Southlake
✟37,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brothers and sisters! I hope you're all doing well.

My question is this: I am trying to discern whether this is a proper thing for me to do as a Christian:

I think it was God Himself who possibly suggested this to me at first, but now I am trying to make sure it's actually okay with Him. I was trying to figure out ways to sell my artwork, and so I got the idea in my head that perhaps I could make a deal with a charity and let them sell my artwork, and they would keep 50% and I would keep 50%. What do you think? Does this sound like that would look bad in any way? I am not just using them to make money, I actually do really care to help the charity and people who need the help (it's a free food charity). But - I don't want it to look like I'm just using them to make money and the Bible says abstain from the appearance of evil, so, what do you think? Anyone is welcome to share their opinion, even if you aren't Christian, I would appreciate it because it helps me understand how you see it too.

Thank you so much for your time, it is very appreciated.

saffron park

The Gom Jabbar, the High-Handed Enemy
Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
practically speaking, this is just making more work for the charity with no guarantee that the profit is going to be worthwhile, 50-50 split or no. It would be wiser to sell the art yourself and donate half of it. You can even advertise that you're doing so.

Upvote 0

Mr E

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2023
San Diego
✟28,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello brothers and sisters! I hope you're all doing well.

My question is this: I am trying to discern whether this is a proper thing for me to do as a Christian:

I think it was God Himself who possibly suggested this to me at first, but now I am trying to make sure it's actually okay with Him. I was trying to figure out ways to sell my artwork, and so I got the idea in my head that perhaps I could make a deal with a charity and let them sell my artwork, and they would keep 50% and I would keep 50%. What do you think? Does this sound like that would look bad in any way? I am not just using them to make money, I actually do really care to help the charity and people who need the help (it's a free food charity). But - I don't want it to look like I'm just using them to make money and the Bible says abstain from the appearance of evil, so, what do you think? Anyone is welcome to share their opinion, even if you aren't Christian, I would appreciate it because it helps me understand how you see it too.

Thank you so much for your time, it is very appreciated.

It worked for Hunter Biden

Upvote 0

Leah Daniels

Jun 23, 2020
Southlake
✟37,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
practically speaking, this is just making more work for the charity with no guarantee that the profit is going to be worthwhile, 50-50 split or no. It would be wiser to sell the art yourself and donate half of it. You can even advertise that you're doing so.
Thank you for your help, it's appreciated

Upvote 0

Leah Daniels

Jun 23, 2020
Southlake
✟37,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you do it yourself, you might not be believed as much as if they sell it and name themselves as ones who will make money.

They can figure out if it would be good for them.
Thank you for your opinion, I hope you're doing well, God bless you

Upvote 0