Homosexuality isn't a sin, nor is gay marriage (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shredhead

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2007
Queensland
✟22,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Ohioprof
I am quoting my own post here, because I just read an interesting article in the New York Times which argues what I was suggesting in this post about morals possibly being hard-wired in us.
Oh , you mean like the Law being written on our hearts ? Really? ! Careful , next you'll be saying sin is therefore a choice .

Hell is described in the Bible as a place of utter isolation from what I recall, so how you would you see other people there? hmmm....
Hmmm , perhaps you should read a little further .

Ah yes, there are truly some creative works of fiction out there.
Sure are , none more extraordinary though , than those claiming homosexuality isn't sin .

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where's the disrespect? Christians are loving you to death, and fighting you to do it!
calling people abomination, disgusting, unnatural and sick is NOT loving language...

Or, do you genuinely consider the case of Matthew Shepard an example of "loving" someone to death?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟87,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Probably the same as this websites. "Anyone who calls themselves christian is one."

I did not ask that. I know anyone can call them self a Christian. I asked what her definition of a Christian was.

She said...

If I say I am a Christian, then I AM a Christian. You don't get to define who I am. I do that.

I am not asking why she calls herself a Christian. The forum rules explain that much. She said she is able to define who she is. I am asking what her definition of what a Christian is. I'm curious to see what it is.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Probably the same as this websites. "Anyone who calls themselves christian is one."

I could have sworn I heard my dog say he was a christian. Maybe he should have an account too.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟87,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
calling people abomination, disgusting, unnatural and sick is NOT loving language...

Or, do you genuinely consider the case of Matthew Shepard an example of "loving" someone to death?

You act like there a thousand Matthew Shepards are dying a day. Notice how that made the news? Why no more news about the thousands of others being killed all the time?

And, the men who killed him were not Christians. They were not believers in the Bible. Those are the ones you need to worry about.

With Christians, you just do not like being told homosexuality is a sin.

Are you here thinking you can make us stop believing its a sin?

Or, just here to let us know how frustrating it is to be told its a sin?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Who cares? Bully for them! Why should I care about the Puritan sect? It's what Jesus came to give us--salvation. Anyone who refuses it is plum outta luck.

if you truly believe this, why do you spend so much time trying to tell other people that they aren't elligible for salvation?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

NO ONE is calling anyone an abomination, disgusting or even sick---it's the behaviour that is those things. God loves the person inside that coccoon of sin.

You are so wrapped up in denial and rationalization that you fail to even understand God's love and concern!

We don't want to see you ripped away from the presence of God on that horrible day---we want you to escape Judgment as we will. It's those who are heading down the same wide road who are telling you it's alright--they are lying, and actually hating you. They are the blind leading the blind--as Jesus says--you'll both fall into the ditch.

We've found the pearl of great price and we want you to find it too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You act like there a thousand Matthew Shepards are dying a day. Notice how that made the news? Why no more news about the thousands of others being killed all the time?

And, the men who killed him were not Christians. They were not believers in the Bible. Those are the ones you need to worry about.

With Christians, you just do not like being told homosexuality is a sin.

Are you here thinking you can make us stop believing its a sin?

Or, just here to let us know how frustrating it is to be told its a sin?
Oh... so, because Mathew's case isn't an every day occurence, it isn't worthy of note?
And, the men who killed him were not Christians. They were not believers in the Bible.
Prove it?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
if you truly believe this, why do you spend so much time trying to tell other people that they aren't elligible for salvation?

You don't know what you're talking about...

Salvation is free for everyone, but you have to accept it. As you can read below, it is not a universal salvation--there are conditions.

John 3:16-21
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.”

Upvote 0

Jet_A_Jockey

Jet+Jetslove=2gether4ever :)
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2006
hurricane central
Visit site
✟39,891.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, see my example.

I doubt a God who is eternally good would it filth for a mother to willingly risk her life to give birth to her child, or for a stranger to step in front of a car to save a child. Regardless of what they believe, I doubt God looks on that as "filth".

Does this mean you doubt the book of Isaiah?

Upvote 0

Shredhead

Senior Veteran
Sep 5, 2007
Queensland
✟22,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
also known as Hate.
Distinctly different , Hate seeks to further itself , Love seeks to further others .
Tell us , what takes more Love , to watch someone go to Hell , because of their ignorance/deception & say nothing , even though you could prevent it , or , to see someone going to Hell & tell them the Truth ?
What are your motives Ms Halo ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Distinctly different , Hate seeks to further itself , Love seeks to further others .
Tell us , what takes more Love , to watch someone go to Hell , because of their ignorance/deception & say nothing , even though you could prevent it , or , to see someone going to Hell & tell them the Truth ?

My motives? For what exactly? Posting here?

I've said this before a few times but my motives are to reach out to those who feel ostracised from Christianity due to their sexuality, and try and show one can be gay, have a relationship with a member of the same-sex and be welcome in Gods kingdom. They are not mutually exclusive things.

I believe God loves us as he created us, and all I see (especially within the area I live) is gay people pushed away from the church by people like the many here who claim to speak out of "love".

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Hey! Love your GEEETAR, Shreddie! :thumbsup:

(Hummin' a few bars of, "Ole Susannah...")

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My motives? For what exactly? Posting here?

I've said this before a few times but my motives are to reach out to those who feel ostracised from Christianity due to their sexuality, and try and show one can be gay, have a relationship with a member of the same-sex and be welcome in Gods kingdom. They are not mutually exclusive things.

I believe God loves us as he created us, and all I see (especially within the area I live) is gay people pushed away from the church by people like the many here who claim to speak out of "love".

You might feel pushed out of the churches you attend, but pastors have an obligation before God to keep the flock from pollution.

It's not so much the local churches that is the concern--it's The Church of Jesus Christ universally that you have opted out of with your disobedience. Renounce the willful sinning and come back to Jesus Christ and enjoy fellowship with the saints again!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.