How deep can you go?

Decide which person(s) best describes the potential that you believe exist for you.

• Ruth

• David

• Samuel

• Elijah

• John

• Enoch

• Moses

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Every thought about it?

How well can you know God? What limits are there on a relationship with God? Are there ways to over come those limits?

Its not really a question for testimony, rather a theological question. So often our relational potential is not talked about. I mean is there a limit in the depth of spirituality that a man can obtain, his ability to interact with God? And what would that limit be?

Can you describe what level in Christ, you would call your 'dream' level. (Kind of like describing a dream house.)

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi there!

:wave:

Ro 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God doesn't move, it is us that moves. We have the choice of moving closer to God in every statement and action we make, or we have the choice of moving further away.

~malaka~

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It is often times so simple to touch God, to feel God. We are the ones who complicate everything. A God who accepts us as we are, and Who's love never fails, Who's only desire is to pure love on us, we so often miss it. Through our judgements of Him and of ourselves.

If I can just call on His name to feel His presence, if I just have to open my mouth to hear His voice, why do I spend most of my day alone? This question is a question that I think that far too many christians can identify with.

Upvote 0

Dandey

Oct 28, 2003
Bexhill on Sea
✟150.00
Faith
Christian
The limitation is my humanity against His infinity. It is not a question of breaking down barriers. God reveals Himself to us and He knows what I can bear. Remember what Jesus said to His disciples:

“ "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.” (John 16:12 NIV)

God knows how much we can take and we make a big mistake if we try to go beyond God's limits

Upvote 0

Dandey

Oct 28, 2003
Bexhill on Sea
✟150.00
Faith
Christian
Remember, I said God's limits. The early disciples had to learn that God's timing is perfect and He knows when to lift and when to drop the curtain. As regards the poll, I must admit that I do not want to compare myself with any of the OT or NT characters, or anyone else for that matter. I believe that I am a unique creation, just as well you may think. But if I am available God can use me whenever, wherever and however He wishes. His way is perfect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Izzy23 said:
I like the relationship Abraham had with God. He followed Him blindly. In spite of his weaknesses, God called him His friend. That's deep. :)

That is more or less what I was about to write . I would also add that Abraham was given the promises of which we are the recipients .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
daverain said:

John was a -CHRISTIAN- , who had - The Holy Spirit - .

("For The Holy Spirit had not yet been given.")

John is a good pick. I have thought often that the real reason that John was so unkillable is because he was so submitted to God. Much like Daniel, shad, mes, and benny.

But is that a true example of the depths possible in Christ. I think that enouch would have to be one of the best examles of extreme relationship. He just walking along haveing a conversation with God, like always and God says, 'you know what, why don't you just come up here.'

Upvote 0

daverain

Jan 1, 2005
B.C.
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

SnuP said:
I think that enouch would have to be one of the best examles of extreme relationship.

Enouch ( from Genesis ) ...

did -NOT- have The Holy Spirit...

like a -CHRISTIAN- does...
("For The Holy Spirit had -NOT YET BEEN GIVEN." )

John (The Apostle)

had The Holy Spirit (from Pentecost)...

And had Eternal Life (from Christ's sacrifice)...

(David committed murder. Yet "No murderer has eternal-life.")

And...

"Whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is -GREATER THAN JOHN THE BAPTIST."

(My words: At that time, John the baptist had -NOT- the sacrifice of Christ. )

Peace in Christ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.