Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, just wondering if there are any other gamer couples out there?
I am so incredibly thankful and blessed to have a wife that shares a lot of the same interests I share. God saw fit to bless me with a wife that was just as much a gamer as I am. Not only that, but one that enjoys just sitting and watching some good sci-fi shows or movies.

If there are no gamer couples here…how about hobbies in general? Anyone here share the same hobbies as their spouse and do those hobbies often together? What are they? J

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have alot of hobbies that I immerse myself in from time to time, but my wife isn't interested in any of them - which is fine. I need a little me time sometimes. I kayak a little bit, it's nice to be on the water alone, watching the sun come up. I don't think anyone's company would make it any better. Ditto fishing. It's not about catching fish, it's about retreating to some forgotton stream off an abandoned road and just thinking. I really like motorcycling, but it too is something that I like to do by myself, it's nice to get out and think about everything and think about nothing. Sadly, finances keep me from motorcycle ownership at this time. It's a bit heartbreaking. I like music, and once in a while my wife will come to a show or something with me, but we don't do that often since having kids. About all we really do together is just, I dunno, live. And that's alright by both of us. We love to take the kids to parks and zoos and such, but I don't know that that's a hobby, it's just parenting. We do eat out quite a bit.

Upvote 0

SabrinaFair

Happily married to MetalDave!!!
Aug 9, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hubby and I have been blessed to be able to share a lot of interests, and to have made the effort to learn to really enjoy each other's interests too. It has been really fun and bonding to spend time together doing things we can enjoy together. :hug:

We like to go to events together, camp together, shoot together, enjoy ethnic experiences together, and work on projects together. :cool:

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:D We share a lot of hobbies too. My husband is much more of a gamer than I am - I'm more of a casual gamer. But we play games together, and we go to internet cafes on dates to play against each other:blush:. We both like Sci Fi movies too! Which is good because my girlfriends only ever watch chick flicks:sigh:. Basically, we're both nerds - it's fantastic!

We are also both musical. We play in the band together at church, and we play guitar together and recently we've started to learn some songs we can play together - him on guitar and me on piano.

We also have similar taste in books and my husband reads aloud to me in the evenings. Since we were married we have been slowly making our way through many books by Terry Pratchett.:thumbsup:

I really like sharing interests with my husband - it's good to be able to spend time together doing things we both enjoy. It's good to laugh at the same things, care about the same things, work together towards the same goals... and my husband likes never having to watch chick flicks with me^_^.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
We have a lot of interests in common, but we do have some hobbies that the other one isn't too interested in.

We both love: reading reading reading reading reading (literary fiction, poetry - we have the same taste in poetry, in fact we talked about this on the day we met - , theology, history, art), a love for languages (linguistics), walking/hiking, going to the opera (before I met my husband I had to take a friend, and none of my friends really enjoyed it), having long rational/logical discussions about anything, wine tasting, going to the pub for special beer tasting, cuddling kitties, going to museums or to the world's largest and most beautiful museum: Italy.

Then there's our personal hobbies:
His: chess (both at home analyzing his matches and at his chess club playing them - and online, too - and he reads chess books every day), watching football (what Americans call soccer).
Mine: cooking, baking, reading cookbooks (I read them like fiction! I don't use them in the kitchen), reading wine books/wine guides, and being on CF.

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2005
✟19,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our common interests in playing sports and being car people is one of the things that drew us to each other. There is little that he likes to do that I don't. There is more that I like to do that he doesn't. I like to sew, bake, scrapbook and garden. He'd rather not.

Upvote 0
B

Beth1231

Hubby is more of a gamer than I am, but I enjoy sitting down to Settlers of Catan with a few good friends just as much as him:) I made a deliberate decision to learn more about the world of strategy when I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him (a few years back).
We both enjoy anime to some degree, hiking, reading good books and conversation with friends. We purposefully make decisions to draw closer when we choose new hobbies and interests.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hubby and I have lots of interests/hobbies we share: window shopping, same tv shows/movies, church outings, etc.
There are other things which we have each to his own: He likes golf and car stuff, I like reading and do lots with our homeschool group.

It's best if a couple can cultivate some things to enjoy together, but also be able to encourage each other to do things on their own or with their own friends.

Rachel

Upvote 0

FriarErasmus

Feb 5, 2007
Visit site
✟8,131.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I are both computer geeks, love finding "deals" (slickdeals.net, for one :-D), and best of all, I work in the sound ministry (have for 15 years) and she works in the media ministry (Power Point, video presentations, etc.) so we work hand in hand in our positions of minstry as well :) I was so glad to know that we would spiritually share this bond. It was one of the many pieces that made me want to move halfway across the country to marry her :-D

Upvote 0

krispar

Jan 2, 2007
South Dakota
✟7,958.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We're gamers... He is more than I, mainly because I have a problem watching the bloody ones, it literally makes me sick to the stomach sometimes...not to say I'm against it necisarily, but I just can't handle it.
We are actually making a pc game together with a few people from around the country that we don't even know. I'm the music/sound person. It's fuN!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tuffguy

Speed Racer
Jun 2, 2004
Farmington, CT
Visit site
✟4,610.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well,,i'm not a total nerd like the OP.. ;)

But,,,my wife does get into the stuff that i like. I'm into fitness, motorcycles, and i have pretty good taste, so i don't think its too big of a stretch/effort for her to have fun and enjoy the things i do.

She is pretty much perfect. She has no problem w/me enjoying them by myself when i need to get away, and being with me, when i want her to be involved. She can read me very well.

Upvote 0