How can we do greater works than Jesus? (John 14:12)

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Totally not.

The Cross secures our complete healing in eternity but when this manifests is subject to His will.

There has been too much false teaching linking healing to exercising faith.

Sure unbelief can frustrate the faith we are given, but faith is a gift given by personal hearing of His Word.

Some have the assurance of healing of a condition in this life, some don't.

Some who do have this personal revelation fall into unbelief and miss out on what He intended.

Some hang onto the Word they received and see the healing.

Further to all of this some are healed without faith at all (even before they believe)

So the idea of believers missing out on healing through 'lack of faith' (as if it was their fault) is flawed because not all are appointed to being healed.

Only those in whom He personally choses to glorify himself in this way, and speaks to about it, can expect healing, if they hold onto His Word in belief.
The Cross secures our complete healing in eternity

Is different from

Healing is guaranteed thru the cross.

After the 2nd coming, when eternity begins, none of the believers will ever be sick. We won't need any healing then

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Cross secures our complete healing in eternity

Is different from

Healing is guaranteed thru the cross.

After the 2nd coming, when eternity begins, none of the believers will ever be sick. We won't need any healing then

Yes... but your response indicates to me you haven't really understood my position.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes... but your response indicates to me you haven't really understood my position.
How is your position different from

You can pray to God to heal you but it's up to his will to heal you.

If you don't get healed, you will still get it at the resurrection?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is your position different from

You can pray to God to heal you but it's up to his will to heal you.

If you don't get healed, you will still get it at the resurrection?

God can and does speak to believers today.

He can indicate that He wants you to be personally healed in this life.

He can also guide you to pray for someones healing by showing you He is doing it.

So you asking and Him showing are two different matters altogether.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God can and does speak to believers today.

He can indicate that He wants you to be personally healed in this life.

He can also guide you to pray for someones healing by showing you He is doing it.

So you asking and Him showing are two different matters altogether.

So, when you use the term "can" repeatedly, how is this view different from what I have stated, "You can pray to God to heal you but it's up to his will to heal you."?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, when you use the term "can" repeatedly, how is this view different from what I have stated, "You can pray to God to heal you but it's up to his will to heal you."?

Because that simple summary ignores the importance of what I am saying as a whole.

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟15,272.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think it is more than that... We can't heal or move mountains unless the Father is doing it.

Nor could Jesus - that was what the temptation in the wilderness was all about - being asked to do what the Father wasn't doing.

So the real deal in healing is to first learn how to hear the Father and see what He is doing. Then to proclaim it is effortless - that is real faith - faith comes from hearing the Word of Christ.

This is generally not taught.

Folks are told they have the gifts - then use them (no reference whatever to whether it might be in Gods purpose)

Food for thought.
Yes, I agree, it is the Father doing this. God is our Healer. Jesus also told us, "I am nothing without the Father." So yes, I believe this to be true too. Thanks, Thijs.

Upvote 0