How Can Christians Love the Jewish People?

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This site had an interesting study on that :)

The Genesis Flood: Why the Bible Says It Must be Local

The "whole earth" often refers to the people not geography

However, there are many more examples of where kol erets is used without reference to any specific land, although the context clearly indicates a local area. For example, in Genesis 11 (the Tower of Babel) the text says, "the whole [kol] earth [erets] used the same language."6 We know that this reference is not really to the earth at all (and certainly not to the "whole earth"), but to the people of the earth, who all lived in one geographic location.

It wasn't until later that God scattered the people over the face of the earth.6 There are many other examples of where kol erets actually refers to people rather than the geography of the "whole earth":

ha, thats along the lines i was thinking. thanks for the heavy lifting brother! erumm, now, all families...:pray: may laso have a more local meaning?

Upvote 0

Son of Israel

Oct 9, 2009
Rogue River, Oregon
✟1,338.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am a Jew. But of course that means nothing if I'm not a Christian. I love those who are of the household of faith in Christ and they love me for we all together are the only true Seed of Abraham because we are born of Christ who is the singular only Seed of Abraham. (Gal 3:16)
We know that nothing of geneology or of the flesh counts anymore per scripture.
My family disowned me when I accepted Jesus. Jesus has comforted me in this though, He tells us this would happen. They rejected Him too. His true family is the True Israel of God. The Heavenly Jerusalem that is above, which has nothing to do with that Jerusalem beneath (Gal 4).
So yes, Christians should love Jews as brethren if they believe and are baptised. Being an non-believing Jew means nothing though anymore than would an Edomite.
Thank you for asking and may you be Blessed in our Messiah Jesus the Son of God!

Reactions: Ivy
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There are those who have not had their eyes opened to the Messiah's fulfilling the Old Testament, and the most solemn promise of God, just as you once were blind, quite unintentionally to that Truth. We, Christians, are to follow the example of Corrie Ten Boom and her family (and others). God gave a love and compassion for His Israel, that remnant He chose since before the foundation of the world.

Are you familiar with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews"?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am a Jew. But of course that means nothing if I'm not a Christian.
My family disowned me when I accepted Jesus. Jesus has comforted me in this though,
He tells us this would happen. They rejected Him too. His true family is the True Israel of God. The Heavenly Jerusalem that is above, which has nothing to do with that Jerusalem beneath (Gal 4).!
Thanks for that inspiring testimony dear friend! Sounds a lot like bor JOB in the OT.

Satan could have easily got to you and taken you down a path of self destruction or even atheism.
PRAISE JESUS!

Job 19:15 One sojourning of house of me, and maid-servants of me, to alien they are reckoning me, foreign-one I became in eyes of them.

Psalm 69:8 One being a stranger to my brothers, and an alien to sons of my mother.

Matt 10:35 For I came to set at variance--a man against, his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a bride against her mother-in-law;
36 And, a man foes, are, they of his own house.

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Job/Job.htm

...........In the book of Job there is a man and he dwells in the fertile land of Uz and his name is Job. The Hebrew word for Job is IYOWB and means, "hated, persecuted — hated or persecuted for being of an opposite tribe; enemy, calamitous, afflicted, or adversity; a coming back, restored to one's senses." It is used 56 times in the book of Job — this is 7 X 8, or PERFECTION BY RESURRECTION, or the PERFECTING OF A NEW MAN IN A NEW DAY. The primary and sequential thoughts here are: hated, tried, and restored to perfection. Those are precisely the meanings in Job's name.........

Upvote 0

Son of Israel

Oct 9, 2009
Rogue River, Oregon
✟1,338.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for that inspiring testimony dear friend! Sounds a lot like bor JOB in the OT.

Satan could have easily got to you and taken you down a path of self destruction or even atheism.
PRAISE JESUS!

Job 19:15 One sojourning of house of me, and maid-servants of me, to alien they are reckoning me, foreign-one I became in eyes of them.

Psalm 69:8 One being a stranger to my brothers, and an alien to sons of my mother.

Matt 10:35 For I came to set at variance--a man against, his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a bride against her mother-in-law;
36 And, a man foes, are, they of his own house.

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Job/Job.htm

...........In the book of Job there is a man and he dwells in the fertile land of Uz and his name is Job. The Hebrew word for Job is IYOWB and means, "hated, persecuted — hated or persecuted for being of an opposite tribe; enemy, calamitous, afflicted, or adversity; a coming back, restored to one's senses." It is used 56 times in the book of Job — this is 7 X 8, or PERFECTION BY RESURRECTION, or the PERFECTING OF A NEW MAN IN A NEW DAY. The primary and sequential thoughts here are: hated, tried, and restored to perfection. Those are precisely the meanings in Job's name.........

Thank you dear brother for your encouraging spirit to me! :)
So many of my Jewish family don't know the time of the Messiah's visitation when He Came. It is so sad. They are still looking up into the sky for Jesus to come somehow, some"day", some"where". It is called the doctrine of "dispensationalism". They don't know Him in His Kingdom, they think it is to be geo-politically established on this "planet". All the world is stirred up looking at that Jewish beast over there in palestine with that healed headwound, now back in the "land" as though "she" is a queen and not a widow. I so pray for my kinsmen that their eyes would see! I just don't know why Jesus called me out. I just don't know, I am so unworthy of being recognised by Him. The horrible things I used to teach, how many were led astray I don't know please forgive me Jesus! So I am bound with this chain, the Hope of Israel, to preach to all men everywhere of the glorious bride of Christ, the True Israel Church! In Her we are One as the Wife of Jesus. Such a Mercy! He Marries us and sows His Seed in us and as His fruitful Wife we bring forth the Son of God from within us! How awesome can He be toward us! We are no more that barren Jerusalem harlot of the old Covenant, but His cleansed and re-married Bride! How far above my understanding is His Love in His Mercies toward me and all my new family of Christians. I love you all! Special Blessings to you Lamb my dear brother :)

(Heb 12:22) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(Heb 12:23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

(Rom 9:33) As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

(Joh 12:15) Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

(Gal 4:26) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Christ forming within us is how He comes!

(Rev 12:1) And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
(Rev 12:2) And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
(Rev 12:5) And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

(Rev 3:12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
(Rev 21:2) And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

(Rev 19:7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Upvote 0

rubygirl

Nov 19, 2010
✟7,619.00
Faith
Judaism
Ivy,

Just treat a Jew the same as you would (with respect, understanding open-mindedness) any other person...

gentiles usually of the evangelical branches tend to either close off to Jews or to be overly solicitous and treat them as a project (wanting to read Bible verses about Jesus, for ex..)

Jews dont try to convert others to Judaism, generally speaking, its just not part of Judaism, how it is with Christianity (esp the evangelical or protestant branches(....
I noticed Catholics though dont seem to try to convert others to their beliefs, the way evangelicals do. To a Jew it can be seen (trying to convert someone) as a bit overstepping and unwelcome

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is it possible, in this forum, for an Observant Jew, without rancor or hatred, to respond this question without being deleted, punished or expelled?
Do you mean a non-Christian Jew? :groupray:

Upvote 0
No. I said that I was an Observant Jew. Other terms that are acceptable and synonymous are: Orthodox, Rabbinic, Pharisaic, Torah True, Talmudic, Traditional. There are many Jews who do not follow the Torah True Tradition, some of them profess to be Christian, some Buddhist, some aethistic, some etc. and some just don't care. What else is new? Every Nation has such. I did not claim to any one of those. But it seems strange to me that the discussion so far has involved only those who are not practicing a Traditional Jewish spiritual life, base on the Pharisaic Orthodox spiritual system. I would think that if the discussion was truely questioning of 'How Christians can love the Jewish People?', that the 'love interest' might be consulted about the matter. After all, I would think in a healthy love relation, the wishes and desires of both parties would be considered relevant? Don't you? Or is the lover's interest the only important/significant desire that needs to be considered?

Do you mean a non-Christian Jew? :groupray:

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Nice plea kivi, but this is an congregational forum. If you read the description it says it's a subform for fellowship for those who consider themselves Messianic Hebrew Christians. So it should come as no surprise to you that an Orthodox Jewish view is not existent. Though I see some have ignored the rules in the past.

Maybe the mods can move this thread into an area where you are free to debate with us? I'm sure others in this thread would love your input. I've tried to request such a place here in this subforum, but the rules are such that only believers in Yeshua Messiah are allowed to actually participate here in the congregational sections of the forum. The rules state you may make plesantries and ask questions, that is it. It's not about a lack of love, it's about respect for our congregational areas. Wouldn't that be a loving thing to do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would think that if the discussion was truely questioning of 'How Christians can love the Jewish People?', that the 'love interest' might be consulted about the matter.
I agree.:thumbsup:

I don't think it is very gracious of any Christian (especially since this is not their forum either) to call any Jew a non Christian Jew. It's , if nothing else, PI.;)

Actually regarding the reprimand you received, those who are MJ are also guests in this forum. This is technically a forum for Jewish Christians. :)

Upvote 0
I asked a question. I got an answer. Thank you for confirming my estimation of the situation. Have a plesantary day.

Nice plea kivi, but this is an congregational forum. If you read the description it says it's a subform for fellowship for those who consider themselves Messianic Hebrew Christians. So it should come as no surprise to you that an Orthodox Jewish view is not existent. Though I see some have ignored the rules in the past.

Maybe the mods can move this thread into an area where you are free to debate with us? I'm sure others in this thread would love your input. I've tried to request such a place here in this subforum, but the rules are such that only believers in Yeshua Messiah are allowed to actually participate here in the congregational sections of the forum. The rules state you may make plesantries and ask questions, that is it. It's not about a lack of love, it's about respect for our congregational areas. Wouldn't that be a loving thing to do?

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree.:thumbsup:

I don't think it is very gracious of any Christian (especially since this is not their forum either) to call any Jew a non Christian Jew.

This forum is called the Messianic Hebrew Christian forum, so yes, it is for Christians.

Even if this comment was down in the main MJ area, it will still be a Christian forum, because a) Messianics are Christians (the word "Christian" means literally "Messianic" anyway) and b) this forum is hosted under the umbrella of Christian Forums. It wouldn't be here in the congregational area if it was considered a non-Christian denomination/movement.

While I understand the zeal of one or two posters here to have Christians alienated from this forum, I don't think it is either realistic, warranted or called for. Those posters may in fact wish to distance themselves from Christianity, but there is a boundary to observe. If one rejects the essential tenets of Christianity, they are not truly Messianic.

Upvote 0

Ivy

Pray for President Barack Obama
Oct 26, 2005
NY State
✟17,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would think that if the discussion was truely questioning of 'How Christians can love the Jewish People?', that the 'love interest' might be consulted about the matter. After all, I would think in a healthy love relation, the wishes and desires of both parties would be considered relevant? Don't you? Or is the lover's interest the only important/significant desire that needs to be considered?

That was the purpose of my question, to consult the "love interest," so to speak. Some Christians take seriously the Scriptural notion that we owe an outstanding debt of love to the Jewish people, and yet they attempt to fulfill that in ways that have missed the step of educating themselves about the people they want to show friendship towards.

Probably I could have picked a better spot on the forum to ask the question, but at any rate, it was well intended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe the mods can move this thread into an area where you are free to debate with us?

Not only can we not debate with you, we cannot give our opinions on this forum -- in any subsection. By the way, thanks for the attention in the blog post. I never thought I'd merit such attention. But, I would ask that you remove that information, since our forum posts are copyright protected, and you do not have my permission or that of the other posters on my forum. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Not only can we not debate with you, we cannot give our opinions on this forum -- in any subsection. By the way, thanks for the attention in the blog post. I never thought I'd merit such attention. But, I would ask that you remove that information, since our forum posts are copyright protected, and you do not have my permission or that of the other posters on my forum. Thanks.
You mean opinions like this...

Yonah Mishael on Messiah Truth - A counter missionary forum said:
Do not let Messianics set the rules for how you discuss these issues. "Yeshua" is a sham, and when you use that term, you're allowing them to set the rules for language usage. This all comes down to semantics and word games. Don't accept what they try to feed you.
Messiah Truth The Messiah Truth Project, Inc. is a non-profit organization established to combat the deceptive missionary techniques of evangelical Christian denominations and the Messianic movements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You have heard of 'fair use', no? I will make sure all my blogs and information are within copyright fair use laws, and I will make sure you and your 'supporters' are properly exposed.

Funny, I thought you said your opinions were 'healthy' for our forum? Now you don't want them displayed? :confused:

And now it is YOU who have exposed them to the forum. I never openly promoted their disclosure.

And now you are hiding your opinions on your own forum from public view. How quaint. Talk about 'D E C E P T I V E'.......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You have heard of 'fair use', no? I will make sure all my blogs and information are within copyright fair use laws, and I will make sure you and your 'supporters' are properly exposed.

Funny, I thought you said your opinions were 'healthy' for our forum? Now you don't want them displayed? :confused:

And now it is YOU who have exposed them to the forum. I never openly promoted their disclosure.

And now you are hiding your opinions on your own forum from public view. How quaint. Talk about 'D E C E P T I V E'.......

The question is -- am I an operative counter-missionary (read: Jewish apologist) operating on Christian Forums? The answer is no, no matter how much rhetoric you throw out. I came here to share and to offer what I know -- that is, from my experience of knowing the Greek and Hebrew languages and what they have to say from the text. This is certainly a vile attack.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:confused:

Reactions: yonah_mishael
Upvote 0