DaBronx

Mar 10, 2005
New Jersey
✟16,289.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK...I got myself into a mess and I need help!

Please let me know what I should do...I interviewed at a job on Monday and they want me to meet with the CEO tomorrow morning...this is a job I have been praying about and so I immediately said OK, I willbe there without even thinking twice about the situation in my present job...

I forgot that tomorrow the receptionist is out for a Wake and they had asked me over a week ago to cover for her.

WHAT DO I DO???????? Please...I know it's all my fault, I should have consulted with The Lord before accepting the date and time for my second interview but it's too late I already said "OK"

now what????

NatsumiLam

Natsumi [rearranged] = Tsunami
Jun 18, 2006
In my house
✟18,071.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well.

If it is not of God... it will be a learning experience.

If it is of God, then you will have a great learning experience.

I say, many times in life God has prepared us to make our own choices. Like a parent prepares its child for adulthood.

We probably will not have an answer for you, only God will.

~Natsumi Lam~

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they want you to meet the CEO.. then you've probably got a good chance at the job. So do the interview. And if there's time left afterwards or in-between, cover for your present job too. :) If there's no time after or inbetween call them as soon as possible and tell them you won't be able to cover. Maybe they can get a temp or on-call to cover.

Reactions: jsimms615
Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let your current job know ASAP that you have an essential appointment that day at X time and cannot be there to cover for the receptionist. Do not lie, but there is no need to tell your current job your private business. If they ask, tell them it is a personal matter you would rather not discuss but it is absolutely essential that you keep the appointment. If need be, try to contact your boss or immediate supervisor at home this evening if you think it will help (I don't know what your role/rank is or what kind of relationships you have with your co-workers & supervisors so this may or may not be a good idea depending -- use your good judgement about it. In my situation I would absolutely call or email my supervisor but that's the kind of relationship & communication we have at my company.)

Be sure to make copious sincere apologies for letting it slip your mind and trying to do two things at once!!! And then offer to make it up somehow in whatever way you can. People are generally forgiving if you show them you aren't just being totally selfish & taking advantage.

God bless!

Upvote 0

BoranJarami

Apr 12, 2006
✟15,790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You made a comitment to your co-worker and you need to honor it. If she cannot find another replacement, then you need to call the new place and let them know that you cannot make it because you had forgotten a prior engagement and need to make another apointment. This could look bad, but it could also look good (after all, you take your comitments seriously). Pray that it look good.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I know it's too late for any comment, but I pray that tomorrow you will be truthful, and that you will learn by your mistake of making a bad decision, and not thinking about those THINGS that you should have.

I believe that you will handle this situation right, and you will be blessed by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

w00dy

just a person
Feb 13, 2006
manchester
✟16,247.00
Faith
Christian
i would say you must keep your word, but that makes me a hypocrite (and as we know the lord hates them). what i would do is to tell your work the truth that you have a chance of a better job (burn your bridges, so youve really got to wow this ceo). your present company can do without you for one day, if they say the cant then they are liars (the cemetary is full of people companies couldnt do without)

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i would say you must keep your word, but that makes me a hypocrite (and as we know the lord hates them). what i would do is to tell your work the truth that you have a chance of a better job (burn your bridges, so youve really got to wow this ceo). your present company can do without you for one day, if they say the cant then they are liars (the cemetary is full of people companies couldnt do without)
W00dy, why do you choose to post in a thread where it is clear that the OP's request has effectiviely timed out, and then offer contradictory advice that is clearly, by your own post, unbiblical!?

The bible requires truth of its adherents, you are suggesting the OP break her word, I truly hope that the OP does not follow your advice.

Pete

Upvote 0

w00dy

just a person
Feb 13, 2006
manchester
✟16,247.00
Faith
Christian
"W00dy, why do you choose to post in a thread where it is clear that the OP's request has effectiviely timed out, and then offer contradictory advice that is clearly, by your own post, unbiblical!?

The bible requires truth of its adherents, you are suggesting the OP break her word, I truly hope that the OP does not follow your advice."

i had not realised the thread was from yesterday until i'd read elijahs post. as to offering satanic advice? i was merely trying to illuminate the fact that this world is often not black and white like so many of us would wish/ delude ourselves into thinking. (im not good at remembering names and numbers to parables, but think on that one where jesus says about untieing donkeys on the sabath). and as for this blatant attempt to discredit me and the spirit the lord himself has poured into my heart, i would ask you if you have a problem with words i have spoken about you to others, why try to 'show me up' in front of people who know nothing of this? i have nothing to fear from the light

or you could just delete this post as a flame, even though your post is asking me to answer

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not suggest your advice was satanic, please do not attribute to me words I do not use.

As for deleting your post as a flame, that would be an abuse of privelege and as i personally do not see a flame in your remarks would be un Christian too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaBronx

Mar 10, 2005
New Jersey
✟16,289.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone! I met with the CEO and covered for the Receptionist - I simply came in a little late...no one seemed to care. i worked through my lunch and made up the time!

GOD IS GOOD!!

As for the job...will let you guys know if I got it...thanks for all of your advice! Next time I mess up I know where to come :)

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK...I got myself into a mess and I need help!

Please let me know what I should do...I interviewed at a job on Monday and they want me to meet with the CEO tomorrow morning...this is a job I have been praying about and so I immediately said OK, I willbe there without even thinking twice about the situation in my present job...

I forgot that tomorrow the receptionist is out for a Wake and they had asked me over a week ago to cover for her.

WHAT DO I DO???????? Please...I know it's all my fault, I should have consulted with The Lord before accepting the date and time for my second interview but it's too late I already said "OK"

now what????
You need to call back and reschedule the interview time with the CEO. You don't know it will work out and you don't want to risk your current job.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks everyone! I met with the CEO and covered for the Receptionist - I simply came in a little late...no one seemed to care. i worked through my lunch and made up the time!

GOD IS GOOD!!

As for the job...will let you guys know if I got it...thanks for all of your advice! Next time I mess up I know where to come :)

Awesome!! Praise the Lord it all worked out fine. Good luck on the new job!! Hope that works out for you too if it's something you want.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0