We have a choice between two options, and only two options: Be in bondage to sin and continue on the road to hell, or to receive Christ as the Person who has paid your debt of sin to God on the Cross and become a bond-servant to Him to follow God's will for the rest of your life. There is no middle ground. Therefore there is no free will. God has made us an offer we can't refuse. It is either His way of Salvation or the highway to hell. So, there is no contradiction between His sovereignty where He does things the way He wants, and our need to choose one of the two alternatives.

You cant say there is no such thing as free will, and then put a persons salvation on their own shoulders. It's sort of an oxy-moron.
No man can come to the Son except the Father draw Him. Now how is that up to me to be drawn of God to the Son?
I cannot baptize myself in the Holy Spirit, only Jesus has that right. And without the Spirit ye are none of His.
"Ye are saved by grace, through FAITH, and that(faith) not of yourselves, it (faith) is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8
Romans 3:21-28 is a good lesson of how one is justified by God in that the individual is given the faith necessary to believe according
to the grace of God. Thus God is the one who justifies he who believes in Jesus. Without the grace of God giving you the faith necessary
to believe then you would remain a vessel to dishonor. "He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will harden, He hardeneth."
Indeed as a babe in Christ He said to me "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, you know this" when telling me to go pray
for a specific person to receive a healing. The healing was of the heart and inoperable cancer which I found out about 6 months later.

All things are left up to God as He works ALL things, including when you should believe, according to the counsel of His own will

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel I should explain the last post.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that whatsoever the law saith it saith to them that are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and
all the world may become guilty before God. 20- Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the
law is the knowledge of sin.
21- But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22- Even the righteousness
of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ, unto ALL and upon ALL them that believe: for there is no difference:

22-For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God; 23 Being justified FREELY by His grace through the redemption that is in
Christ Jesus: 24- Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation, through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins
that are past, through the forbearance of God: 25- To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He (GOD) might be the justifier of
him which believeth in Jesus.

27- Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay: but the the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
30- Seeing it is one God that shall justify the circumcision by faith, and the uncircumcision through faith.

Gonna toss in Romans 5:18 Therefore, as through one mans offense (Adam) judgement came to ALL men, resulting in condemnation, even
so by one mans righteous act (Jesus), the FREE gift came to ALL men, resulting in justification of life.

In 3:19 we see that the entire world is guilty before God which is in accordance with the first part of 5:18, ALL men were condemned by
God because of Adams initial disobedience.

In 3:22-23 we see that God has freely justified All. And again in the last half of 5:18 due to the righteous act of Jesus laying down His life
for our sin.

The key to understanding these things is found in 3:25 Each man/woman is justified due to the sacrifice of Jesus. But, that individual
will only come into that knowledge as God gives them the faith necessary to believe in the finished work of the cross. Thus God is the
justifier of the one who believes in Jesus for He is the supplier of that faith.

To add Ephesians 2:8 for emphasis " For by grace are ye saved through FAITH; and that(FAITH) NOT OF YOURSELVES, it (FAITH) is the
gift of God.
Proving once again that it is God that draws one to Jesus, and teaches one of the sacrifice, then supplies the faith we need to believe
in what He has done through Jesus Christ for us.

man has no free will in being condemned, as he is condemned from the womb having done nor said anything yet. And in the same way
ALL men have been justified unto life according to the same God that condemned ALL men.
This justification by God is due to the fact that you must know and experience good and evil and be an active participant which is why ALL
were/are condemned, to mature each other as the vessels to dishonor cause love to increase in the vessels of mercy as they are sinned
against and forgive that sin, thus becoming more and more like their heavenly Father.
Remember the creation was subjected to vanity, not willingly, but by God. Vanity=condemnation. Faith, once received, reverses that vanity.

I hope that helps a bit and if read correctly should pose another question. Are ALL men saved by the righteous act of Jesus? Yes!!

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I hope that helps a bit and if read correctly should pose another question. Are ALL men saved by the righteous act of Jesus? Yes!!
So I'm left with a puzzlement. As in similar passages, one looks at the whole phrase, and not just the word, "all", to find the meaning or use of all, so with your question. Is your question whether it is by the righteous act of Jesus that any are saved —i.e. that the gospel of salvation by Jesus' righteous act is the only way of salvation? Or are you asking if all men are saved?

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was asking if ALL men were saved by the righteous act of Jesus? The answer was yes, yet most of mankind does not know nor believe in that reality. God condemned ALL men due to Adams disobedience on purpose, yet He justified the same ALL unto life due the righteous act of Jesus.
We both know that the timing of when a man comes to Christ is entirely up to the Father. It is only a matter of time until He lets the rest
in on what was accomplished by His sacrifice of His Son. ALL sin of the entire world was eradicated for every man.
Romans 5:18 is the best reference for this.
1 Co 15:21-22 For since by man(Adam) came death, by man(Jesus) also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam ALL die, even
so in Christ shall ALL be made alive. 23- But EVERY man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then they which are Christs at His coming.
I know how it sounds, like impossible, but you have to be shown the hidden manna to understand about the different dispensations
of time spoken of in Ephesians 1:10

1 Co 15:26- The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

This can only occur once 1Co 15:22 has been fulfilled, as no enemy of those whom Jesus died for shall prevail against even one person.
Death is destroyed once the last man has entered into the life purchased by the righteous act of Jesus spoken of in Rom 5:18.

To emphasize Jesus did say "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." Another witness to that spoken of in
Romans 5:18 and 1 Co 15:22

This is the true wonderful news of the Gospel.

"If you continue in my word then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free". Can you imagine being more free than
understanding this reality???

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Tim 4:9-11 "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach because
we trust in the living God , WHO IS THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN, specially of those that believe.
These things command and teach."

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I cannot prove this from scripture, but I actually believe that I turned to God because there were people praying for my salvation. My father, when he was alive and I and my biblings were young, sent most of us to deliver medicines to an old lady, who was a devoute salvation army lady. My youngest brother was not old enough to be sent round to deliver medicines to this lady and consequently never met her.

As time went on myself and all of my siblings, except my youngest brother accepted the Lord. I am one of five siblings, only four of us ever came to the Lord. I honestly believe that this lady was praying for me, although I have no way of knowing this! Could it be that we are chosen by God, because He is faithful to answer the prayers of others who are already His!

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to know also. There have been several threads on this. I'll never get it straight in my mind.
Adam, son of God, was created spirit, body and soul, and commanded to multiply the seed in his loins as sons of God ((Malachi 2:15).
God wanted the Adam sons of God to come forth as His own multiplied, image of God, sons, to be living stones for the building of the Adam temple of God, not made with hands, for His glory to dwell in, and to "plant the heavens", with.
Sons includes the Adam male and female persons multiplied in the kind.
Not one Adam kind seed can come into it's being by any means other than being written in the book of life from before the foundation of the world.
Our times and seasons are written in that book. We cannot "be" if not written in the Book of Life before the foundation of the world.
We all fell in the loins of our first father.
We were all dead in spirit, not alive as sons of God, since the fall.
The Redeemer/Kinsman was already "slain from the foundation of the world" and was promised, at the fall, to come, to destroy the works of the evil that got control of Adam's world and everything in it, at the fall.
All Adam kind souls belong to YHVH, and the Redeemer/Kinsman has ransomed every soul born in Adam, past, present and future -whosoever will receive Him".
Not one soul born in Adam can be cast into the lake of fire
UNLESS THEIR NAME IS BLOTTED OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE BY THEIR OWN REFUSAL TO SEEK THE LIGHT THAT LIGHTS EVERY ADAM SOUL THAT COMES INTO THE WORLD, WHILE THEY HAVE THEIR BEING. .
HE CHOSE US.
WE HAVE FREEWILL TO ACCEPT OR REFUSE HIM.
The above is an outline of what the Word of God teaches.
Anyone can study the points given, to clear any doubts.

No Adam can go back to the Garden our first father got cast down from, because the Adam flesh is defiled. The only way back is by the Adoption into the New Man name.
The Adoption of spirit, cleansing of soul by the Blood of atonement, and then, the Adoption of flesh, into the glorious new man body, which is the hope of our glory, in that New Man Body.
Adam will not be our name, as to our kind, then.
The New Man Name is "ISRAEL".
Isaiah 49 makes His Name clear, as the only created flesh brother to the fallen, dead to the Living Spirit, Adam.

He is our everlasting Father, if we receive Him, and He gives us His One Living Spirit, the Messiah/Christ Spirit.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I cannot prove this from scripture, but I actually believe that I turned to God because there were people praying for my salvation. My father, when he was alive and I and my biblings were young, sent most of us to deliver medicines to an old lady, who was a devoute salvation army lady. My youngest brother was not old enough to be sent round to deliver medicines to this lady and consequently never met her.

As time went on myself and all of my siblings, except my youngest brother accepted the Lord. I am one of five siblings, only four of us ever came to the Lord. I honestly believe that this lady was praying for me, although I have no way of knowing this! Could it be that we are chosen by God, because He is faithful to answer the prayers of others who are already His!

Actually you can prove that from scripture. That's precisely why Jesus told us to pray for our loved ones and our enemies.

Upvote 0