Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The way they acted suggests to me that they were extremely frightened. They were scared to death of the man in the car.
Scared?
I took it as livid that their contradictory commands weren’t immediately being followed.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I live in the general region where this happened, Hampton Roads Virginia. We have 16 military bases including the largest naval base in the world. This is going to make the military folks around here pretty upset with local law enforcement considering this happened on December 5. It took Windsor 4 months to fire this cop.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I live in the general region where this happened, Hampton Roads Virginia. We have 16 military bases including the largest naval base in the world. This is going to make the military folks around here pretty upset with local law enforcement considering this happened on December 5. It took Windsor 4 months to fire this cop.
The last time I checked Brooklyn Center was nowhere near Hampton Roads, Virginnia.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Contradictory?

"Put your hands out of the window and turn off the car!"

"Get out of the car!"

Kind of hard to get out of the car when your hands are out of the window and your seat belt is buckled.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"Put your hands out of the window and turn off the car!"

"Get out of the car!"

Kind of hard to get out of the car when your hands are out of the window and your seat belt is buckled.
Not really, one would simply state "Okay, I am getting out and pull one's hands back in.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I hope he wins and the officers are brought up on criminal charges. They didn’t have any reason to react that way even if he was missing a license plate, which he wasn’t. Now if the officers were somehow justified in their actions then you would think that they would’ve been more than happy released that camera footage as well. Personally I don’t think there was any reason for them to act the way they did. They’re supposed to act like police officers not the Gestapo.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He was released from the scene without charges and a warning that if he lodged a complaint they would charge him with obstruction and resisting arrest after the fact. Obviously, after all that the cops themselves didn't think he actually did anything wrong and wanted him to keep quiet about the whole thing.

Yeah my favorite part was when the officer screams “PUT YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE CAR AND TURN OFF THE VEHICLE...PUT YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE CAR!!!” Like seriously? Make up your mind idiot. The Lt. should’ve told him it’s kind of hard to turn off the vehicle with your hands sticking out the window genius. ^_^

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree...the way they acted, it's as if they wanted trouble.

I'd like to talk to an honest cop that has been around for some time, and ask them what type of mentalities cops have in general. Like, are some just mean, among other questions?

Arrogance and ego. The lead cop was simply unwilling to back off his initial course of action: to order the young man out of the vehicle with his weapon drawn. As he approached the vehicle in a well-lit area, there were more than enough signs indicating his actions were unwarranted and provocative. Instead of de-escalating (and checking his own decisions and behavior), he became hysterical, insisting on compliance to his original order. I hope he is held to account for his behavior.....for the sake of the victim and police everywhere.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is why one tells the officers what one is doing first.

Like Philando Castile who was shot after he told officers that he had a license to carry and was shot anyway.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Like Philando Castile who was shot after he told officers that he had a license to carry and was shot anyway.
And I would be willing to bet that the Lieutenant thought of what happened to Castile happening to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Arrogance and ego. The lead cop was simply unwilling to back off his initial course of action: to order the young man out of the vehicle with his weapon drawn. As he approached the vehicle in a well-lit area, there were more than enough signs indicating his actions were unwarranted and provocative. Instead of de-escalating (and checking his own decisions and behavior), he became hysterical, insisting on compliance to his original order. I hope he is held to account for his behavior.....for the sake of the victim and police everywhere.

Agree, and as much as I try to steer around it, it always comes back to inscure cops proving themselves to be real men, or some such nonsense. Or even worse, they watch way too much TV, or a combination of both is more likely.

It's always been clear they do not properly screen this type cop out of the system. I realize screening isn't perfect, but I have my doubts its as imperfect as it seems to be.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh rats. I thought we were discussing the accidental Brooklyn Center shooting. That is my fault. The actions in Virginia are very hard to defend.

Isnt it sad that we have to double check WHICH shooting we're discussing this week?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Isnt it sad that we have to double check WHICH shooting we're discussing this week?
Yes, one due to poor training more than anything else, and one non-shooting when cops clearly overacted. It is a risky job both ways.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And I would be willing to bet that the Lieutenant thought of what happened to Castile happening to him.
Especially when the senior officer told the Lieutenant that he was “fixin’ to ride the lightning, son!”
@3:15 on the YouTube video by Virginian-Pilot (no linkie because the Police Officer had a potty-mouth.)

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The way they acted suggests to me that they were extremely frightened. They were scared to death of the man in the car.

Why would they be? Oh, I know. Because he be black, right? I'm sure these officers have encountered black people at other times during their career.
We still haven't seen the dash cam or body cam footage of what happened before he was pulled over, although I'm open to being corrected if there's a video that can be shown of it.

Upvote 0