Homosexuality isn't a sin, nor is gay marriage (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohioprof

Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
✟21,433.00
Faith
Unitarian
What kind of a just God would do that? That is what an UNJUST god would do--a bleeding heart, a liberal, a humanized god.

So, if an unrepentant axe murderer came and hacked up your child, you'd expect God to welcome Him into the kingdom, maybe have a house nextdoor to you?
I think that all are saved regardless of the terrible acts they commit or the good they may do or the faith they may hold.

Interestingly, Calvinists have made a similar argument that the elect are justified by God's grace regardless of what they do or believe on earth. In Calvinist theology, someone who commits a horrible murder may be among the elect, and what they do or what they believe has no impact on whether they are saved or not. But Calvinism differs from Universalism in that we Universalists believe all are saved, while Calvinists believe that God chooses those who are saved and those who are not.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think that all are saved regardless of the terrible acts they commit or the good they may do or the faith they may hold.

Interestingly, Calvinists have made a similar argument that the elect are justified by God's grace regardless of what they do or believe on earth. In Calvinist theology, someone who commits a horrible murder may be among the elect, and what they do or what they believe has no impact on whether they are saved or not. But Calvinism differs from Universalism in that we Universalists believe all are saved, while Calvinists believe that God chooses those who are saved and those who are not.

Only those who come to the cross of Jesus Christ in repentance, confessing their sin before Him, and putting their faith in Him can be saved. That is scriptural. Any other view is bogus and is a lie, and an insult to the one who was beaten, whipped, nailed and spat on, stabbed and mocked for each INDIVIDUAL human being, personally.

Upvote 0

Ohioprof

Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
✟21,433.00
Faith
Unitarian
Only those who come to the cross of Jesus Christ in repentance, confessing their sin before Him, and putting their faith in Him can be saved. That is scriptural. Any other view is bogus and is a lie, and an insult to the one who was beaten, whipped, nailed and spat on, stabbed and mocked for each INDIVIDUAL human being, personally.
Well, the Puritan elders disagreed with you, and had you insisted on preaching your doctrine in Puritan Massachusetts, you would probably have been kicked out of the colony.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, the Puritan elders disagreed with you, and had you insisted on preaching your doctrine in Puritan Massachusetts, you would probably have been kicked out of the colony.

Who cares? Bully for them! Why should I care about the Puritan sect? It's what Jesus came to give us--salvation. Anyone who refuses it is plum outta luck.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟87,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟87,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are a prof? You couldn't figure out that I was speaking about Jesus when He was physically here?

And...yes, He is right here with me talking to me, sweetly and lovingly about how much He loves me and is pleased with me.

I see... You're pray and tell! ;)

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟87,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, see my example.

I doubt a God who is eternally good would it filth for a mother to willingly risk her life to give birth to her child, or for a stranger to step in front of a car to save a child. Regardless of what they believe, I doubt God looks on that as "filth".

Not filth in the sense you are using it.

If she tried to use that act to win her way to Heaven? Without accepting Christ? It would be seen as being as good as filth. Worthless to earn her redemption.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheFathersDaughter

The Revolution has Started
Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Not filth in the sense you are using it.

If she tried to use that act to win her way to Heaven? Without accepting Christ? It would be seen as being as good as filth. Worthless to earn her redemption.

Most won't do that.

I can imagine that on Judgment Day most atheists will think they're dreaming until the truly dire awakening happens.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟87,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My post was not addressed to you.

Please remember that I AM a Christian, and I have as much right to post here as you do.

If I say I am a Christian, then I AM a Christian. You don't get to define who I am. I do that.

What is your definition of being a Christian?

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nick4Him said:
Ive also read many testimonies of people going to hell and seeing homosexuals there.

Are we supposed to actually buy this notion that someone saw people in hell that were "homosexuals"? Did they have an "I'm a gay" sticker on their forehead or something? Were they labeled a certain way, that you could just tell? :confused: :scratch:

Hell is described in the Bible as a place of utter isolation from what I recall, so how you would you see other people there? hmmm....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.