• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

HELP!!

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
doubting is natural. i know its confusing, but if someone claims to to believe God, made the world in 6 days, and walked on water and all these outstanding miracles, u gotta wonder if that person fully believes, or are just scared of hell.

it good to doubt, this is when u start to read His word, and question ur own faith and the faith of others, to find out which God is real, and which belief is full of bolagne ;)

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey EOT,

I've been there and doubted that God was there, or that if he was, I doubted that he cared about me.

You know what? That's just the devil's lies. I got tired of believeing them. God wrote down his promises for us, they are in the Bible.

I decided decide that I was going to believe the God says in his word, and stand firm on the Rock of Jesus!!

He is there EOT, just talk to him about your doubt, and ask him to help you.

Praying for you!! :prayer:

Upvote 0

CHRISTIAN COUNSELOR

BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN
Jan 18, 2004
✟130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What have you done to find God?It's necessary to seek Him.So what you should do is set out on a spiritual journey in order to increase your faith.God interacts with people who have a great deal of faith so That looks like why you've been left out.
The first thing to do is to find a church that's spiritually alive and then join the youth group at that church.There's a simple way to find out if a church is spiritually dead.Get out the yellow pages and start calling churches in your area.When someone answers tell them :"I want to meet the Holy Spirit.Does He attend your church?"If you're put on hold,hang up.
It's also important to increase your spiritual activities.Listening to nothing but Christian music and radio programs is important.Watching Christian television programs and reading Christian magazines will help alot to.(Focus on the Family publishes a good magazine for teen girls)And then there's the bible.Probably your favorite book right?Lucky for you,a new bible in a pop magazine format,written for teen girls has just been published.It's very important that your parents buy it for you.(it costs about 10 bucks)Doing these things will help to make you a better Christian.The final step is to pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.Once you receive that,you won't doubt God anymore -you'll be in a personal relationship with Him.GO FOR HIM!

Upvote 0

tj179

Spirit filled
Nov 8, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟190.00
Faith
Christian
Amen. It sure is nice to see some Biblical advice. I thank God every day that I was able to find a spirit filled church that I can enter into praise and worship and feel His presence. That is a sure way to know and be reasured that God is there!!
As for doubting, some of the people in the Bible that God used in a big way were doubters. Just look at Thomas.
TJ

Upvote 0

smash_kate

Jan 10, 2004
New Jersey
✟15,313.00
Faith
Catholic
The saturday 9/8/01 I went to church. I usually don't because I wasn't a big believer then. But I listened to the sermon and he said that if "we're gonna be christians, we're gonna have to suffer, suffer, suffer. However, God won't make the burden worse than we can bear but if we are in trouble we can call God....it's like calling 9-11. Go to chapter 9 verse 11 " of one of the books in the bible...i forgot what book.

Then, that tuesday 9/11 happened!!! from then on I believed in God and jesus. I couldn't believe they mentioned the numbers 9, 1, 1 that saturday right b4 9/11 happened!

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God not there? Of course he's there. Sometimes it takes him awhile to get around to answering our prayers but he's always with us.

Look at praying like planting a seed. You wouldn't plant a seed and go back to the area the next day to pick tomatoes. You have to give God some time to line things up to answer your prayers.

Upvote 0