Hi all! Looking for a certain type of devotional...

cvweiss

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
✟15,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So my girlfriend (38) and I (43) have been together since late 2017. We have our house together, and right now the only thing keeping us from becoming married is covid and money (she wants a proper wedding this time!). She's divorced and I've had 3 very serious relationships that just never turned into marriages. We met in 2003 in college, became great friends, but didn't explore a relationship until 2017. Some things were just meant to be!

We are seeking a devotional for couples like us. Something that's beyond getting to know each other and before the problems of marriage. We have tried a couple of books and they seem to be geared towards couples with problems, whether cheating, inappropriate content, violence, etc. We are very blessed in that we have matured and have gotten most of our problems behind us.

Can anyone recommend any books that might work for us? I'd rather not throw $8 here and $12 there to try books off Amazon that we end up disliking. I know I'm new and coming in with a crazy request, but we really want to do our daily devotionals without finding ourselves annoyed because 95% of them don't apply. Until she came along, I was barely a Christian, barely seeking a path, and she has brought me a long way. I want to keep moving along the path we are forging together.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
cvweiss,

Most of the titles I’d recommend are available on Scribd. They have a large Christian catalog. The unlimited membership is $8.99 per month. It includes audio and eBooks. The first month is free. I searched for ‘couples devotional’ and found a lot.

If you have a library card you may have access to Hoopla Digital. Each institution sets the borrowing rate and its free to use.

Here’s a few titles to get you started. I’ve read these or related books from the author.
  • The Love Dare Day By Day
  • The One Year Love Talk Devotional for Couples
  • Devotions for a Sacred Marriage
  • Closer: Devotions to Draw Couples Together
  • The One Year Love Language Minute
  • Kingdom Marriage Devotional
  • Starting Out Together
  • Moments Together for Couples
  • Quiet Time for Couples
  • Preparing for Marriage Devotions for Couples
  • Devotions for Dating Couples
  • Life Promises for Couples
Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not know any devotional materials. Simply, together read Paul's Letters out loud.

As for the wedding, save your money, at this time do a zoom wedding or justice of the peace. Then after the virus is dead, have the second wedding she wants.

Upvote 0