Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So how could one think himself higher than God? He knows its impossible. Something doesn't add up. :confused:

There is a difference between thinking someone is higher than God, and just wanting to be higher than God.

If I had to take a wild stab at why lucifer fell, I would say he didn't think he had more power or was higher than God, just that he thought he could do things better if he was in charge and wanted to do things differently than how God was doing them.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only thing that scares me about satan is that people use him as an excuse or scapegoat. I've heard so many people be like, satan is ruining my life or satan is causing me to do whatever. People need to take ownership of their lives, not look for excuses or reasons for how they think or act.
bingo! To me it's a lack of personal responsibility to say these things and it's a lack of internal locus of control to say he influences your life in a negative way.
frankly, I don't care to hear about him at all, I want to hear about Jesus.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So how could one think himself higher than God? He knows its impossible. Something doesn't add up. :confused:

It's all ego. There are self-absorbed people that think they're the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]' bees knees and people kind of roll their eyes and ignore them.

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟20,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
SELF is where satan wants our focus to remain and his number weapon is pride.

We are so easily side tracked as Christians. The one thing satan does not want us to do is spread the gospel. If he can get Christians arguing over theology or focusing on one's own battle with sin or even extreme cases of Bible study where there isn't enough time to witness... Hey, satan knows that a Christian is lost to him, but it is the Lost around this Christian he can still collect if he could just get a Christian to not act like a Christian....lose one to gain a crowd in most cases...satan will take that all day long.

Upvote 0

Cyax

& amp; amp; quot ;You ' re
May 5, 2011
✟15,297.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sure hes pompus, and a fool. But not a total moron, I don't get how he could want such a thing when he knows (for a fact) that its impossible.

I can relate a lot to him, but one thing I've never wanted was to best God. Its just a silly idea all around.

Shows us that angels have free will however, need to remember that not just Lucifer fell, many angels followed him.

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I know people that act/live as if they are higher than God. In 2 Thessalonians 2.7, Paul calls it the "Mystery of Iniquity" ...

"For the mystery of iniquity does already work..."

It's also called the Mystery of Lawlessness ... the mystery that mere people think they can set aside the law of God. Care to guess where this mystery originated?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.