• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Here we go again

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Handmaid for Jesus, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+29,440
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+1,170
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    What is Black Army?

3. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+10,028
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Awkward phrasing. He's a US Army officer who is black.

4. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+1,170
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    Ah, the capital B confused me.

5. Handmaid for Jesus

+29,440
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    What capital B?

6. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+1,170
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    "Black Army"

7. Handmaid for Jesus

+29,440
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Oh, you are referring to the headline. Gotcha.:oldthumbsup:

8. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,925
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Once again, we don't see what transpired before the suspect's car was stopped. Did he keep driving and try to evade police when they tried to pull him over? We don't even know that. But it would explain why the police were hyped up like that.
    Meanwhile, we get the "black man assaulted by white cops" narrative from the media. A local TV station by me aired the story as "an illegal traffic stop". How do police "illegally" pull someone over?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+3,096
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    According to the stories I've read, when the police lit up their lights, he immediately slowed down well below the speed and put on his blinker indicating his intent to pull over until he got to a well lit spot.

And it's being called an "illegal" traffic stop because as far as anyone can tell, there's nothing about the car was illegal and no actual reason to pull him over. He was supposedly pulled over for missing a rear license plate, but his temporary tags are visible in the rear window of the car. He was also let go without any ticket or charges - just a threat to not report the incident.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,925
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The body cameras were on at the time. It would be nice to find out what they show.
    Is it assumed that they pulled him over for being black? They wouldn't know that if he was driving an SUV which wouldn't let people in back see the driver, and he didn't have a rear license plate, so they couldn't run a check on who owned the vehicle.

11. mkgal1

mkgal1 His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33 Supporter

+6,788
    Anglican
    Married
    Does it really matter what happened prior? The officer is close enough to see the driver had his hands visible and had his hands up.....the driver was seat belted in his car and the officer flooded his face with spray. For what reason would that be necessary?

12. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,925
    Non-Denom
    Single
    He told the guy about 20 times to get out of the vehicle, and he refused. For what reason would that be necessary?

13. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,868
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    He was released from the scene without charges and a warning that if he lodged a complaint they would charge him with obstruction and resisting arrest after the fact. Obviously, after all that the cops themselves didn't think he actually did anything wrong and wanted him to keep quiet about the whole thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+3,096
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    He didn't get out because he was, rightfully, scared of them. They're literally screaming at him while pointing their guns at him and telling him to keep his hands visible and get out of the car. He can't do the latter without not doing the former. He has every reason at that point to be worried that they are going to interpret him reaching to undo his seatbelt and open the door as a threat and open fire. He said he was afraid to get out of the car (a completely reasonable feeling given how the police were acting) their response is "you should be". I wouldn't want to risk getting myself out of the car either.

His best course of action is arguably just keeping his hands visible and remaining calm.

Their actions are entirely unreasonable. At no time was he ever a threat to them. At no time did he act in a hint of a threatening manner. At no time did he act unreasonably. The entire situation could have been avoided if the police didn't immediately jump into an uncalled for hyper aggression mode. All they did was escalate the danger of the situation to everyone involved.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Handmaid for Jesus

+29,440
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    They said let me see your hands, then get out of the car. You can't do both at the same time. He was buckled into his seat belt. Had he reached inside to unbuckle himself, these officers could have shot/killed him and felt justified saying they feared for their lives. It is obvious he feared for his.

16. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+14,285
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    My heart goes out to the officers who had no chance to use justifiable lethal force.

Maybe next time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Handmaid for Jesus

+29,440
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I think they may have wished they had seeing they are getting sued.

18. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,829
    Christian
    Single
    Yes, as mentioned, that was the problem. He supposedly evaded when, IMO, he rightfully didn't stop till he got to a well lighted area. Took about 2 minutes for him find a place to stop.

These police need to be trained if they aren't already, that sometimes, anyone, but especially blacks, need to be given the benifit of the doubt when it is clear they don't stop right away because they fear for their lives.

The police caused that problem so they now need to learn to deal with it instead of taking it as blatant evasion.

19. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+3,096
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    You'd think being in a well lit area is safer for the cops too.

IIRC, one of the officers admitted that when Nazario didn't pull over immediately, he figured it was so he could get to a well lit area.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,829
    Christian
    Single
    I would hope so, yet thy didnt seem to cut him any slack.

Agree, especially if they thought they were in a dangerous situation...or maybe they didnt really think it was all that dangerous after all?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021