Status
Not open for further replies.

citygirl

Mar 10, 2004
New Jersey
✟7,665.00
Faith
Christian
I didn't vote in the poll, because I don't think the answer is that easy - you'd have to look at the person's heart, and see how they are struggling/dealing with the sin.

Debbie said:
The theory that a homosexual can be saved while still being an active homosexual who is not sorry for his sins is ludicrous. MY church allows sinners of all types, but eventually they must repent or leave the church.

The problem I have with this quote is that ALL of us sin, and we all strugle. Its an issue that is between the person and God. Yes, and christians we are called to judge our fellow believers - I belive that doesn't mean condemming them. If the homosexual is serious about his christian faith, he/she really needs to get into an accountability group instead of everyone condemming him/her.

And on another note - why is the church so hung up on condemming homosexuals when prematerial sex seems so accepted and swept under the rug in some Christian circles???

Reactions: seebs
Upvote 0

orange

Feb 3, 2004
Armenia
✟737.00
Faith
Protestant
aforchrist33 said:
Dear Debbie;

You said, "There's no such thing as a saved homosextual" Can you give me a scripture showing where Jesus dam's a homosexual after believing in His death and resurection? Thanks! God bless!

Truth will free us from sin and lie.
What is lie? Lie deceived us.

Many men believe that one can reach almost everything if he has big faith. But in reality it is not a faith itself that is important, but the subject of one’s faith.
If you believe in truth, which is Jesus Christ, the Word of God, you will be blessed. But if you believe in lie you will be cursed. And lie is semi-truth. I attempt to uncover such lie, which is semi-truth, by explaining the “true truth”.
History of mankind, beginning from our forefather Adam, shows that Devil has so much power over people how much he can deceive them with his lies and certainly when man himself voluntarily agree with him, without have been deceived (Witchcrafts). And therefore a man escapes from evil and Devil as much as he rejects that errors and lies, which are inspired by him through different ways, beginning from parents, school and literature and finishing by a church traditions and no evangelical religious views. That is why we must destroy the lies of Devil, so that way to redeem church and mankind from the power of evil.
With truth you can fight against semi-truth, if, of course, when you are jealous for truth.
All sins are mental illness. Mental illness is result of lies of the Devl. God would free us from our sins with the help of the Word of God. The Word of God(truth) would destroy the lie, homosexuality and other sins.
Word of God is truth, and truth will free us from the sin.
For example it. When I am weak at girls I say to me the Word of God
"Why I must to do love with other woman?" ( about it is so). And this words help me very much.
I see how strong they destroy the temptation. It have to help you I believe. For homosexuality you must find also other Words of God for it......
Lies of Devil are alike to viruses in computer, and the truths of God are alike
Antiviruses. These antiviruses destroy the lies of Devil. What is not from Word of God is lie…………….
Orange in Christ

There are many lies that destroy our spiritual life. And transforms it into a hell. Homosexuality only a example for us. Homosexuality itself is backed with other lies. For example the idea that sex before marriage is right, that we must do the will of our body every time if we want, we can express our love to others only by sex, Word of God from Gospel is not necessary for us to do and so on. But the humankind is destroyed not only by homosexualism. There are other lies that do their black deed in our spirit and heart. They destroy our faith and power.
There is one serious difference between truth and lie.
The truth have a power at itself, but a lie have not any power at itself,
It get his power from persons who were fooled by this lie. Its power is the same power of fooled persons but not its.
How many persons are fooled so much power have a lie.
Power of a lie simply is power of persons who was fooled by it.
Instead it a truth have power, and his power don’t depend from power of persons who accept it. Acceptance of truth is good only for those who accepts it. If you don’t accept a truth then in any way God will have whom
who will accept truth and this truth will act in this person and will give him big power. But when a lie can’t find many fooled persons who was fooled, then this lie have not any power, because he cant do any good or
bad thing besides when would deceive. Lie can’t be constructive, he can be only destructive because he don’t show reality but shows not real subjects.
So, to have power on us and to use our power for his will Devil forces us to believe his lies.
So how we must deal with homosexuals for example? Some say that they must be with us in one Church. But it is not truth, it is another lie.
See to the Gospel, and Gospel will teach you a truth about this question.
“they must be with us in one Church”. Is there such Word of God, if not why we must believe to it? We must act how Word of God teach us to act
but not how we like to act. When we justify the homosexuality then we can justify the murdering. Why we must not to kill innocent people?? How many people we will kill so it will be much more good for others.
So who justify homosexuality he breaks that bough which holds his life’s price. The same way the same homosexuals would be killed by the persons who would believe their fool idea of justifying homosexualism.
Against homosexuality. ((I Corint 6, 9-11; Romans 1, 27; Ephes 5,5; II Peter 2, 18-19; I Timothy 1,10; Jude 1, 7-8: )).
So what I want to say. We must be careful about truth and lie.
In our heart we have many lies that destroy our life and our faith, we must escape from all them to have a blessed life for God and for us. We don’t know about many lies that live in our heart. God’s truth will free us from all these lies of Devil. God bless you.
Orange in Christ
Against homosexuality.

I Corint 6, 9-11;
Romans 1, 27;
Ephes 5,5;
II Peter 2, 18-19;
I Timothy 1,10;
Jude 1, 7-8:

Upvote 0

La Bonita Zorilla

Diana's Quiver Bearer
Mar 25, 2003
New York
Visit site
✟2,855.00
Faith
Methodist
Gabriel said:
What??!! Then what are we to assume the meaning of the following passage from 1 Corinthians means?
9Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
In We Were Baptized Too: Claiming God's Grace for Lesbians and Gays (Louisville, Kentucky: Westminister John Knox Press, 1996) Marilyn Bennett Alexander (Executive Director of Perkins Relations at Southern Methodist University, Perkins School of Theology [of which my father-in-law is a graduate]) and James Preston (Outreach Coordinator for the Reconciling Congregations Program) this passage and 1 Timothy 1:10 "do not address homosexuality, but focus on idolotrous activity." Source of this is Victor Paul Furnish, Moral teachings of Paul (Nashville: Abingndn Press, 19850, 71-72: According to Furnish: "We must acknowledge that 'homosexuality' is not the topic in this passage, and that the two words, which, taken together, constitute a reference to it, are part of a traditional list of miscellaneous vices commonly attributed by Jews to Gentiles. Paul uses the list as a reminder to his readers that as Christians they should put the old ways behind them. There is no indication that he is aware of or has been asked about any particular problem of homosexual practice in Corinth. In fact, the sexual immorality with which he is specifically concerned in this context is heterosexual in nature (1 Cor. 5:1-5; 6:12-20)."

Alexander and Preston continue: "The problem with both passages is the ambiguity of the translations of two important words: arsenokoites
(NSRV: sodomites) and malakos (NSRV: male prostitutes. The writers of these passages were concerned with the matter of males prostitutes and pederasty (adult men having sex with boys), not with mutual, loving relations between two adult men." For this they cite furnish again as well as Jeffrey S. Siker, ed., Homosexuality and the Church (Louisville: Westminister John Knox Press, 1994), and George D. McCain, "What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality?" in Social Question Bulletin 83:2-3.

Upvote 0

LynneClomina

Jan 31, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟17,768.00
Faith
Calvinist
Nehemiah_Center said:
The problem is always sin
The answer is always Jesus!

The church always has a problem with the sin of homosexuality
I think first because 90% of us are not homosexual
But also because there is a push from the remaining 10% to gain social acceptance
in all arenas.

God HATES sin! He really does.
And salvation comes through acceptance of Jesus as Lord
Faith in who and what he is
And Repantance of the sinful nature

Something familar from John 3
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Here is the point if you are indeed born again you have accepted Jesus not only as SAVIOR but also LORD!

Accepting Salvation is easy. No one wants eternal punishment in fact for the most part we don't want to accept any responsibility for our actions.

Accepting Lordship is a whole nuther thing though isn't it. Thats going to mean that I have to play by the rules of a holy and righteous God! I may stumble here and there but if Jesus is leading then I am not going to desire to sin and I surely am not going to be PROUD of my sin.

What I see is a group that wants the forgiveness and not the Lordship. Anyone who is in open unrepantant sin I beleive based on scripture has not been reborn of the spirit and thus is unsaved.

Yes I agree that G-d loves you and he stands ready to becon you home. But you have to walk all the way to Him to get the robe and the ring.

I am sorry you will not be able to serve Ha'Satan as you have in the past. It's time to pick up your cross and follow Jesus!

Blessings

Pastor George :wave:

GREAT post, pastor george!!!

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am very disturbed by the ease with which people declare that other people are unsaved.

Have we forgotten which forum this is in? This is in the Protestant/Reformed/Evangelical forum. We're the churches that don't always agree on everything. One of the largest P/R/E churches in the world was founded specifically on the belief that clergy should be allowed to own slaves.

The fact is, sometimes the thing God most wants to change in someone isn't the one you would have picked, if you were in charge. That doesn't mean the person isn't saved, or isn't listening to God; it means that God's not answerable to us.

I've seen posts in this thread from people who are often very angry, people I've seen lying, people I've seen do all sorts of sinful things. We still sin; who are we to throw stones at someone else? I'm sure someone will point out the distinction between "anger" and "righteous indignation" or some such... but what makes that any different from the way in which a homosexual might distinguish between casual sex and sex within a committed relationship?

If we are to have orthodoxy, let's go knock on the doors of the Orthodox or Catholic churches and see if they'll let us back in. If you want orthodoxy, if you want centralized authority, you know where to find it.

In the absence of such authority, I can see no way for us to make the leap from "my church teaches" to "it is true that". We have our opinions, or the opinions of our churches. We have the way our church understands the Bible, but we do not have any authority; that would have to come from somewhere, and over here, we're the folks who said that there wasn't any human authority to be had.

It just seems like we've rather lost our roots in this picture.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.