True happiness is serving The Lord!
Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: HI EVERYONE!
Do you concider yourself a highly sensitive individual?
Are you curious about those who are highly sensitive or you know someone who is? Well then welcome!
Please tell your story!
If it would help, here is a link with a quiz on a Highly Sensitive person I think that you will find it enjoyable!!
http://www.hsperson.com/pages/test.htm
In case you are wondering, here is what I scored: 26 out of 27...:blush:
Remember God created us ALL in a unique way for HIS purpose:amen:
God Bless you all:groupray:
Keep the Faith and always look up to The Lord!!

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Lycana said:
I think I am a highly sensitive individual. May I ask what type of work you do and do you feel comfortable doing it?

Welcome aboard Lycana!!:wave:
I do admin work and I like it pretty well because, I enjoy a routine job but mostly I enjoying helping my fellow co-workers, to make their job easier. The only thing that can be frustrating is that I am Dyslexic and sometimes I over look the "detailed" stuff I don't mean to but I do.and my spelling is awful. :blush: By the way I added you to my buddy list:) . Take care and may God Bless you!!:amen: Again, Welcome!!!

Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
brinny said:
Hi. I used to be highly sensitive. I was also painfully shy. I'm noy shy at all anymore, and I consider my self a recovering highly sensitive person :D

Nice meeting you one 4 Christ and Lycana :wave: :D

Greetings brinny!

Quick question (if it is not too personal) how did you recover from highly sensitivity?
Take care God Bless:wave:

Reactions: SeekAnd
Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Lycana said:
Yes, Brinny, that was my question also! At my job I'm uncomfortable most of the time and would love to correct this problem.

Hello Lycana!
Like I said my job is not too bad. Before I was having some issues with my boss and still do. Here is my story.
My anxiety got so bad at my job were even had days that I got "down in the dumps" due to my boss. Last year I started to go to a Christian Councoler and began therapy once a week. It was pretty well, I slowly got better until sometime in fall 2004 I began to have major sleeping problem due to anxiety. It was then that I had to go on medication. It has helped alot!!! Now I am only seeing my Christian Councelor once a month!!!:thumbsup:
The moral of my story is try to go seek help about this.
Also Lycana what helps me is to journal my thoughts on the matter. And always remember to look up to the Lord, He will guide you in the right direction!:amen:
I have been praying for you. :prayer: I know what it is like to be outcasted at a job, I worked at a job years ago where as I was outcasted for looking "to sweet" and I did NOT like the bar scene.
I hope that I have helped, Peace and may God Bless you.
One last thing, try to look at your Highly Sensitive trait as a gift, remember Jesus gave it to you for His purpose..which is ALWAYS a good purpose!!!;) One more thing always remember not to change to conform to this FALLING world!

Upvote 0

littlebear

Apr 17, 2005
Missouri
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
one 4 Christ said:
Hello Lycana!
Like I said my job is not too bad. Before I was having some issues with my boss and still do. Here is my story.
My anxiety got so bad at my job were even had days that I got "down in the dumps" due to my boss. Last year I started to go to a Christian Councoler and began therapy once a week. It was pretty well, I slowly got better until sometime in fall 2004 I began to have major sleeping problem due to anxiety. It was then that I had to go on medication. It has helped alot!!! Now I am only seeing my Christian Councelor once a month!!!:thumbsup:
The moral of my story is try to go seek help about this.
Also Lycana what helps me is to journal my thoughts on the matter. And always remember to look up to the Lord, He will guide you in the right direction!:amen:
I have been praying for you. :prayer: I know what it is like to be outcasted at a job, I worked at a job years ago where as I was outcasted for looking "to sweet" and I did NOT like the bar scene.
I hope that I have helped, Peace and may God Bless you.
One last thing, try to look at your Highly Sensitive trait as a gift, remember Jesus gave it to you for His purpose..which is ALWAYS a good purpose!!!;) One more thing always remember not to change to conform to this FALLING world!
I too had to have counseling...there is nothing wrong in asking for help when you need it. I have never felt like an outcast, but do have my ups and downs. When that happens ..I am Praying to My God for the strength to over come the "mood" I am in. It really works for me. Ok..I need some help here. I want the scripture that says something like "Ask and you will receive.", Seems like it starts with Knock...would appreciate if you know to tell me...anyway..I think that could apply to your dad. :)

Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Lycana said:
Thank you for your words! Maybe my church knows a good Christian councellor! And, oh by the way, I scored a 15 on the test.

Your most very welcome.;) Another side note that I forgot to tell you, if you can NOT afford the Christian Councoler, I could NOT afford mine, then ask if he or she has a "sliding scale". Mine does thank goodness!!:)
Good luck to ya, Lycana, and I will continue with my prayers for you! God Bless:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
one 4 Christ said:
Greetings brinny!

Quick question (if it is not too personal) how did you recover from highly sensitivity?
Take care God Bless:wave:

God sorta yanked the rug out from under me and it was either sink or swim. I was in shock momentarily but boy did I swim..... :D

I'll post more later :hug:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Lycana said:
Yes, Brinny, that was my question also! At my job I'm uncomfortable most of the time and would love to correct this problem.

It's kind of a long story, but I'll post more of it later.....

:hug:

Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
brinny said:
It's kind of a long story, but I'll post more of it later.....

:hug:

Let me tell you about my roommate and how she changed. She is not a tough one but she could care less what society thinks of her. That was not always the case until one tragic day when her late mother was diagnosed with cancer at a very tender young age that my roommate was(old enough to understand that her mother was going to die). She did die right around her puberty.:( Ever since then she only cares about her close friends and her dad and now Jesus ever since she converted. This is how she got tougher!
Just thought that I would share that!:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

one 4 Christ

Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
elenas_flickaby said:
i think i'm pretty sensitive, other peoples moods affect me alot

Oh, me too. I guess you could say I have a problem doing a "mirror effect". Here is an example:
When the boss is VERY friendly to me, I react just the same. Now if the boss is VERY rude, I am short back.

Now people that I am close to such as my roommate if she is rude I just ask her what is wrong instead of being rude back.

Anyway, Welcome elenas_flickaby!:wave:

Upvote 0

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can be very sensitive too.
Someone online hurt me a few weeks ago.
Then I remembered it was their problem NOT mine.

I try to remember on the internet...
... that these people really do not know me unless they take the time to know me.
... that people seem to say more online than they would in person.
... that it is not worth the aggravation to put much stock in mean people.

I almost let that person take away from my ministry here.
That would have been wrong.
I need to keep my focus on God NOT man.

PS
A thread I started to let one 4 Christ know how much we love her: one 4 Christ
It is in the mature singles forum but anyone is welcome to post in it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.