Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Does rep mean more if it's actually for something other than merely existing???

Rep threads , in my opinion, are like stupidest things ever....the point of rep isn't just to watch a number increase (there's Sesame Street for that)...it's so people can let a person know intimately (but quickly) that a particular post resounded with them in some way.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Rep threads , in my opinion, are like stupidest things ever....the point of rep isn't just to watch a number increase (there's Sesame Street for that)...it's so people can let a person know intimately (but quickly) that a particular post resounded with them in some way.
repped :D

Reactions: D'Ann
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,765.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One good thing about rep points, I suppose, is that if you have a lot of them you can give people with helpful posts a real "ratings boost."

I know that if I see my rep points jump by a few hundred or so, it's very affirming.

And if I can affirm someone else by giving them rep points (I think I give about 107 rep points now, a 'fair to middling' amount) it makes me happy.

It also lets them know that someone has read their posts, and perhaps been helped or touched in some way by them. (It's frustrating to ponder something deeply and put some effort into a response and never know if it's reached anyone.)

Upvote 0

krstlros

Currently Under Construction
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Give that awesome woman some reps. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One good thing about rep points, I suppose, is that if you have a lot of them you can give people with helpful posts a real "ratings boost."

I know that if I see my rep points jump by a few hundred or so, it's very affirming.

And if I can affirm someone else by giving them rep points (I think I give about 107 rep points now, a 'fair to middling' amount) it makes me happy.

It also lets them know that someone has read their posts, and perhaps been helped or touched in some way by them. (It's frustrating to ponder something deeply and put some effort into a response and never know if it's reached anyone.)

Exactly. It's one way of having fun in one forum and sharing the fun in another forum and also it adds to my happiness to give reps. I may rep a post that I don't necessarily 100% agree with, but I appreciate the passion and care and love and effort that one puts into their posts. I learn a lot from all of those posts. I appreciate it and I don't have a lot of blessings to say "thank you" with, but repping is something that helps me feel as if I'm showing my appreciation.

Anyway, Thanks Sam for starting this thread. Your heart is in the right place.

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
oh no...oh no...:)

I'm one of those posters who loves going to Rep Power threads. I'm a sucker for them. Mea culpa (I don't think I'm using the right phrase)

I like the thought of giving someone reps and boosting their total rep points like a rocket:) I'm a little kid, I gotta have my star, wahhh:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I repped every positively, positive poster to this thread.

This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Happy Sunday everyone.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I repped every positively, positive poster to this thread.

This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Happy Sunday everyone.:crossrc:

God Bless :crossrc:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.