Uk
✟28,515.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Help. I was abused by my stepfather and others. It's complicated. I know things have carried on even though I'm an adult. But I wasn't fully conscious or aware due to substances given and prescription medication.

I think people will want me dead or locked up for speaking out or set up in some way.

Others have been at risk. There's been denial and gaslighting by other people.

Help. I've prayed but in need urgently as not trusting people. Please pray for others.

There was links with the occult.

I've tried to follow Christian path but had doubts. Not sure where I'm at. Please be prayerful if replying.

Dear moderators please don't put this on front page. I don't want to be bombarded but I do need prayerful help not just for my own circumstances.

jameshjr

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2021
Hinckley
✟63,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Help. I was abused by my stepfather and others. It's complicated. I know things have carried on even though I'm an adult. But I wasn't fully conscious or aware due to substances given and prescription medication.

I think people will want me dead or locked up for speaking out or set up in some way.

Help. I've prayed but in need urgently as not trusting people. Please pray for others.

I've tried to follow Christian path but had doubts. Not sure where I'm at. Please be prayerful if replying.

Dear moderators please don't put this on front page. I don't want to be bombarded but I do need prayerful help not just for my own circumstances.

Hello, the true way, I am sorry to hear that you have had and are having difficulties.

I will pray for you, that you have peace and understanding.

I advise people to read the bible daily , watch sermons on YouTube and to pray. I know that these things will help you. Give your life to Jesus Christ.

May Gods blessing keep you always,

James

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Levind

Science based information author
Apr 14, 2021
Jakarta
✟15,614.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Help. I was abused by my stepfather and others.

It's not clear what did you ask for. I pray for you so that everything gonna be okay.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So sorry to hear what you had to go through. You are in my prayers. Below I will link a video of Rachel Hamm. Actually I did not see this video I'm linking. I saw her on someone else' channel and she did speak briefly about her childhood. She was abused as a child and Thank God now she is delivered from that and serving the Lord. Maybe you should contact her. I forgot this woman's name so I went searching for her interview in the channel where I first saw her and luckily I managed to find it. So here's the link. Please watch.

Upvote 0

TheTrueWay

Aug 7, 2020
Uk
✟28,515.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for your replies and prayers.

I'm sorry I just can't relate to the video by Rachel Hamm. I'm in a different age bracket and you couldnt compare me as my health etc went downhill. Thanks for trying to help. Perhaps if she looked more ordinary and older I'd watch it.

Upvote 0

Cbgrace1980

Jan 21, 2021
MS Gulf Coast
✟15,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am so sorry this has happened to you in your life. You certainly didn't deserve it and are suffering because of it. I know it's hard to trust when you've been hurt. I think it would be very beneficial to find a Christian counselor who is trained in helping you process what's happened who will also lead you in the way of Christ. I am a believer and my faith in God has carried through abuse, violence, and more. Praying for you right now.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Trauma can be like a powerful fertilizer for the lies we tell ourselves, enabling lies to root deeply and grow expansively within our thinking and remain highly potent despite the passage of decades of time. By "lies" I mean particularly ideas and beliefs that run contrary to God's word which reveals eternal, divine truth to us. God's truth is fundamental to living, to understanding reality, coming to us from the Ground of All Reality, God Himself. To get it wrong about God's truth is to go very badly wrong concerning the fundamental nature of reality, and the core truth about ourselves and our reason for being. When we labor under false conceptions of reality and truth, our lives inevitably manifest the corruption, emptiness, futility and destruction that doing so produces. So, when we experience pain - trauma, physical and/or psychological - that can drive false notions about reality and about ourselves, notions that contradict what God says about these things in His word, the Bible, forcefully and deeply into our lives, it's crucially important to recognize that this is so and then to act very consciously to root out whatever lies we may have taken up in the midst of our trauma.

How? By knowing what God's truth is and then by faith standing on it, using it to challenge the lies we tell ourselves about ourselves, and the world around us, and God. Here is some truth from God to you:

Matthew 11:28-30
28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

John 3:16-17
16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

John 8:36

36 "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

John 10:7-11
7 So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
11 "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

John 14:6
6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Acts 4:10-12
10 ...Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead...
11 "He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone.
12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

1 Timothy 2:3-6
3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all...

Reactions: jameshjr
Upvote 0

Brenda Blakely

Apr 26, 2019
Portland
✟21,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Thetrueway,
Having been abused myself I can understand the struggles that you are
going through. For myself I can say that God knows, God cares and He
will heal you if you let Him. You must seek it and be ready to do the
work that it takes to find and accept healing. Sometime the abuse had
become such a part of "who I was" that it was like ripping me apart to
remove the damage part and bring healing. Wounds must be cleaned and
treated for healing to come. Elijas House Prayer Ministry was the most
healing experience for me. Also here is a number for other resources
where you may be able to find what will work for you. 855 382 5433
You must build your relationship with God. Reading scripture and
putting on the "armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)" is so important. My
prayer life
sometimes existed of the word “help.’ But God brought me thru. Nothing
is impossible with Him.
I can also share that my family was a "lets not talk about the
elephant poop in the middle of the floor" kind of family. They didn't
like me talking about all that went on and all that happened to me. I
had to do something to save my life and keep me from damaging others.
I am praying for you to find peace and joy. I am praying for healing.
I am praying that you will find what you need personally to help. God
be with you and bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums