United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do tell!

Well I'm relived that we finally got that straightened out.
There is nothing straightened out.

I need your help to understand what exactly the claim is. Please answer this one question.

Who is it that you say is changing the zip codes and then changing them back? County clerks, computer hackers, who?
Thank you.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing straightened out.

I need your help to understand what exactly the claim is. Please answer this one question.

Who is it that you say is changing the zip codes and then changing them back? County clerks, computer hackers, who?
Thank you.
If you had read the article; it boggles my mind that you would be asking this question.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you had read the article; it boggles my mind that you would be asking this question.
There was no article; it was an editorial without references to back up the claims therein.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You insist on being so rude, it boggles my mind. However, I'll still try to sincerely converse with you.
This is what the article says...

County election managers change the zip code of 31,000 voters on September 3

Who are the county managers? Are they referring to county clerks? How are they doing that? Are they individually opening voter registrations and changing the zip codes then reversing the process or do they hack the computers with software that changes the zip codes?
I can't imagine they are changing them individually there would be a record of changes made to voter registrations that would lead right to them.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You might want to read it again.

In a real-life example, this month, we found a county that changed 31,500 zip codes, yet the voter remained at the same address.

Our teams in Wisconsin and Florida are discovering this scam by the truckload -- do not email me that it is not real!

That claim seems to prove the unreliability -- neither Wisconsin nor Florida automatically send out ballots; they only send ballots on request of the voter. So I can't see how they are "discovery this scam by the truckload" in those states. Beyond that, in states where you request absentee ballots (like Wisconsin and Florida) you also typically have to tell them where to send the ballot -- since being "absentee" you may be out of the state (as in the case of military or students) and it gets sent to the requested address.

Now, it is very possible that 31,500 zip codes were required to be changed -- though they likely would never have been changed back. Yes, this would happen in the suburbs, typically, where growth has caused a formerly rural town (now suburban city) to expand to need a second zip code due to population growth. I can see that happening in one of the seven states that does automatically mail out ballots, right before ballots are scheduled to go out to ensure delivery -- particularly in a state like Utah where there has been a lot of growth.

Last, as pointed out, the scam doesn't work as they claim. If the zip code is wrong then either the post office "corrects" it (not necessarily changing the zip code on the envelope but merely delivering it to the correct address) or they ballots are returned to the election office they were sent from as "undeliverable." Even if someone did "intercept" them (which would need to happen in the post office, which could happen if they have the right or wrong zip code and be mail fraud), as pointed out, the signatures would be compared and rejected or held for "curing" (where the voter submits a form stating it was their ballot). Even if you claim that they skip the signature verification, you'd still have thousands of voters complaining that they didn't receive, much less return, a ballot and the elections website claims they voted -- and those complaints don't exist.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If these counties are like mine, likely errors. I'm still struggling 14 years and 3 attempts at getting them to send all my mail to the correct address. They finally started sending my ballots to my home instead of my parent's old house. Now I just need them to do the same with my sewer and property tax documents.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That is a TERRIBLY written piece of reportage. Not a single name (county, individual) to hold to account or from which to fact check.

It's a passably written opinion piece.

All things point to the idea that this article is REALLY saying "Here's what they COULD have done" as opposed to reporting on something that happened in reality. I don't think this is the first time this strategy has been employed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All things point to the fact that this article is REALLY saying "Here's what they COULD have done" as opposed to reporting on something that happenned in reality.

...yea, but an article title with "how they could do it" just doesn't have the same clip bait appeal.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0