• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hi. My Name is......

J

jesusfreak29

Hey Chris! welcome to the Recovery forum! :wave:

Sure, you can post here and your more than welcome to. This thread is for any and all who suffer, deal with, connected to alcoholism (and other adictions but alcoholism is the main focus here).

You just made my day with your post!

Thank yout that means alot to me. But, really, you all are inspirations!! Keep up the great work!!!

By the way, justanobserver, I love your serenity prayer (or whatever you could call it) in your sig. its funny!!

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hi, My name is Victoria. I made the decision tonight to finally give up the booze and start living again. It's going to be hard but I can do anything through him!

Hi Victoria! wexloime to the Recovery forum!! :wave:

sorry for taking a couple days to say howdy but am so glad you posted.

How is it going for you? Have you looked into any meetings with AA or Celebrate Recovery?

If you have any questions, concerns or just need to "talk", please feel free to PM me or staff or some of teh members who post here.

please keep us posted as to how your doing!

and, again, welcome to Recovery.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
tomorrow, 5 Sep 07, will be my 3rd year sober!

3 years ago, today I was drunk. 3 years ago tomorrow, I regained my sanity.

3YRCoin.jpg

Upvote 0

kanga22

Jul 19, 2004
Michigan
✟16,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi, My name is Victoria. I made the decision tonight to finally give up the booze and start living again. It's going to be hard but I can do anything through him!

Great decision Victoria! You are fortunate to realize that you need to stop now. I started drinking in my early teens and didn't realize that I had a problem until I was 39 years and 363 days old. I quit drinking the day before my 40th birthday. :D

No matter your age, you will need a support system for times when your brain tells you to pick it up again. Please, be sure to put time into that now. Find friends who understand, people that you can go to when you are wavering. Find the AA meetings, or something similar, in your area and just go to some. I found tons of helpful advice and encouragement at www.e-aa.org. Chat with some of the people there and go to an online meeting. It's a safe way to find out what works for you.

May God bless you and bring people into your life who will help you move in a healthy forward direction. :prayer:

I'm Monica, a recovering alcoholic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Healed_IHS

May 5, 2007
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God does truly work miracles. I am visiting my Father and staying at his house and there are several bottles of beer in the fridge. Worked at a tend that was selling beer and margaritas as a fundraiser - and through all of this I felt NO compulsion or inclination to pick up.

Stick with it and you will be fine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hiya Norm. :wave:

Well, I'm not working the steps because of that higher power thing.

But I just realized that as of yesterday.....

I've been sober for a year.

:clap:

Woohoo!! Congrats Garnet and best wishes for many more.

Here is a thought about the Higher Power that I find works for many. Love. It is a power greater then myself. Most people through the spirit of love can do things they could never have done on their own strength.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hiya Norm. :wave:

Well, I'm not working the steps because of that higher power thing.

But I just realized that as of yesterday.....

I've been sober for a year.

:clap:

AWWWRIGHT!!!!!! this is great news!! I am so happy for you, garnet! you just made my day! :thumbsup: :wave:

as far as your Higher Power, what Lion of God said works for me. That very same subject has been an issue with me as well in the past but I am working on that.

but, again, congratualtions!

Upvote 0