• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey Lissette,
good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your brother taking a downturn but I'm glad he's out of the hospital for now. It sounds like it was an incredibly stressful time for you. It's kind of amazing that you have a good boss Lissette.
Most of the bosses I had in the industry were absolute you-know-whats. I only had one boss that I really respected and strangely enough, he got out of the business later and got Jesus pretty hard core. Was able to quit drinking, lost a hundred pounds, got his wife back, the whole bit. Miraculous turn-around.

I actually missed the Easter morning Mass this year because we were so tired from the Vigil Mass! It went until 12:45 in the morning!!!!!! We live an hour away from the church so it was almost 2 a.m. when we got home. Then we would have had to get up at 6:30 to make morning mass so we nixed it.
I totally regret it though. It didn't feel the same not going! I'm glad you made it and were so uplifted by it! Do your brothers go with you?

Your younger brother, is he old enough to get an after school job? Is that a possibility or does he have too much schoolwork or maybe logistics make it impossible that right now? I hope he understands that you are doing more work than most people to keep your family together. You know there are some programs out there that give subsidies for kids who can't afford to do sports. I know in Canada, Canadian tire does but I don't know about the States. Anyone know about any programs for Lissette's brother?

How did the caregive support group go? Hopefully someone in it can still talk to you even though you aren't available to go on the days they have it. Kind of bloody ironic isn't it?

Sorry you're feeling so alone Li. You never know though, maybe your friends are waiting for you to call them so nobody will ever call anyone!
Take the initiative- you need some companionship. :)
Take care Lissette.

Upvote 0

OnceUponATime1

New Here
Feb 27, 2010
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Paula,

It's good to have my brother home because I always am in such a fright when he goes to the hospital. He is much better now and with the summer coming I think he should be feeling better. It took a lot of prayer and will but we made it through and he is doing well. I prayed and lit a candle until he came back and I was always catching myself saying prayers in my head at work. Honestly though I was getting to the point of starting to fall apart under so much pressure. I never had to do any of this growing up, nothing prepared me for how life really is. I lived in a different world entirely than the one I am in now. I can't be still for to long because if I do I won't be able to stop crying because of how bad things are. I cry a lot when I am alone, only when I am alone. When I started having to fend for myself and my brothers I didn't know how to pump gas, cook, or even the simpliest cleaning probably seems pathetic. It's just been hard being sheltered and always told there were people for doing that and then just having that shield taken away.

I meant my boss at my day job. My boss at the club is alright though I don't have problems with him. He tries to get me to work more but I just can't and he stopped asking after awhile. He usually keeps the other girls from ripping me apart to lol. They all hate me because I don't act like them. Probably nothing more pathetic than seeing a girl that use to have it all taking her clothes off. The other girls I think can sense that by how I act and speak and they are hard on me to say the least. They can say some really, really mean things but I just never really answer back.

Oh ya that would have been way to much I think Paula for easter. At least you made it to the vigil that is good. My older brother goes with me when he is feeling up to it and my younger brother comes only when I make him. I think he blames a lot for what has happened to us. I went through that stage to but I am long over it. I feel worst for him because he was so young when all the bad things started to happen. He will have so many bad memories when he looks back.

No my younger brother is only 12 so he is way to young to work. He needs to just focus on school and sports and hopefully he can get into college that way. He knows I sacrifice a lot for all of us but he only has to look back and see what we use to have and don't now and get upset. We all love each other though so we can talk and I know he just misses the old times. He loved our father and mother and it's hardest on him not to have them around. I always have felt weird about taking charity almost guilty in a sense. I am not quite sure why I just have. Worth looking into though for my brother I know it will only look better for him to play at camps.

The group was okay. Had to do a little more talking than I was comfortable with on a first time but it was okay. Ya really ironic that it's on a day I work. Oh well, nothing I can really do about that you know?

I ended up calling a few of my friends and they're all busy trying to match me with this new guy on the scene. IDK I think he only wants me because I have royal blood on my mothers side. Basically I am a girl that would look good on an application if you know what I mean? My fathers name is ruined so he told me I would have to go by my mothers name. He just seems like a person that came from a lower class and is using me because I have the power of name and not money. He is really rich but lacks a credible name and it's just obvious what he wants when he asks me to have my last name changed. But my friends are trying in their own way lol. It was good to talk to them though I miss them even though we have drifted. You did make so much sense about people just waiting for a call I think that's how they were.

Thank you Paula! I hope you and your family are well.

Reactions: New Creation
Upvote 0

Kyoko

Apr 22, 2010
✟15,116.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello OnceUponATime1,

I read this entire topic and I must say, I am in awe at the strength you possess to hold your family up the way you are at the moment. I do not know what to say because I'm pretty new to these forums myself, but I will certainly have you in my prayers (I'm pretty new to that too). Sorry for being so unhelpful...but as I've never been in your situation I would never know how it could possibly feel, but I imagine it would be so difficult and hard.

Take care.

Upvote 0

OnceUponATime1

New Here
Feb 27, 2010
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just really tired. My brother was in the hospital for most of may and I was so worried I hardly slept. He is back now and I am much happier. I hate it when he isn't at home! I was able to get the money for my brother to play on the AAU team he wanted to be on. He starts in a week and is really excited about playing for them. I ended up getting transfered at my job to another department. I now have four bosses and three of them I don't like. I know one of them is talking behind my back and the other one I have already had an argument with. I am not that kind of person either but she talks down to me all the time and I can only take so much.

The club is the club really the same old same old. On the bright side I am so tired when I get there I don't remember any of it lol. I can't wait to be able to quit one day hopefully soon!

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lissette,

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing! You are an incredible woman!

I am sorry to hear your brother was in the hospital for so long but I am glad to hear he is home now.

Four bosses! One is enough for anyone!!!!!!!!

I can imagine you are exhausted by the time you get to the club!!!!!!!!! I too hope you can quit someday soon!

Upvote 0