Homosexuals and Bisexuals (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Braunwyn

It was not the people who committed sexual sins whom Jesus held up to obloquy, but those who, secure in their own supposed righteousness, presumed to judge their fellow man. There is a lesson in that for all who have ears to hear.
You're so clear-headed and kind. Good for you, polycarp1.

So why question me ;) I think we can just leave it alone. I already said that majority is entitled to its rights. And if Christians are the majority who do not wish their children in public schools be indocrinized they can do that through their votes. We still have democracy with majority ruling the last time I checked.
Last time you checked where?

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
At schools I do not see any "special needs" or any other groups awarness week... Unfortunately I see a week spend on the subject. Like we see schools do a true African American awareness week? what about watching all week long movies and truly taken to places of historical importance? Hardly they spend any time to teach those events of great importance not only for America but all the world...:( But going to Homosexality I do not see how teaching about homosexuality for a whole week and the homosexual lifestyle is not indocrinization.... While other minorities are overlooked and not given the same attention? yeah Hebrew awareness or Islam awareness or 'special needs" should be of the same importance why single out the homosexual issue? it beats me although it is truly so obvious that the weitght is given to that. Also I do not see so many hate crimes against homosexuals that would jutify it either. On the contrary we still see race hate crimes commited... But unfortunately those get less attention by the agenda driven lobbists... I am afraid.

Also about democracy actually it is a diservice to call it that if it is not in reality that.... How sad for to think that such a established and respected government system has been "won over" by the more materialistic and hydonistic system where humanism and the good of society is ignored in glorification of the individual interest and ultimately one's own ego.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
At schools I do not see any "special needs" or any other groups awarness week... Unfortunately I see a week spend on the subject. Like we see schools do a true African American awareness week? what about watching all week long movies and truly taken to places of historical importance? Hardly they spend any time to teach those events of great importance not only for America but all the world...:( But going to Homosexality I do not see how teaching about homosexuality for a whole week and the homosexual lifestyle is not indocrinization.... While other minorities are overlooked and not given the same attention? yeah Hebrew awareness or Islam awareness or 'special needs" should be of the same importance why single out the homosexual issue? it beats me although it is truly so obvious that the weitght is given to that. Also I do not see so many hate crimes against homosexuals that would jutify it either. On the contrary we still see race hate crimes commited... But unfortunately those get less attention by the agenda driven lobbists... I am afraid.

Also about democracy actually it is a diservice to call it that if it is not in reality that.... How sad for to think that such a established and respected government system has been "won over" by the more materialistic and hydonistic system where humanism and the good of society is ignored in glorification of the individual interest and ultimately one's own ego.

So, I suppose that Black History Month (an entire month!) just slips your mind? What about homosexuals bothers you so much deep down? That they "live in sin"? Well, Jewish people don't believe that Jesus was the messiah and "live in sin" according to you, are you upset that schools may teach your child that Judaism exists and have their own holidays and can actually marry each other?

Why are you so worried about homosexuals? It seems like you are the one with a huge problem and you can't get over that problem to see what schools are actually doing.

Did you go to the schools and watch the videos and read what your children were taught, or are you overreacting to a situation you may not completely understand? You don't seem to have a firm grasp on exactly how the United States government works, so it is not that far-fetched to wonder if you know exactly what the schools are teaching your children.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am not "worried" about homosexuals living in sin.. God will judge and I am teaching my child not to judge either. I do not want her to be told that homosexual living is NOT a sin. I think that sitting down every day for a week long during lunch and "enforce" that all students engage in talk about "how homosexual living" is glorious indocrination. I have been told so by the students themselves and teachers who witness it and even had to enforce it. I have a right as a parent to protest or we are not democracy?? I thought we are free to chose what values my child is taught. You said actually I have a right to teach them in my home... and in my church .. Now explain to me why the school is messing with my parenthood?

....ah...sorry you said we do not have democracy my bad though ;) LOL.....

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

I don't understand. The US has been a democratic republic since its inception.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
I am not "worried" about homosexuals living in sin.. God will judge and I am teaching my child not to judge either. I do not want her to be told that homosexual living is NOT a sin. I think that sitting down every day for a week long during lunch and "enforce" that all students engage in talk about "how homosexual living" is glorious indocrination. I have been told so by the students themselves and teachers who witness it and even had to enforce it. I have a right as a parent to protest or we are not democracy?? I thought we are free to chose what values my child is taught. You said actually I have a right to teach them in my home... and in my church .. Now explain to me why the school is messing with my parenthood?

I never said we don't have a democracy, I said that we don't have a pure democracy as you seem to describe it as. We do not have a simple majority rule in this country. You should look into how it all works, it is quite interesting.

As to what you described, I would agree that it is wrong to do that to children. This is the first such claim I have read about forcing children to talk about specific things at lunch. I would have been sent to the office every day that week. I don't do well when my freedoms are infringed upon.

However, that issue aside, and I bet most homosexuals themselves would view what you described as not quite right, why do you feel that homosexuals should not have the right to marry in a country that does not recognize any specific religious or philosophical point of view to be the "correct" one, but focuses on the rights of its citizens?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
ditto some said that majority does not rule... I wonder why we count votes for a president then.... it beats me :confused:

It is possible for the person to get the least amount of real votes to win the presidency. You actually picked the worst office for your example.

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

ditto some said that majority does not rule... I wonder why we count votes for a president then.... it beats me :confused:
Majority doesn't rule, though. If it did, prop 8 couldn't be contested. If it did, boy would we be in trouble. People are bought and sold so easily. Way too many people are generally uneducated, let alone not up to speed IRT their own government, politics, and the issues they think they're voting for or against. That's not to say our politicians are any better though.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

I agree with the b&w that you are neglecting all the other groups that get lengths of time spent in public schools to teach about them. Black History month, Women's History month, etc. While they spend one week on this particular subject.

And, you do have the right to select the material your child learns. You have the option of private schools, home schooling, etc. if you feel that your children are being done a dis-service by being taught about the subject of homosexuality. You also have the right to protest it and speak on the issue to your school board. You have a lot of rights on the matter.

Also, where are you? The schools I went to never had such a program.

Although we did celebrate Black History month, Women's History month, Hispanic Heritage (to a small degree at least), and other such. As well as spent certain weeks in learning system wide of WWII history, and those types of events.

We have a representative democratic republic. By the way.

Representative Democracy:
A form of government where the powers of the sovereignty are delegated to a body of men, elected from time to time, who exercise them for the benefit of the whole nation.

Republic:
A commonwealth; that form of government in which the administration of affairs is open to all the citizens. In another sense, it signifies the state, independently of its form of government.

Taken from: Legal Law Terms

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

It is possible for the person to get the least amount of real votes to win the presidency. You actually picked the worst office for your example.
Yea, IIRC, very few presidents have won the majority vote. Really, most conservatives wouldn't do well with a pure democracy because of sheer numbers of people that live in cities.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glad you see it as odd as I did and the child that reported this is actually struggling with homosexuality in his own life and also found it odd because he is christian and felt that his rights were infringed... :(. So there was no bias here either...

But this country was established in Judeochristian ethics no? So why would we call that nation void of any "philosophical point of view" . Was the constitution based on "Freedom and justice under God" ? Now you are saying it is a "secular" state or so to claim. Since the constitution was conceptualized by those standards and values are we untrue to the cosntitution? Even marriage defined by the constitution is "altered" to fit the homosexual marriage.... So overall to be a absolute secular state (impossible to me since we are too multicultural and there will be always someone's rights we will infringe) we would end up with anarchy again I am just speculating here as I do not know( as many of our times too) how multiculturalism will affect our lives as we know them..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.