Hi, I'm a new member, and a new Christian!

Fool Coyote

May 28, 2023
Rapid city
✟8,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi everybody, I'm a new member and new to Christianity... Well, not entirely true. I was raised Southern Baptist, in the Ozarks in Arkansas. Now this is where things get wiley. At 14 (God forgive me) I found wicca, or well a psudo version of it, but it was enough to start me down a poisonous path. I moved from that to what is called Celtic Reconstructionism. Worse yet some of us worked on reconstructing a Druid's way. Not healthy! This went on until just a few yrs ago, when I at last saw the light of God - Amen! Now I struggle to find God's forginess, as i try to recall my sins, for they are many and varied! I want to one day get passed the part of my brain that demands proof, to cure my blindness to a world of color and light, to find my mother's unshakable faith in Christ, and i hope posting among you will help me find myself in Christ's glory once more. Thank you for reading. Bye for now!

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to the home of the varied. Might I suggest you don't overthink the past. You used to follow your own will, now you follow the will of the Father. What's done is done providing you don't find reasons to once again put your will ahead of His, and return to self justification.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everybody, I'm a new member and new to Christianity... Well, not entirely true. I was raised Southern Baptist, in the Ozarks in Arkansas. Now this is where things get wiley. At 14 (God forgive me) I found wicca, or well a psudo version of it, but it was enough to start me down a poisonous path. I moved from that to what is called Celtic Reconstructionism. Worse yet some of us worked on reconstructing a Druid's way. Not healthy! This went on until just a few yrs ago, when I at last saw the light of God - Amen! Now I struggle to find God's forginess, as i try to recall my sins, for they are many and varied! I want to one day get passed the part of my brain that demands proof, to cure my blindness to a world of color and light, to find my mother's unshakable faith in Christ, and i hope posting among you will help me find myself in Christ's glory once more. Thank you for reading. Bye for now!
looks like he is working that out for the Good. Now you are educated in these beliefs and can help those in them. not only that, you will see a link in these ancient beliefs that have many similarities in the story line, with the story of the bible, being that ancient man all had the hope of the coming one or some hero of old, and you can use those links to enlighten those under those beliefs of the true message found in God's word.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum @ Fool Coyote. Sleep, snort, argh have a joyful life here. Keep in memory of your sins so you know where you come from. You can minister to those who need salvation with a sincere heart. Meaningful, jargon, Christianese you get my point. Jesus Loves You!

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,627.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF! Consider another post under " Request for Christian advice" addressing your demand for proof. Let us help!
Be blessed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for the testimony. Praise You Father God for getting us to your loving arms. Have faith my friend and when doubt enters push it out of your mind with prayer and scripture.

With forgiveness He gives us victory over them too. Praise You Father God for your gift is complete in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0