Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you didn't read this...
Revelation 10:11
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
That word was to John alone who did that after he left Patmos.

By the way, Jesus said those horrible times would never again be repeated on the earth. Wasn’t my idea.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Correct, my apologies
I looked again and am not sure what you think the post is that I didn’t address. You didn’t write a scripture but you backed it up. When John was told he would prophesy still before kings, etc., this was for him personally. This means he was not writing late in the first century. It is internal evidence for the date of the writing of Revelation. It was written to him about his time after the events of judgement would be over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
That word was to John alone who did that after he left Patmos.

By the way, Jesus said those horrible times would never again be repeated on the earth. Wasn’t my idea.
Ecclesiastes 1:9 That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done,...

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Uh, this shows John was relatively young when he wrote it, not old.
He was the last of the disciples to die. According to historians the Book of Revelation was written sometime between 68 and 96 AD; so if John of Patmos was the same person as John the Apostle then he would have been well over 60 .

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He was the last of the disciples to die. According to historians the Book of Revelation was written sometime between 68 and 96 AD; so if John of Patmos was the same person as John the Apostle then he would have been well over 60 .
Revelation was likely written 60-65 AD. The 90 AD, has no solid evidence for it. John was likely around 60 when he wrote it. Since he lived 30 more years, he still had many years of ministry ahead.

Upvote 0