• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Homeschooling or stay at home moms with chronic health issues?

Fourtimesblessed

Feb 20, 2017
✟9,954.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, just thought I'd reach out to see if there are any other homeschooling or stay at home moms that are dealing with chronic health issues.

I have been having symptoms for almost two years now and it is so hard some days to keep up with everything.

I want to be a good example to my kids, trusting in God and having joy in the midst of trials, but I am tired.

Would love to find even one person who could relate!

Thanks for reading :)

Morgan

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Morgan,

I can relate to your situation. I know exactly how it feels to struggle keeping up with everything because of chronic health issues. I have chronic pain and chronic fatigue, as well as Fibromyalgia and a couple of other health related issues. I have been like this for several years now. I am also a stay at home, homeschooling mom of multiple aged children. I have three young adult children (23, 21, 19) and four younger children (16, 14, 11, 9). We have been homeschooling for almost 12 years. I have to make special efforts to stay active and keep my mind active because I want to live a good life and I want my children to have a good life too that is full of possibilities. Anyway, I am known by Red Fox here. It is nice to meet you, by the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a wife who works and can not have children, I can't relate, per se, but would definitely like to congratulate and encourage you; if more children were educated at home by a loving, Godly, encouraging mother who also stayed home with them, society would be far more healthy and joyful. God bless you and strengthen you! Your love for your children is itself a kind of heroism.

Upvote 0

Fourtimesblessed

Feb 20, 2017
✟9,954.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your responses :). I appreciate the encouragement :)

Red Fox, Thanks for sharing about your family and health struggles. Wow, seven children! You are very blessed! I have four, ages 10, 8, 6, and 2. My oldest is in fourth grade and we have been homeschooling from the beginning :). I love it and wouldn't change it for anything :)

I knew that I couldn't be alone in this. I started feeling sick almost two years ago. I assumed that it was hormonal and would eventually regulate, but here I am, all this time later. The only things that have been found in testing have been two ovarian cysts and a uterine polyp. I am nauseated much of the time and also am much more tired than I used to be. I also have cramping and back pain that are probably being caused by the cysts or polyp. It is hard to have so much to do every day when you wish you could just sleep or rest!

How do you keep yourself active? I don't even like to go for walks anymore as I just feel so tired from everything else that I don't feel I have the energy. I do have a Pilates machine that I try to use for a bit each day :)

I would assume that with chronic fatigue, you can most definitely relate! Praying for strength and healing for us both!

• Friendly
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Fourtimesblessed, I exercise and relax by doing a combination of Yoga and Tai Chi. I use to take walks more often than I do now, but extensive walking tends to make me even more tired, so I limit that exercise now.

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mom homeschooled us even though her health issue for a bit set her back but she never failed us. God bless you and I'm praying for you and your family.

Upvote 0