• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

High pain tolerance, means I don't understand the emotion behind my words: please help!

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Gottservant, May 18, 2019 at 2:56 AM.

1. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+210
    Messianic
    Hi there,

So basically my Shorinji Kempo (?) Dojo Master tested me, specifically my pressure points and found that I did not respond to my pressure points or the paid inflicted on them.

Subsequent to learning this, I have recently (today) put together that this is effecting my ability to respond to the emotional content of my words: mine and those of others.

I really need prayer, as I have no clue what to ask on my own behalf - I just know it is hurting others, and I wish it didn't have to be this way?

Thanks for your thoughts anyway: sometimes a thought to God, is all.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith I'm Currently An Eastern Orthodox Catechumen Supporter

+1,146
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Be careful. There's some weird spiritual stuff that goes along with traditional martial arts sometimes.

I also like martial arts / Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but I recognize that it comes with a lot of spiritual baggage like "Hand seals/ Mudras" – the occult, new age, masonic, and vatican higharchy; all secret societies use gestures to open doors to spirit world.

The Secrets Behind Martial Arts !

3. Gottservant

+210
    Messianic
    So its a blessing I can't tell the difference?

I tend to go with a point I know relates back to God, maybe that is the blessing in disguise...?

4. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith I'm Currently An Eastern Orthodox Catechumen Supporter

+1,146
    United States
    Christian
    Private

Well, it makes you Tough / Stoic . That can be a good thing.

As long as you still have the ability and desire to be kind and loving you should be ok.

5. Gottservant

+210
    Messianic
    I wonder if you could put that scripturally?

Like is it John 3:16 that points to what matters to God??

6. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

+1,146
    United States
    Christian
    Private

But the fruit of the Spirit is Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, Kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
    Galatians 5:22-23

7. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,423
    Christian
    Private
    How does physical pain relate to emotional pain?

8. Mydreams

Mydreams Well-Known Member

+2,146
    India
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Father God, bless Gottservant and this prayer request, Lord please bless, and you be glorified, in Jesus loving name, AMen!

9. Gottservant

+210
    Messianic
    Thanks guys.

re: W2L - "how does physical relate to emotional?" (paraphrase)

I think the connection is that physical and emotional relate to each other when there is a level of pain or emotion that needs to change. Like if I start talking to you, I want God to make you happy - so I try to avoid things that will put distance between you and God (like saying "God wants to judge your sin"). But then the connection can go the other way and God might need to judge your sin, and I can't tell the difference, because being unable to feel pain, I am also numb to emotion?

There is a connection, you are right about that, just the way I am: I can't see how to do it strategically, like other people do??