• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

here goes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imani

Jan 21, 2005
Portland, OR
✟954.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
ok... its monday the 6th june at 11:14am (for me anyway)

over the past few days, well weeks really, ive been really badly cutting and attempting to hurt myself. well. since i upset a really really good friend by feeling this way and just giving up and not fighting i feel horrible and guilty and sad because i really love this person sooo much. well i let it all get to me tis morning and cut up really bad. well. its just NOT gonna happen again. I will NOT let my friends down again. so thats why im posting this out in public and not just pming it to the person (well, people) i hurt and let down.

Im starting small... but im promising to go 1 full week without physically hurting myself. those who know me know that i dont make promises lightly at all, in fact its really hard for me to say i promise because i am soooo scared of failing. but here it is.

i will post next week if i make it or if i fail in between. i will be honest about if i make it or not.

Sara.

p.s. no replies necessary, just wanted this out in public.

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Imani said:
ok... its monday the 6th june at 11:14am (for me anyway)

over the past few days, well weeks really, ive been really badly cutting and attempting to hurt myself. well. since i upset a really really good friend by feeling this way and just giving up and not fighting i feel horrible and guilty and sad because i really love this person sooo much. well i let it all get to me tis morning and cut up really bad. well. its just NOT gonna happen again. I will NOT let my friends down again. so thats why im posting this out in public and not just pming it to the person (well, people) i hurt and let down.

Im starting small... but im promising to go 1 full week without physically hurting myself. those who know me know that i dont make promises lightly at all, in fact its really hard for me to say i promise because i am soooo scared of failing. but here it is.

i will post next week if i make it or if i fail in between. i will be honest about if i make it or not.

Sara.

p.s. no replies necessary, just wanted this out in public.

Heavenly Father,
I ask that you surround dear Sara with your love, with the knowledge that you are there, loving her. Give her the strength she needs and desires to do this Lord. Help her through this, so that she may feel a real sense of accomplishment and hope. Father, we thank you for Sara and her courge to come out publicly and say this. We thank you for this display of compassion for her friends. We thank you for the unique and special woman that is Sara.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
icon12.gif
:clap: YOU GO GIRL!!! :clap:
icon12.gif

sooooooo many things to fight for. the best is you will feel good :hug: about yourself.

Upvote 0

luv4godremains

Apr 13, 2005
✟2,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord, we ask that you would be with Sara as she passes through this wekk, we ask that you would be her strength and enable her to lean on you in times of need. We thankyou for her loving and kind heart, and we pray now that you would fill her up, to a place where she need not do this to get the pain and the feelings out. we ask that you would help her to deal with her feelings and help her to find another way of doing this, but a way that would not be harming to herself or anyone else! Amen

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Make sure your friends know it's a hard promise to keep.
Sometimes this ends up being counterproductive.

I only know self-injurers on the net and none in real life. I do my best to let them know that I love them and tell them that they are wonderful and precious whether they hurt themselves or not.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.