Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arrived at the Christ the King feast vigil tonight and the sacristy had been paved with marble and the high altar restored to its former glory! We began with confession, a community rosary and then had a Novus Ordo Mass in the vernacular with our wonderful priest facing Jesus in the central tabernacle. :D What a refreshing experience.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arrived at the Christ the King feast vigil tonight and the sacristy had been paved with marble and the high altar restored to its former glory! We began with confession, a community rosary and then had a Novus Ordo Mass in the vernacular with our wonderful priest facing Jesus in the central tabernacle. :D What a refreshing experience.

Cool :cool:

Not sure what all that means... :sorry:

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am just about ready to watch a movie with my luv. I have to get the popcorn out! I love it when I spend time with him. And my daughter is away for the weekend. So its kind of like date night without the daughter :p. Da da da.. da da.... "I'm Lovin It!"

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am just about ready to watch a movie with my luv. I have to get the popcorn out! I love it when I spend time with him. And my daughter is away for the weekend. So its kind of like date night without the daughter :p. Da da da.. da da.... "I'm Lovin It!"

Sounds like what I am going to do in a moment. ;)

I just got done watching the Apostles of Comedy with my wife and two kids. The kids are watching a Cherub show before I go back with my wife to watch a movie and send the kids to bed. :)

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
10645_Happy%20Thanksgiving.jpg

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cool :cool:

Not sure what all that means... :sorry:

Hehe, I think it means they are renovating our Church. :)

They painted the whole place recently so beautifully. It is really becoming a spectacular Church and I wish I had more money to give to the cause.

I knew they were re-doing the floors but had no idea they were going to use marble. Its taking on shrine quality.

There is a beautiful old high altar in the Church. It sets on the back wall of the sacristy with a low alter in front of that. Well tonight the low altar was removed. (I suspect temporary while they complete the marble tile) Fr. held Mass in the old style. It was too cool. I wish I had had a camera, maybe I can remember to take one next time I go in and show you what I mean. Won't have any before pics but I thought the Church was beautiful before anyway, now its just becoming spectacular. Its St. Mary's in Rockwood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like what I am going to do in a moment. ;)

I just got done watching the Apostles of Comedy with my wife and two kids. The kids are watching a Cherub show before I go back with my wife to watch a movie and send the kids to bed. :)

I looked at that, was it funny? Has anyone seen "Beer for my Horses"?

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Reactions: isabella1
Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hehe, I think it means they are renovating our Church. :)

They painted the whole place recently so beautifully. It is really becoming a spectacular Church and I wish I had more money to give to the cause.

I knew they were re-doing the floors but had no idea they were going to use marble. Its taking on shrine quality.

There is a beautiful old high altar in the Church. It sets on the back wall of the sacristy with a low alter in front of that. Well tonight the low altar was removed. (I suspect temporary while they complete the marble tile) Fr. held Mass in the old style. It was too cool. I wish I had had a camera, maybe I can remember to take one next time I go in and show you what I mean. Won't have any before pics but I thought the Church was beautiful before anyway, now its just becoming spectacular. Its St. Mary's in Rockwood.

Sounds awesome. Some pics would be cool. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
What is the purpose of the thread, is it for fellowship or just for rep points? I want fellowship and don't particularly want to get any reputation points...but there seems more going on in here that in the OBOB pub, so i thought i'd ask!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.