Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi all my first post. I was brought up a Catholic but lost my faith as a teen, I became an atheist perhaps agnostic. Many bad things happen to me in my life. of late I can only think that the devil or something is causing this. I have always thought that if there is a God he would be discovered by science. The more I learn about near death experince and cross referincing that with quantum mechanics I am convinced that there is a god. I have a good friend who ( A very good, happy genuine person with a great family) I will be meeting this weekend to discus Jesus. I have so many questions and I want very much to believe, wheere and how do I start?

Please help me understand

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi all my first post. I was brought up a Catholic but lost my faith as a teen, I became an atheist perhaps agnostic. Many bad things happen to me in my life. of late I can only think that the devil or something is causing this. I have always thought that if there is a God he would be discovered by science. The more I learn about near death experince and cross referincing that with quantum mechanics I am convinced that there is a god. I have a good friend who ( A very good, happy genuine person with a great family) I will be meeting this weekend to discus Jesus. I have so many questions and I want very much to believe, wheere and how do I start?

-
You start and end with The Bible. Near death, science, etc.. will only given you false ideas about God.

As for The Bible, i would start with The Gospel of John, the only book written whose stated purpose is to tell people how to have life. Which is Eternal Life, The Life of God, and which is required for a person to become, a born again child of God.

The good part about Eternal Life is that God is offering Eternal Life to any person who believes, Jesus is The Messiah/The Son of God, He Jesus is the resurrection and the life, so to have life and eventually be ressurected to Eternal Life with God. A person must believe in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Stephend

Dec 19, 2023
Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
-
You start and end with The Bible. Near death, science, etc.. will only given you false ideas about God.

As for The Bible, i would start with The Gospel of John, the only book written whose stated purpose is to tell people how to have life. Which is Eternal Life, The Life of God, and which is required for a person to become, a born again child of God.

The good part about Eternal Life is that God is offering Eternal Life to any person who believes, Jesus is The Messiah/The Son of God, He Jesus is the resurrection and the life, so to have life and eventually be ressurected to Eternal Life with God. A person must believe in Jesus.
I thank you but that does not help, how do I believe in Noah's ark etc. I mean that as a serios question not trying to be funny

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have always thought that if there is a God he would be discovered by science. The more I learn about near death experince and cross referincing that with quantum mechanics I am convinced that there is a god.
Welcome to the CF. I hope your faith is restored. I cannot live without my faith in God, my Creator and Savior. Enjoy the fellowship and discussions here.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have so many questions and I want very much to believe, wheere and how do I start?
Know Him first. Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Our faith starts with loving Him will all our heart, soul and mind. Blessings.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I thank you but that does not help, how do I believe in Noah's ark etc. I mean that as a serios question not trying to be funny
-
You simply take this account in The Bible by faith, unless you believe God to be a liar. Then if that is the case, i guess nothing can be said to you.

Because far be it that human recorded history or science statements, can not lie or would ever lie.

It really come down to either a person has faith in man and his claims or they believe God and His recorded accounts throughout history about man's fallen state, he finds himself in. I mean you do believe people die, right.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Believe that God uses numerous various ways to draw us. (John 6:44)

Interested in NDEs too. We do have to exercise caution. One reason is we can't assume a bright light represents Godly because "There is nothing surprising in that, for the Adversary himself masquerades as an angel of light;." (II Cor 11:14)

There are different aspects of faith. One main way we can increase our faith is found in Rom 10 "then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Possible questions -
How could Jesus be both the son of God yet man while on earth?

How important is believing in Christ, confessing and repenting before Him?

How to love Him with our whole spirit, soul, and body?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
all the best in your journey. i a in a similar boat. was a Christian in my 20's until about 2012 when I could no longer believe the Bible is the word of God. tried many different paths and faiths until i just settled on being agnostic since it was easy. last year or so I have felt the urge to seek God. I started reading the Bible again. i still struggle with it. i don't like prayer. sometimes i feel God talks to me through the Bible so i find i read it often. but still not convinced and i still don't really like prayer. i read a book by a Jewish rabbi that said to read the Psalms as a type of prayer. so kinda do that.

all the best on your journey.

Reactions: Stephend
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stephend

Dec 19, 2023
Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
all the best in your journey. i a in a similar boat. was a Christian in my 20's until about 2012 when I could no longer believe the Bible is the word of God. tried many different paths and faiths until i just settled on being agnostic since it was easy. last year or so I have felt the urge to seek God. I started reading the Bible again. i still struggle with it. i don't like prayer. sometimes i feel God talks to me through the Bible so i find i read it often. but still not convinced and i still don't really like prayer. i read a book by a Jewish rabbi that said to read the Psalms as a type of prayer. so kinda do that.

all the best on your journey.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Welcome! :wave: there is a Catholic forum you may want to explore if you want to discuss your questions with other Catholics. One Bread, One Body - Catholic

Upvote 0

Stephend

Dec 19, 2023
Perth
✟860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Welcome! :wave: there is a Catholic forum you may want to explore if you want to discuss your questions with other Catholics. One Bread, One Body - Catholic
thanks but no not Catholic I am finding quite a lot of ckristians do not take the bible literally. I am researching that ATM (And I am not trying to offend anyone)

Upvote 0