Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Well you were taking about 'self control' being one of the fruits of the Spirit and also 'uncontrolled hysteria'.

Now couldnt the believers at pentecost have exercised some self control?

I dont think a person can control the Holy SPirit, actually the Holy SPirit controls you:

Romans 8: 9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.

When the holy SPirit comes upon you then you are not able to just turn Him on or off like a TV set. As Jeremiah said, when the Holy SPirit came upon him and he didnt speak out, the word burned inside him like a fire and he had to speak out.

:wave:

The Holy Spirit will not move in contradiction to the bible

Upvote 0

lovesblessing

The Lord's Beloved......
Aug 22, 2004
In God's Amazing Grace!
✟10,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:D Having experinced laughing in the Spirit on more than one occasion......even all by myself, when God decided to tickle my insides with bubbles of joy, I can honestly say that it is real.:D

What I think is rather amusing is that so many people are freaked out by laughing in church, but believe that someone who can't stop crying in church is perfectly fine?:doh: Does anyone else think this is rather strange?

And for what it's worth, when God gets close to me, I cry.......alot......clogs up the sinus's.......laughing is alot easier on the sinsus':D ;) But there you have it.....that is the way my fleshman acts when God comes close to me.

Oh, and I was listening to Bishop Joseph Garlington preaching one night and he was talking about how people had problems with the laughing in church outpouring, and he said he was personally waiting for the next great "Spit" outpouring! :D And we all know that is a bibical thing.....Jesus you know used spit on more than one occasion.......^_^ :D ;)

lovesblessing;)

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If we are feeling sick in our spirits about something, we need to be battling the harrassing spirits, not the people! Not the techniques.

Protect your church. Start pacing the aisles in prayer when you feel evil take over. Care for the Body of Christ like a shepherd would wake up in the middle of the night. The conflict in our spirits is there to warn us, not to make us keener critics.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lord make me uncomfortable. Make me unacceptable in this age! Make me lie down next to a representation of Your holy city. Make me cook bread with the dung of animals. LORD!!!!!!!!! Honor me as You have honored your prophets!!!!!

I cry out!!!! I am your's!!!!!!!

If you believe cooking bread from animal dung is being used by God - I'd suggest two things;

1) Double check your scriptures in the NT

2) C'mon over to my neighbor's house - he has a great dane.

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I know what it is to manifest the Spirit myself, infact we have Steven Long TACF preaching in our church tommorrw night. Have I barked or braed as such- the answer is no- holy laughter yes. I have shaken and moved with the Spirit.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we are feeling sick in our spirits about something, we need to be battling the harrassing spirits, not the people! Not the techniques.

Protect your church. Start pacing the aisles in prayer when you feel evil take over. Care for the Body of Christ like a shepherd would wake up in the middle of the night. The conflict in our spirits is there to warn us, not to make us keener critics.

Of course we need to battle people and techniques if they are not of God – they are the tools (devices) of Satan - but more importantly, you are correct, we should be battling against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

~Jim

The need of the hour is not good preaching but good listening.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Having experinced laughing in the Spirit on more than one occasion......even all by myself, when God decided to tickle my insides with bubbles of joy, I can honestly say that it is real.

What I think is rather amusing is that so many people are freaked out by laughing in church, but believe that someone who can't stop crying in church is perfectly fine? Does anyone else think this is rather strange?

And for what it's worth, when God gets close to me, I cry.......alot......clogs up the sinus's.......laughing is alot easier on the sinsus' But there you have it.....that is the way my fleshman acts when God comes close to me.

Oh, and I was listening to Bishop Joseph Garlington preaching one night and he was talking about how people had problems with the laughing in church outpouring, and he said he was personally waiting for the next great "Spit" outpouring! And we all know that is a bibical thing.....Jesus you know used spit on more than one occasion.......

lovesblessing

Be careful about misusing isolated, misinterpreted or out-of-context scriptures that resembles something that happens in church. Misusing scriptural words and phrases to justify error or fleshly behavior is failing to rightly divide the word of truth. Because Jesus spat on someone’s eyes during a healing encounter does not justify spitting on people in a church service and the word “joy” does not justify uncontrolled hysteria.

~Jim

The need of the hour is not good preaching but good listening.

Upvote 0
M

MollyBrown

If you believe cooking bread from animal dung is being used by God - I'd suggest two things;

I too thought this was disgusting. And you are right, that he is incorrect. It should have said 'Human dung'.

Ezekiel 4:12 12And you shall eat your food as barley cakes and you shall bake it with human dung as fuel in the sight of the people.

LOL! Ezekiel is a great role model TreeofLife. But you might want to wear a face mask for that bread baking!

Upvote 0

JEBrady

Mar 24, 2006
NY
✟17,370.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

You must be funnin', because that's not what he said. He said cook bread with the dung of animals, not cook bread from the dung of animals. I'll spare you the grammar Nazi analysis. Either way, the reference in Ezekiel would pretty much clarify it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JEBrady

Mar 24, 2006
NY
✟17,370.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I too thought this was disgusting. And you are right, that he is incorrect. It should have said 'Human dung'.

Ezekiel 4:12 12And you shall eat your food as barley cakes and you shall bake it with human dung as fuel in the sight of the people.

LOL! Ezekiel is a great role model TreeofLife. But you might want to wear a face mask for that bread baking!

Ah, but read further:

14 Then I said, "Not so, Sovereign LORD! I have never defiled myself. From my youth until now I have never eaten anything found dead or torn by wild animals. No unclean meat has ever entered my mouth."
15 "Very well," he said, "I will let you bake your bread over cow manure instead of human excrement."

Upvote 0
M

MollyBrown

Ah, but read further:

14 Then I said, "Not so, Sovereign LORD! I have never defiled myself. From my youth until now I have never eaten anything found dead or torn by wild animals. No unclean meat has ever entered my mouth."
15 "Very well," he said, "I will let you bake your bread over cow manure instead of human excrement."

:D LOL!! Oh, my mistake. Sorry!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simpleone

Veteran
Jan 30, 2007
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello...

God is doing some great things these days...some are from Him and some may not be (and not necessarily from the devil if not)....either way....we have to be careful I think..

When you go to church these days with all which is happening...I try to go training my thoughts that I go to fellowship with fellow christians and to worship God and hear what he is saying through the preacher...

If during the course of all this anything else happens..it happens...but my focus would be to simply seek God first. I say this since sometimes I am concerned if we are seeking "experiences" or "manifestations" more than God (myself included)... God wants us to worship him in spirit and in truth. Let him be on your hearts and minds all the time...church or subway train...anywhere...remember his works and his mercy...
Let not a physical manifestation take place of God and simply have faith in who he is.

:) just my 2 cents....i say the above in love :) correct me if i said something wrng...tx

Upvote 0

Dynaric

Dec 20, 2006
✟15,601.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
It has been this type of spirited discussion that has caused me to come back pretty much daily and I enjoy being able to share our beliefs our studies and our feelings with each other in love:idea: . There has been responses from NO can't happen the Holy Spirit would never do that! to I have experienced it and it was of God. I suppose the thing that interests me the most is how solemn the people who claim to know the Holy Spirit are, and how many of us are afraid to be happy in front of God. I think we have slipped into a thought process of happy and fun must be evil some how some way. Much like some believe dancing is evil or going to a party is evil. If I have read correctly through this thread the highest percentage of folks would agree that the animal noises are questionable at best? From there it has been about a 50 50 split between the laughter and shaking. I have continued to think and pray about this the last few days and the thing that keeps coming to my mind is if my children came to me telling me they loved me by mooing at me and oinking like farm animals it wouldn't take long for it to become insulting (and the fact is I raise livestock and care a great deal for the real thing). However if my kids come to me happy and laughing or crying for that matter it is different. Crying and Laughing are emotions that God gave us, I don't think mooing like a cow is an emotion? God made us emotional beings, and Christ had emotions including crying, laughing and even anger. So I think I am going to stick with the thought process that God does want us to have a relationship with Him in our praise and worship, and I think a relationship has to be either emotional, spiritual, physical or a combination of the three. I don't see the animal noises fitting in any of these three areas, but speaking in an known or unknown language would fit in the emotional and spiritual, shaking would fit in the physical and spiritual (in my opinion). So there is my newest thoughts on this...

One more quick thought, something that I find very funny is the fact that the original question asked about oinking and mooing and now we are talking about the dung to bake the bread, has the conversation come full circle or what!!!^_^

Dynaric

Upvote 0

TreeOfLife

A son of God!
Aug 12, 2005
Alabama, USA
✟9,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I must confess, this is one of the most horrifying posts I've ever read. It's so terrible, I don't thik I can respond without getting my own self in trouble.

I've been in this community a while, I hope that matters.

Upvote 0

Brucea

Jan 1, 2007
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a lack of glorifying Jesus throughout this thread. If this were in general theology I could understand. This from a group of folks saying they are lead by the Spirit of God. Should we not seek to edify one another. To debate without being base in our behavior would be much more life giving. When our non-pentecostal brothers read this thread it is justifying them to turn away from the truth.
I'm no one to correct so many whom I do not know, and you all don't know me. I'm sorry if I offend, this all is breaking my heart. Oh that love could rule all of our hearts.

Back to the heart of the original debate. Find it in the Word, and in context with what a new testament church services should look like! Not about Micah and owls. In context that has nothing to do with what a church service should look like!

Ephesians 5:14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,
19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,
20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
21 submitting to one another in the fear of God.

Colossians 3:14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

1 Corinthians 14:26 How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret.
28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge.
30 But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent.
31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.
32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

There is a lot going that is not edifying to the body. God, let us get back to encouraging one another in the Word of Truth!

Upvote 0
M

MollyBrown

I must confess, this is one of the most horrifying posts I've ever read. It's so terrible, I don't thik I can respond without getting my own self in trouble.

I've been in this community a while, I hope that matters.

Oh dear. I apologize. I was trying to be a little sarcastic, not insulting. I realized your scripture quoting was being called into question and I knew what you said was true. Please accept my apologies for not being loving.

Reactions: Stpatterk
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.