Honouring him and disagreeing with Paul the apostle's tact.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Paul had a revelation of God differently to Peter and John, the twelve. He held the cloaks while the hateful men stoned Stephen during his speech. Paul was given a second chance in the great light on the road to Damascus. He had to do the work of two men to come good, and he seemed to do just that. John was a bit like Daniel, no fault to his repute was recorded, except was it to ask for fire to fall on a town that would not take in the Gospel. He could not be killed by pagan torturers and would not worship the emperor, nor his disciple Polycarp who was martyred for that reason whose letters are still with us. Were it not for long life we may not have Polycarp.

John's endurance of torture and yet remaining well is a sign of his greatness. Paul blinding the sorcerer a sign of his, but I suppose one thing can lead to another and Nero was not blinded. Nero was a useless man, who badly damaged Italy, he lived for himself and not for Rome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see a catechism in Paul's letters,
Paul's letters are a catechism (2 Tim 3:16).
I referred to the Catholic catechism and having the option of being judged by the catechism or my own conscience.
The New Testament is missing the Letter to the Laodiceans and the first of three letters to the Corinthians which was not popular with them. Paul raised up Timothy and could have raised up another one like him and maybe Apollos in Spain. Or Nero was unstoppable.
Living past the challenge of Nero and his successor, John continued to write.
I am sure God wanted many more evangelists and servants.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
christ crucified is what saves all the same way, 1 Corinthians 2:2, nobody believes in that any more or any less than anyone else, hence full assurance and growing in the faith of christ to his perfect measure.

Ephesians 4:13
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 2:2
That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Hebrews 6:11
And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Paul's letters are a catechism (2 Tim 3:16).

NKJV.
Romans 2:12-16
12For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Romans 14:22-23
22Romans 14 NKJVDo you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is [j]sin.

Paul now, in looking back may wish he did some things better. Paul and John, with Peter who was corrected, and Elijah, who did so well he ascended bodily.

In Paul's words we don't have a law, we have freedom in Christ. Commands like "no foul word should ever cross your lips" are not the same type of commands as Moses' law.

So what I mean is, I am free, I have my own conscience. I don't think Paul and the apostles were infallible. Paul had the struggle of wanting to be away from the world and his body and with the Lord or to stay with us for our benefit.

NKJV
Philippians 1:19-26
19For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I [d]cannot tell. 23[e]For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, 26that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.

At this life's end, we are not judged by a set of rules, but see our life again in full, reviewed, with full compassion and empathy, to the effect of each deed, many places in to others' lives. Like a ripple or butterfly effect. The angels and the Lord guide us. It is poignant to the conscience.

I don't know when God will judge us and when we will be glorified.

We have no better account of the Gospel than the NT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
christ crucified is what saves all the same way, 1 Corinthians 2:2, nobody believes in that any more or any less than anyone else, hence full assurance and growing in the faith of christ to his perfect measure.

Ephesians 4:13
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 2:2
That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Hebrews 6:11
And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
God gives us faith and grace according to His choice for each. And we must decide to receive grace, or draw back, which is disadmirable. To each a measure of faith and receive by faith, with honour to God.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NKJV.
Romans 2:12-16
12For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
Romans 14:22-23
22Romans 14 NKJVDo you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is [j]sin.
Paul now, in looking back may wish he did some things better. Paul and John, with Peter who was corrected, and Elijah, who did so well he ascended bodily.
In Paul's words we don't have a law, we have freedom in Christ. Commands like "no foul word should ever cross your lips" are not the same type of commands as Moses' law.
So what I mean is, I am free, I have my own conscience. I don't think Paul and the apostles were infallible. Paul had the struggle of wanting to be away from the world and his body and with the Lord or to stay with us for our benefit.
Just how much of the word of God do you really know?

All Scripture is God-breathed (2 Tim 3:16). God's word is not fallible.
NKJV
Philippians 1:19-26
19For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I [d]cannot tell. 23[e]For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, 26that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.
At this life's end, we are not judged by a set of rules, but see our life again in full, reviewed, with full compassion and empathy, to the effect of each deed, many places in to others' lives. Like a ripple or butterfly effect. The angels and the Lord guide us. It is poignant to the conscience.
All the born again will be judged for rewards by the quality of their work. That which stands the test of fire will be rewarded, that which does not stand the test will receive no reward. Nevertheless, all the born again will be saved (1 Co 3:12-15).
I don't know when God will judge us and when we will be glorified.

We have no better account of the Gospel than the NT.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you misread Timothy.
Keeping in mind that with the apostle Peter, the apostle Paul's writings enjoyed the same authority as "the other (OT) Scriptures." (2 Pe 3:16)

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your assertion must be Biblically demonstraed to have merit.
I'm just reading the text and not adding anything. The word is inspired not God breathed. Go back to what I wrote in # 15 to Jimmy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Just how much of the word of God do you really know?

All Scripture is God-breathed (2 Tim 3:16). God's word is not fallible.

All the born again will be judged for rewards by the quality of their work. That which stands the test of fire will be rewarded, that which does not stand the test will receive no reward. Nevertheless, all the born again will be saved (1 Co 3:12-15).
God's word comes in a human language, to gain absolute truth you need a few coordinates, God's word, best in say Koine Greek, and the Holy Spirit as teacher, Christ in your heart.

God's word with God's word explains itself. Interpreting means looking into the author and the readers addressed at the time of writing. It can't mean anything new or of private interpretation.

When gaining the Holy Spirit as teacher, you need to step off scripture to some personal experience of God. Walk on water, not literally, but literally pray in tongues, receive knowledge. When you actually see God, that revelation is beyond scripture, you cannot rebut Him, and He will explain Himself.

There are extents of love and wisdom.

I think Paul could have surpassed or avoided the Challenge of Nero.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just reading the text and not adding anything. The word is inspired not God breathed. Go back to what I wrote in # 15 to Jimmy.
The Greek is theo-pneustos; i.e., God-breathed.

Your post #15, demonstrating a non-spiritual (not of the Holy Spirit) meaning of "inspired," (from Latin translation of the Greek) is why the Greek is important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God's word comes in a human language, to gain absolute truth you need a few coordinates, God's word, best in say Koine Greek, and the Holy Spirit as teacher, Christ in your heart.

God's word with God's word explains itself. Interpreting means looking into the author and the readers addressed at the time of writing. It can't mean anything new or of private interpretation.

When gaining the Holy Spirit as teacher, you need to step off scripture to some personal experience of God. Walk on water, not literally, but literally pray in tongues, receive knowledge. When you actually see God, that revelation is beyond scripture, you cannot rebut Him, and He will explain Himself.

There are extents of love and wisdom.

I think Paul could have surpassed or avoided the Challenge of Nero.
All revealed to one apart from Scripture will be in agreement with Scripture if it is correct.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
All revealed to one apart from Scripture will be in agreement with Scripture if it is correct.
In a way I agree, love is the message and further revelation of love and it is in scripture already. Along the way, to Abraham more than three thousand years ago, came new revelations, that were in keeping with his spirit and soul as in righteousness. Can God do it again, surely, but there can be deception, and the testimony of the Bible is one checked by generation after generation for two thousand years and before in Israel. We know to be very suspicious of a new book like the Koran or Book of Mormon...

Personal witness of a new revelation, like a NDE life review can't be trusted, except that 1 in 20 people have had one, going back more than fifty years. And ancient people also reported things and the RCC has looked into it.

Take for example if you ask God for an account of the fall of Lucifer? About life on other planets? If you see buildings in Heaven? If your heart is filled abundantly with light and love, and if you smell the fragrance from the tree of life, and drink the living water, so it wells up into laughter...?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Greek is theo-pneustos; i.e., God-breathed.

Your post #15, demonstrating a non-spiritual (not of the Holy Spirit) meaning of "inspired," (from Latin translation of the Greek) is why the Greek is important.
Thank you for that. I'm born again and I know I have the Holy Spirit in me and so did they. I do believe in the divine inspiration of God with the writers and all of us at one time or another. They weren't inspired by the devil to write scripture and not by men. I also believe those men were fallible unless you think they're equal to Jesus. I also said the bible is truthful words to live by and the longer I live the more truths are shown to me.

Your accusations or arrogance (what are those words in Greek) "demonstrating a non-spiritual (not of the Holy Spirit) meaning of "inspired," and with the OP: Just how much of the word of God do you really know?

I no longer have faith in God but an absolute belief in the Lord who has given me three miracles in the last thirteen years. The latest was the healing of my heart in September after a heart attack. Praise the Lord!

Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for that. I'm born again and I know I have the Holy Spirit in me and so did they. I do believe in the divine inspiration of God with the writers and all of us at one time or another. They weren't inspired by the devil to write scripture and not by men. I also believe those men were fallible unless you think they're equal to Jesus.
I suggest your notion of apostolic "fallibility" in penning of the Scriptures is due to your misunderstanding of the word theo-pneustos in
"All Scripture is God-breathed." (2 Ti 3:16).
God is not "fallible."
I also said the bible is truthful words to live by and the longer I live the more truths are shown to me.

Your accusations or arrogance (what are those words in Greek) "demonstrating a non-spiritual (not of the Holy Spirit) meaning of "inspired,"
"Non-spiritual" simply means it has nothing to do with God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit, it is from another source.
and with the OP: Just how much of the word of God do you really know?
Do you have a question about it?
I no longer have faith in God
But that puts you in disagreement with the Lord, who called his Father "my God and your God." (Jn 20:17)

Do you realize how much you are hurting the Lord by denying his Father and God whom he loves so much?

Think about it. . .
but an absolute belief in the Lord who has given me three miracles in the last thirteen years. The latest was the healing of my heart in September after a heart attack. Praise the Lord!

Peace

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God gives us faith and grace according to His choice for each. And we must decide to receive grace, or draw back, which is disadmirable. To each a measure of faith and receive by faith, with honour to God.
faith is believing god raised christ from the dead, that is what saves everyone alike, it is belief in the love god had for us all, we show belief in the love god did for us all when we walk in the same love, that is all who believe in the living name of christ understanding his love, past all understanding of all who do not walk in the same love that christ walked in, as we are to lay our lives down for the brothers, which all the apostles of christ did equally.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
scriptures for doing equally, instead of speaking great swelling words of vanity, as done daily for years without anyone interested in anythin than keeping their debate going.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Ephesians 3:19
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1 John 3:16
Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
R
faith is believing god raised christ from the dead, that is what saves everyone alike, it is belief in the love god had for us all, we show belief in the love god did for us all when we walk in the same love, that is all who believe in the living name of christ understanding his love, past all understanding of all who do not walk in the same love that christ walked in, as we are to lay our lives down for the brothers, which all the apostles of christ did equally.
Romans 12:3 mentions measures of faith, and Jesus before he died mentioned faith as a mustard seed. OT people had faith, I think God aportions faith when we are born. The apostles only may have had the same amount of faith and love. And revelation of God, reverence, honour and wisdom...

Like the shapes of our faces are different, so also the shapes of our faith, love, wisdom, reverence, depending on how God made us and our experiences...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
faith in christ is not in a world full of wolves in sheeps clothing, it is only in following the apostles, as they are followers of christ.

1 Corinthians 411 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Philippians 317 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Upvote 0