How can I get closer to God, and turn away from the temptations of Satan?

Elisha James

Mar 12, 2018
Private
✟16,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I need help seeking god. Im trying to turn away from Satan's temptations but some how they grab me and pull me back into sin. I tried everything, but some how they seem to keep pulling me back. I believe that God answers prayers, and I will always believe that, but I just don't feel like the strength thing works, am I doing something wrong, or is that how god flows?
BTW, I LOVE GOD WITH ALL MY HEART,MIND, AND SOUL, and I will always believe in him till the day I die! (When I mean "The strength thing, I mean that when I pray I say "Lord please strengthen me to...")

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need help seeking god. Im trying to turn away from Satan's temptations but some how they grab me and pull me back into sin. I tried everything, but some how they seem to keep pulling me back. I believe that God answers prayers, and I will always believe that, but I just don't feel like the strength thing works, am I doing something wrong, or is that how god flows?
BTW, I LOVE GOD WITH ALL MY HEART,MIND, AND SOUL, and I will always believe in him till the day I die! (When I mean "The strength thing, I mean that when I pray I say "Lord please strengthen me to...")

I believe you do love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and He knows that also. If I may be so bold here to offer something;

Your freedom from sin will only be found when you learn what it means to “reckon yourself dead”
It is this truth bought to life in a person that frees them from the “old man” and his dictates. Ask God to open the truths of these scripture that speak of your “death in Christ” and “having died in Christ” it is the “denying self” and what this means in reality and practice that is your freedom from your fallen sinful nature. This is for all Christians. It is the one way God has given to His Saints. That when “Christ died you died.” Oh the beauty and the glory and the freedom this truth brings.

Prayers for your understanding, and the glory and freedom it will bring. Much love in Christ, Not me

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,063.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As said up thread - this area is for a general introduction - i.e. who you are and what you hope to achieve here.

Questions about help you need are more appropriately placed here Christian Advice

There you will get lots of help I'm sure

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello Elisha;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0

Sallyalder

Sally
Mar 13, 2018
Grand Rapids
✟15,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Morning, Just the fact that you ask, says you are seeking Him. We all fail each day but the thing is to read His word and get involved in a friendly loving and BIBLE teaching church. Read the word, join BSF international, (Bible Study fellowship) website is BSFinternational.org. It's so important to find friends who are living their faith because its more than church on Sunday, it's every day. God Bless and keep you and give you the power only He can give.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
thanks, but how do i step away from being a lazy christian? it's true, ever since iv been lazy and not doing what im suppose to do as a christian
Out of respect for the forum rules, I should not give you advise here. We should either pick up in a conversation or you could open this in another thread as directed by the admins.

Upvote 0

purposelife

Mar 14, 2018
Columbia
✟8,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Grow in Faith. I try to stay in the word daily by reading scriptures. Prayers throughout the day. Making sure to set aside time for Him and making Him a priority. Praying for your strength!

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also: a warm welcome to Sallyalder and Cynthia Dingle, both first time posters/ new members to the Forums.

I would ask both of you to start threads here in the Intro folder to tell us a bit about yourselves. :)

Reactions: purposelife
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums