• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Curtis.Hilliker, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Curtis.Hilliker

Curtis.Hilliker Moderated Since 2019

+261
    United States
    Charismatic
    Engaged
    US-Others
    Hi everyone,

So I have had a lot of experiences with God in my walk of faith but I’m not sure if I have ever received the Holy Spirit. Would you mind praying that I receive the Holy Spirit if I haven’t? Thank you for your prayers.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,501
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Have you been doing better then you were a few months ago ?

I prayed for you.

3. Curtis.Hilliker

+261
    United States
    Charismatic
    Engaged
    US-Others
    Honestly not really : / Thank you for your prayers though.

4. Stranger36147

Stranger36147 Active Member

+327
    Other Religion
    If I'm not mistaken, one receives the Holy Spirit when they become a believer in Christ. Nonetheless, I will pray for you.

5. Curtis.Hilliker

+261
    United States
    Charismatic
    Engaged
    US-Others
    Thanks

6. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+15,742
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    The promise of the Holy Spirit is yours in Christ, you don't have to earn Him. We read in Scripture,

"Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself." - Acts 2:38-39

and also

"In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory." - Ephesians 1:11-14

All who belong to Christ have the Holy Spirit, this is God's promise to us in Christ.

"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, 'Abba! Father!' The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him." - Romans 8:15-17

Put your trust in Christ, remember your baptism, believe the good news. You belong to God, for you belong to Jesus Christ. And all who belong to Jesus Christ are God's children.

My prayer is that you will grow in faith, hear the Gospel, and be nourished and sustained by the precious gifts and word of God which are for you in Christ. Do not look leftward or rightward, but straight ahead, to the cross, to Jesus Christ the Author and Finisher of your faith. Run the race, fight the good fight, hope in He who graciously saves you, redeems you, and has chosen you in Christ since before the foundation of the world.

-CryptoLutheran

7. Mydreams

Mydreams Well-Known Member

+3,478
    India
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lord bless Curtis.Hilliker and this prayer, help to know, the presence of Holy Spirit in life. Lord please bless, in Jefus glorious name, Amen!

8. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+160
    Christian
    Single
    I urge you to take care. There is a counterfeit baptism of the Holy Spirit that has gained ground and it will lead you into all sorts of error. A book was written at the time this counterfeit was becoming popular called War on the Saints by Jessie Penn-Lewis which l recommend.

9. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,418
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Not only in this matter of receiving the Holy Spirit, but in all matters of faith and practice may people immerse themselves in the daily in-take of Your Word through Bible readying, Bible study, and prayer. May they come to know the truth regarding such things as the Holy Spirit, through the knowledge of what You have shared with us in Your written Word. Amen.