How can you be shure that the Bible is the word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AQUAg33k

Oct 9, 2007
✟7,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand how people can believe that the Bible is 100% the word of God. Given mans nature It's very logical to assume that it has been altered in some way. Lots of people seem to think if you don't believe that the Bible is 100% the word of God you cant be Christian. I believe but I doubt the Bible has gone unchanged. Does anyone have information on this topic? Even post some links or suggest books that address this. It's something I have all ways wondered about.

rejectreality

Feb 14, 2005
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if the Bible could be proven 100% true, then it wouldn't be Faith. But, since we rely on Faith in our..........Faith, then we must trust that the Bible is in fact, 100% the word of God. As for being unaltered, I believe that everything that God was saying is accurately portrayed. As for the exact words, it can't be the same. If you've ever done any translating, you know that languages don't translate straight across. It is also important to realize that many terms used in the Bible are unknown to us. For example, we don't know exactly what length a "Cubit" represents, as described in Genesis. As for proof of the accuracy from the original texts to our modern Bible, they have virtually not changed. I don't know any links, but I have read and heard this from what I consider to be reliable sources. I know that argument doesn't hold weight, but I also have no reason to lie.

God bless

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand how people can believe that the Bible is 100% the word of God. Given mans nature It's very logical to assume that it has been altered in some way. Lots of people seem to think if you don't believe that the Bible is 100% the word of God you cant be Christian. I believe but I doubt the Bible has gone unchanged. Does anyone have information on this topic? Even post some links or suggest books that address this. It's something I have all ways wondered about.
Well when you can prove to me that evolution theory is fact, then we might get some facts.

Well, my dear enquirer it is highest selling book on the market.

The words have been verified in many ways from old parchments that have been found locked away in vauts for hundreds of years.

And most of all, once you are a Christian and you understand that HIS WORD is the truth, so who cares, what other people think, because they are the words and thoughts of those who are against our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now if you would like to talk about our Lord Jesus Christ, we will gladly talk about HIM.

Any questions?

Upvote 0

AQUAg33k

Oct 9, 2007
✟7,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would like to belive that every word is God's but a part of me can't. I have taken many Spanish classes so I understand the whole translation thing. And I can see with out doing any research that many stories even appear in other religions and they go back to various old scrolls and what not. I don't think humans evolved from primates but I belive in microevolution. You can see proof of microevolution by looking at insects. I belive in Jesus and I belive that he is the son of God. I just often wonder if anything has been taken away or added to the Bible.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, if the Bible could be proven 100% true, then it wouldn't be Faith. But, since we rely on Faith in our..........Faith, then we must trust that the Bible is in fact, 100% the word of God. As for being unaltered, I believe that everything that God was saying is accurately portrayed. As for the exact words, it can't be the same. If you've ever done any translating, you know that languages don't translate straight across. It is also important to realize that many terms used in the Bible are unknown to us. For example, we don't know exactly what length a "Cubit" represents, as described in Genesis. As for proof of the accuracy from the original texts to our modern Bible, they have virtually not changed. I don't know any links, but I have read and heard this from what I consider to be reliable sources. I know that argument doesn't hold weight, but I also have no reason to lie.

God bless

Rejectreality has made some good points. I'd like to add to it in another way it was presented to me...

1. Look at the style and how the entire Bible was written. It is not a "Once upon a time" format. It is written "matter-of-factly". It offers specific information about instances of the past.

2. The Bible talks about real places that have existed in the past, and that exist today. Archaeologists have used the Bible to find hidden cities. Those who find them, even today, are amazed at how accurate the Bible's descriptions are of places that have been lost and hidden for centuries.

3. The Bible talks about real people. There are ancient manuscripts and artifacts testifying of people that are in the Bible, like king Nebuchanezzer (?), king David, Pontius Pilate, etc.. I even read in a newspaper article of a fairly recent archaelogical artifact with an inscription referring to the city of David. Prior to that, his existence remained in doubt.

4. The bible has approximately 5,000 prophecies, many of which have already come to past. Others are being fulfilled today. Some are yet to come, but are showing signs of being fulfilled.

5. The Bible contains 66 books written by 44(?) authors, which covers a span of around 4,300 years. Many of the authors lived hundreds and hundreds of years apart. Yet, their testimony of what God said and done remain incredibly consistent with each other. We can't even be consistent with our parent's generation. Yet these people have done it.

6. The God I worship is in the Bible, and through his name, I cast out devils, healed the sick, speak in tongues, etc. No other book in the world can testify of God and give me His word and the knowledge of Him to do these things. If the Bible did not accurately portray God, then I would not be able to do any of these things.

7. Have you ever read the New York's Best Seller, "The Bible Code"? It's a fascinating book describing how incredibly awesome the Bible is, and how only God himself could have orchestrated it.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I would like to belive that every word is God's but a part of me can't. I have taken many Spanish classes so I understand the whole translation thing. And I can see with out doing any research that many stories even appear in other religions and they go back to various old scrolls and what not. I don't think humans evolved from primates but I belive in microevolution. You can see proof of microevolution by looking at insects. I belive in Jesus and I belive that he is the son of God. I just often wonder if anything has been taken away or added to the Bible.
My dear young brother in Christ, don't let the enemy confuse you and to cause you doubt.

I would gladly talk to you about the evolution THEORY, and God's Creation.

So, you can PM me if you wish.

Upvote 0

AQUAg33k

Oct 9, 2007
✟7,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will check out the The Bible Code. I was reading around and came across a post that suggested reading the NT first. I had always tried to read the Bible like any other book. Cover to cover. Last night I did some reading staring with the NT. So far that seems to be working a lot better for me.

Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
the only thing about the Bible code's accuracy, is that it is only accurate in the original translation, and in all likelihood it is only in the parts that Moses wrote. I have seen people try to make up Bible codes for english translations, but the code exists on the original manuscript of OT writings, not in KJV etc.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
the only thing about the Bible code's accuracy, is that it is only accurate in the original translation, and in all likelihood it is only in the parts that Moses wrote. I have seen people try to make up Bible codes for english translations, but the code exists on the original manuscript of OT writings, not in KJV etc.
Oh well, the best code I know is that Psalm 118:8 is the middle of the Bible, and that there is exactly the same amount of chapters either side the verse.

And it says to Trust our Lord Jesus Christ and have no confidence in man.

Be blessed, in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CShephard53

Somebody shut me up so I can live out loud!
Mar 15, 2007
✟13,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Take a look at the historical reliability of the Bible in comparison to other documents. You'll be astounded.

Upvote 0

CShephard53

Somebody shut me up so I can live out loud!
Mar 15, 2007
✟13,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God bless
Hebrews 11:1, faith isn't blind.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Another thing pointed out in the Bible code is the existence of numerous multiples of 7's in the English translation, especially in the first verse of Genesis 1. Drosnan also points out this phenomenon in the 4 gospels, all in English.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God created the Bible as He also
Sent people to write it like His prophets
And disciples because the Bible is real-life facts
As well as things that took place.
It is the world's best selling book but it
Isn't just a book. But how the world was created
As well as how God sent Jesus to die and rise again
Making sure that we wouldn't be separated from our sins! And from eternal life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.