Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I slept in, so I haven't done much but I'll be going to my writer's group tonight, which is usually a good time.
Oh-h-h . . . a writer's group. What do you write?

One of my own favorites is >

beauty of the lilies
and the daisies
wedding-light

kissing mist
upon the waters
of the harbor

filtered sunshine
sharing caring
warmly daring

glances of the
dancing waves
washing in the foam
t - i - c - k - l - i - n - g
bubbles
in my troubles

"in the presence of
my enemies"
I have this table
before me

This came while I was in kind of a meditational vision, years ago, and it stays alive for me.

How might you get things you write?

Upvote 0

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I write science fiction, mostly, though I'll write any story that comes to mind. I do have novels and short stories I'm working on, but what I really want to do is screenplays. For that to be a viable career, I'll have to move to Los Angeles.

As for where I get my ideas, the short answer is: everywhere. I watch the world around me, and pick up on ideas. I'll overhear conversations, listen to music, watch people go about their lives, sit back and daydream, and ask, "What if...?"

What if that guy over there was a secret agent? What if the world really was created by aliens? What if I was an alien and didn't know it?

Most of all, I read. I study stories and poetry to see how it's done, and I study the advice and methods of other writers. If you don't read fiction, you can't write it well. Most of my ideas get discarded to the ether, but I sometimes come across ideas that seem to have some weight to them. So, I sit down and write.

There once was a boy. Okay, what if? There once was a boy who was very sick. What if? There once was a boy who was very sick, until he wasn't. Overnight, he was made whole, in the midst of a dream.

From there, it's a matter of asking "what if" and "what next." You just get the words on the page, then go back and groom them into a story. It's that simple, and that hard.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is the biggest challenge, for us humans in general? You could write about someone dealing with this, maybe.

And what is your biggest, maybe your most valued, challenge?

Maybe write about what is the really worthwhile challenge, and how someone has to get wise to the decoy challenges :)

Upvote 0

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is the biggest challenge, for us humans in general? You could write about someone dealing with this, maybe.

And what is your biggest, maybe your most valued, challenge?

Maybe write about what is the really worthwhile challenge, and how someone has to get wise to the decoy challenges :)
I think the biggest challenge people face is learning how to love. Most people spend their lives trying to find love in some way, and almost everything we do is a reaction to that desire. In that, I'm no different. I've spent most of my life trying to figure out what love is.

Rather, not what, but Who.

For my part, I know God is love. Not just because the Bible says so. Even for a Christian it's not enough to believe or do something because the Bible says it. That's an empty reason. I believe God is love because I've seen Him in my life, working to help me understand Him--and the concept of love.

• Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0