Hi - my name is D and I'm an over-analyzer...

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
IJWTS that would be a shame if you shot yourself in the foot. You had a good perspective last night.
Yeah - it's a struggle for me at times to keep a good perspective. I'm working on it - really I am but it's hard :|

IJWTS I love you, D and Chicky.
Love ya too :hug:

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Do I ever! I try not to, but I do. But I am working on it.
Hi Elle :wave: Welcome to over-analyzer's unite - LOL! ^_^ You're certainly not alone in the trying not to but still over analyze part. Whew! One day, we're going to get this figured out! At least I hope so! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
R

RobinRedbreast

You know what I realized? I do not post near as much as I should on CF because I am always analyzing whether I will say the wrong thing or sound stupid, or make someone angry, or questioning if my point has already been made. I am terrible with OA, but this is just ONE silly example.

I'm the opposite.. I over-analyze absolutely everything in the real world, but the internet is my mental sanctuary. I can come here and basically not worry about anything, nothing at all.

I dunno what I'd do without CF, I think I'd go crazy without somewhere I could come just to NOT over-analyze :D

Speaking of over-analyzing though, I have my second band rehersal tonight (I went last week for the first time in EIGHT YEARS, interacting with 40 people I've never met before and playing an instrument I haven't picked up since high school, and trying to make that gel with my anxiety disorders?) and I'm over-analyzing how badly I'm going to suck and what if I'm the first person in history to get kicked out of a small-town community band for sucking :doh:

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of over-analyzing though, I have my second band rehersal tonight (I went last week for the first time in EIGHT YEARS, interacting with 40 people I've never met before and playing an instrument I haven't picked up since high school, and trying to make that gel with my anxiety disorders?) and I'm over-analyzing how badly I'm going to suck and what if I'm the first person in history to get kicked out of a small-town community band for sucking :doh:
Sooooo...how did the practice go? :)

Upvote 0
R

RobinRedbreast

Sooooo...how did the practice go? :)

Not nearly as bad as my mind had pegged :p

Everyone is so nice they don't really care if I mess up :sorry: But I keep -thinking- they care, then I convince myself they are lying to me and thinking horrible things that they just refuse to tell me.. oh man, my mind is a horrible twisted place of anxiety, haha.

I did better this week, I even played a few things the other Euphonium player couldn't get, I felt good during those parts :sorry: And I paid my dues so I'm not going anywhere that's for sure.

Every week will get a little better, as they start to be less strangers and more band mates. There is an older gentleman that plays the trombone, he reminds me of my uncles, well spoken kind-toned voice and he is from PEI so I -knew- he sounded like an east coaster like me :D When he welcomed me back for the second week I felt so much better.

I miss east coast hospitality. It is truly lost here on the west coast. I miss home.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
ok now lets see did this thread start about overanalyzing because they wanted to point out their problem or wanted others to point out they overanalyzed so they wouldn't feel alone in their quest for supreme analyzation. It could be an analytical experiment based upon the opinions of a hypnotic analysis of suggestion too... perhaps I better not post or I would be accused of being victim of analayzing and folks would think I was weird or something. Maybe if I say something intelligent though people would think more highly of me and I would become the most popular analyzer over them all...... the Lord of the Analyzers...... one analyzer to rule them ALL!! :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
How'd that work out?

I've been known to analyze - or overanalyze - a bit much. But it's less overanalyzing and more having a plan A, B, C, and D; and an alternate way to pull off plan C.

People would post pictures of shoes they wear and I would describe their personality.

And, you sound more like a strategist than analyst. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
People would post pictures of shoes they wear and I would describe their personality.

And, you sound more like a strategist than analyst. :thumbsup:

Wow, that sounds neat. Maybe you should bring that thread back.:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You guys are ALL crazy over-analyzers!!! :doh: :D :D :D

Flnativegrl - the shoe thread was fun! You should definitely start another one :thumbsup:

MG - glad the band practice wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be :clap: and just take what they say at face value and try not to analyze it to much - oh wait, that's our problem isn't it - hmmm - well....uhmmm...hmmm...I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :sorry: :D

Sophrosyne - do you really want to become King of this group? We'd all analyze you to death and the way you rule your kingdom :p

Toastface - welcome to the group :wave: I agree with flnativegrl - you sound more like a strategist and planner than an over-analyzer :thumbsup:

Upvote 0