Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 3:20-21 in context... you must think context doesn't matter.

Not true at all. Rev 3:14-22 is about 7th age of the church which is it last and final one - the one that we are in today. It began in the mid to late 1800's.

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Origin of the creation of God, says this:
15 ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have no need of anything,” and you do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to apply to your eyes so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I rebuke and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21 The one who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat with My Father on His throne. 22 The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

Revelation 3:16 has Jesus vomitting them out. -- is about those Christians who insist on NOT being all for Christ - who view themselves as saved Christians but are not. Where as the non-Christitan worldling knows for sure he is not a Christian and so is in a position to know about the need for change. Christ points this out in Matt 7 when these warmed but not saved persons say to Christ "LORD LORD did we not do miracles IN YOUR NAME?"

Revelation 3:18 does not say anything about having gone through Great Tribulation. Instead of that it says "18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to apply to your eyes so that you may see."

Matthew 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Says nothing at all about having gone through great tribulation - rather it is about those who are so immersed in this world and its riches and pleasure that they no long feel the need of Christ and are not at all inclined to be fully-devoted Christians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I for the past months have discovered the theology of the chosen elect in the Bible,and I’m very concerned about wether I am one of the elect.

Well, why waste the energy on self torture? It is over and done and can't be changed. Live to serve in love and trust GOD that your end will be according to HIS plan for your creation whatever that is...

Do you really think a reprobate goat condemned already and without grace would want to serve Christ in love? Highly unlikely...focus on Christ, not yourself.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your concern, "I’m very concerned about whether I am one of the elect" - St. Peter directly addresses the matter here (bold added by me for emphasis):

The Power of God’s Promise:

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has bestowed on us everything that makes for life and devotion, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and power.
4 Through these, he has bestowed on us the precious and very great promises, so that through them you may come to share in the divine nature, after escaping from the corruption that is in the world because of evil desire.
5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, virtue with knowledge,
6 knowledge with self-control, self-control with endurance, endurance with devotion,
7 devotion with mutual affection, mutual affection with love.
8 If these are yours and increase in abundance, they will keep you from being idle or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 Anyone who lacks them is blind and shortsighted, forgetful of the cleansing of his past sins.
10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more eager to make your call and election firm, for, in doing so, you will never stumble.
11 For, in this way, entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ will be richly provided for you.

Peter's answer to the issue is a full-time 24/7/365 remaining in Jesus life of a disciple. Our goal: share in His divine nature! And remain in that holiness! Live in that holiness, in Him. Such is a life of repentance, of conversion, of devotion, of self-giving into His holy will. Such a life is attained only by and in and with His Holy Grace, by those who seek and ask and knock self-sacrificially at the door of His Sacred Heart.

and also

1 Cor 9:
23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave lest after I have preached the gospel to others, I myself will not be disqualified from it.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask the community for support please.I for the past months have discovered the theology of the chosen elect in the Bible,and I’m very concerned about wether I am one of the elect.For some if not most of you who know me and have supported me,does OCD and scrupulosity demonstrate that I am not an elect?, I have many unwanted doubts about faith and I’m always afraid that with the condition I’m in,that I may not be one of the elect. Can someone please help me?
There are many different views of what election means. I won't go into it here, but I can say this, you don't need to know.

I think with OCD the best thing you can do is focusing on the objective truth. Jesus died for your sins, that is fact, whether you believe it or not. So when you struggle with these thoughts, trust in Jesus and his work on the cross. Move your focus from yourself to the cross of Christ. I know that helps me. You will be more secure then in your salvation.

God bless!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
If you are in Christ you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise.

The test to see if you are in the faith.
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Those God calls His children
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
It's an aside to the point of the thread, but there is a somewhat interesting speculation that all the Elect actually have some of Isaac's blood in them.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's an aside to the point of the thread, but there is a somewhat interesting speculation that all the Elect actually have some of Isaac's blood in them.
I would think its not whose blood one has in them but whose Spirit lives with/in them.
As Paul wrote -neither Jew nor gentile
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Jesus-my sheep hear my voice...They can not be deceived away from Jesus.
Jesus-For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Not true at all. Rev 3:14-22 is about 7th age of the church which is it last and final one - the one that we are in today. It began in the mid to late 1800's.

Church ages... dispensationalism... I don't follow Paul's gospel.

That's why you don't understand what I believe.

I follow the Gospel of the Kingdom for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
The Revelation belongs to this Gospel, because John is a Galilean Discipled-Apostle.
So...
what I see are splits within the church... between the called, the chosen, and the faithful.
The called are seeds... one seed doesn't understand and never becomes chosen.
The chosen are tested... the ones who pass the test are the faithful.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask the community for support please.I for the past months have discovered the theology of the chosen elect in the Bible,and I’m very concerned about wether I am one of the elect.For some if not most of you who know me and have supported me,does OCD and scrupulosity demonstrate that I am not an elect?, I have many unwanted doubts about faith and I’m always afraid that with the condition I’m in,that I may not be one of the elect. Can someone please help me?

I don't believe in election, here is a link to my website that talks about the topic of predestination. Is Predestination real? | Everybody Matters Ministry

As for how do you ensure you are saved:

2Ti 2:19-22 But the foundation that God has laid is solid. On it is written, "The Lord knows who his people are. So everyone who worships the Lord must turn away from evil." In a large house some dishes are made of gold or silver, while others are made of wood or clay. Some of these are special, and others are not. That's also how it is with people. The ones who stop doing evil and make themselves pure will become special. Their lives will be holy and pleasing to their Master, and they will be able to do all kinds of good deeds. Run from temptations that capture young people. Always do the right thing. Be faithful, loving, and easy to get along with. Worship with people whose hearts are pure.

Basically, obey God's word, and have faith in Jesus to fill the cracks. How to be saved by Jesus from Hell | Everybody Matters Ministry

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I would think its not whose blood one has in them but whose Spirit lives with/in them.
As Paul wrote -neither Jew nor gentile
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Jesus-my sheep hear my voice...They can not be deceived away from Jesus.
Jesus-For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

And that's another thing the Gospel of the Kingdom doesn't believe.
And why would they? since they are literally the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
The elect can easily be deceived... when they read other people's mail.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rev 3:14-22 is about 7th age of the church which is it last and final one - the one that we are in today. It began in the mid to late 1800's.

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

Revelation 3:16 has Jesus vomitting them out. -- is about those Christians who insist on NOT being all for Christ - who view themselves as saved Christians but are not. Where as the non-Christitan worldling knows for sure he is not a Christian and so is in a position to know about the need for change. Christ points this out in Matt 7 when these warmed but not saved persons say to Christ "LORD LORD did we not do miracles IN YOUR NAME?"

Revelation 3:18 does not say anything about having gone through Great Tribulation. Instead of that it says "18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to apply to your eyes so that you may see."

Matthew 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Says nothing at all about having gone through great tribulation - rather it is about those who are so immersed in this world and its riches and pleasure that they no long feel the need of Christ and are not at all inclined to be fully-devoted Christians.

Church ages... dispensationalism... I don't follow Paul's gospel.

Sorry to hear that.

Still - Wesley was ok with Paul, so that is encouraging.

I follow the Gospel of the Kingdom for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
The Revelation belongs to this Gospel,

"ALL scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine" 2 Tim 3:16

John was writing in the 90's for the entire Christian church - pointing out future events the culminate in the second coming, millennium, lake of fire and New Earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you are born again, then problem solved.

True enough, but how does one know whether or not one is actually born again? There are many groups of Christians who define it very differently than you might. For example, the RCC defines it as occurring when an individual, usually a baby, is baptized.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True enough, but how does one know whether or not one is actually born again? There are many groups of Christians who define it very differently than you might. For example, the RCC defines it as occurring when an individual, usually a baby, is baptized.

This is not as difficult as it may seem. We are born again when we have find life in the word of God. Only then will we be eternal.

i know that finding life in the word needs to happen every day again for our sinful hearts very quickly draw us out of His truth back into the lies ruling again.

So only when we have life in the truth of God will we have past over from death to life.

1 Peter 1:23-25
"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord endures forever.

And this is the word that was preached to you.
"

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You would at some point felt the presence of the Spirit of Christ within your being. Spirit to your spirit.

If you have not had that witness I recommend you ask Jesus for that gift of God and don't let go of the Lord until He blesses you.

Jesus-If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is not as difficult as it may seem. We are born again when we have find life in the word of God. Only then will we be eternal.

i know that finding life in the word needs to happen every day again for our sinful hearts very quickly draw us out of His truth back into the lies ruling again.

So only when we have life in the truth of God will we have past over from death to life.

1 Peter 1:23-25
"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord endures forever.

And this is the word that was preached to you.
"

That is surprisingly vague. I don't know if I could hang my hat on it if my assurance depended on my daily existential experience.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You would at some point felt the presence of the Spirit of Christ within your being. Spirit to your spirit.

If you have not had that witness I recommend you ask Jesus for that gift of God and don't let go of the Lord until He blesses you.

Jesus-If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is surprisingly vague. I don't know if I could hang my hat on it if my assurance depended on my daily existential experience.

Vague? Life in His loving truth is never vague but as clear as crystal. And no i would not want to depend on my own existential experience, when i have His loving truth to have life in.

i know i'm fickle, even from minute to minute i stray out of his truth, but His loving truth is a rock i can always return to, and find myself also back again. That is why i know He saved me.

So in truth it is the loving truth of Jesus living within me that gives me assurance of my salvation. His good life never goes away or dims but is always open for me to enter back into. That is the good thing about being a citizen of Zion, Her gates are always open and it is never night. Letting His loving truth reap me out of my existential chaos ever day again is the purpose. Absolutely amazing what i have seen Him do in my heart through the truths of His Word. He does as He says and He is who He says He is.

So no i don't trust my existential reality all that much but i trust Jesus completely. The living word is the same today, tomorrow and forever.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Vague? Life in His loving truth is never vague but as clear as crystal. And no i would not want to depend on my own existential experience, when i have His loving truth to have life in.

i know i'm fickle, even from minute to minute i stray out of his truth, but His loving truth is a rock i can always return to, and find myself also back again. That is why i know He saved me.

So in truth it is the loving truth of Jesus living within me that gives me assurance of my salvation. His good life never goes away or dims but is always open for me to enter back into. That is the good thing about being a citizen of Zion, Her gates are always open and it is never night. Letting His loving truth reap me out of my existential chaos ever day again is the purpose. Absolutely amazing what i have seen Him do in my heart through the truths of His Word. He does as He says and He is who He says He is.

So no i don't trust my existential reality all that much but i trust Jesus completely. The living word is the same today, tomorrow and forever.

When you go out of the gates of Zion do you retain your salvation or do you check it at the gates?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you go out of the gates of Zion do you retain your salvation or do you check it at the gates?
life in lies is never saved but rather we are saved from it. Neither do we have to stay in Zion to be saved The Truth is the width and the height and the depth of our salvation.

The good things is that with Jesus bad life turns to good life, while in the lies of satan bad life brings misery. i reckon that is how we know which side we are on. When no matter what bad life comes our way Jesus turns it to our benefit. Such is true Victory.

Living in His truth is what i want every one find. The place were we even celebrate our judgement day.

Oh Come, Glorious Judgement!

Judgement Day begins when you meet up with Jesus,
He will search out your heart completely,
dividing the sheep from the goat!

He will address your inner lovelessness with His love,
and chase the clinging coldness away,
from death setting your soul wholly free!

Truly Judgement Day, is a day of ecstatic joy,
freedom for all those hurting and killed,
Only His Loving Truth ruling your inner reality.

Bad religion shall no longer cause any bother,
As His loving joy now finds deeper root,
Lush growth replacing all the deadness!

Yet Judgement Day will be the end of your fear,
As no terror may travel on The Way,
All of you in union, praising the Lamb!

Your big I, gets new function in the rear,
Loving Jesus ruling as king in place!
You loving our Heavenly Father dearly.

In all your life's deeds The Son you'll meet,
Answerable for all that you have done,
In good and bad His truth visiting you!