Help the Christians overcome themselves.

Danhalen

Healing
Feb 13, 2005
Ohio
✟18,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
knightlight72 said:
Are you intolerant of christians? Or intolerant of their beliefs?
Is it possible to seperate the two? I never said it was an issue of intolerance. I said it was an issue of wanting to help them overcome their reprehensible morality.

Then isn't that what a bigot is?
I am asking the question. Do you have an answer?

Upvote 0

Danhalen

Healing
Feb 13, 2005
Ohio
✟18,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
knightlight72 said:
The answer of the definition of a bigot, is someone who prefers the issues of one group, and is intolerant of another group.

I asked you the questions I did, as that would have answered the definition of the question you asked.
The person who feels this way is not intolerant of Christians. They merely want to help Christians stop being Christian since they believe Christianity is a moraly reprehensible lifestyle. They love the Christians, but are saddened that the Christians hurt themselves by acting so imorally.

Is this not enough information for you to answer the question?

Upvote 0

knightlight72

Soldier of Christ
Dec 11, 2003
Canada
✟1,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Danhalen said:
The person who feels this way is not intolerant of Christians. They merely want to help Christians stop being Christian since they believe Christianity is a moraly reprehensible lifestyle. They love the Christians, but are saddened that the Christians hurt themselves by acting so imorally.

Is this not enough information for you to answer the question?
Not sure. I suppose we are equal in amount of bigotry/tolerance.

Upvote 0

Jasminrose

Veteran
Aug 20, 2005
Iowa
✟9,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Danhalen said:
If I were to propose all Christians practiced a morally reprehensible lifestyle, and that we (as a society) ought to help them overcome their Christian ways, would I be a bigot?

This is not how I really feel.

If you hate the christian for being a christian then I would call you a bigot.

Upvote 0

Danhalen

Healing
Feb 13, 2005
Ohio
✟18,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
knightlight72 said:
Not sure. I suppose we are equal in amount of bigotry/tolerance.
What are you unsure of? Why would you suppose we are both equal in bigotry and tolerance? I never said anything about you. I only spoke of a hypothetical "me."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fares

Feb 7, 2006
✟9,042.00
Faith
Catholic
What parts of christianity you find immoral ?

Upvote 0

Danhalen

Healing
Feb 13, 2005
Ohio
✟18,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fares said:
What parts of christianity you find immoral ?
This is an hypothetical proposition. I do not find the vast majority of Christian lifestyles immoral. For the purposes of this thread, I will say my personal deity finds the very reverence of a deity in the form of a man to be an abomination. With the help of my deity, you can overcome yourself.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess you would have to show me how I'd murder my neighbor, ruin my neighborhood, destroy the educational system, harm woodland animals, pervert children, and get or give sexually transmitted diseases by acting as CHRIST.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
knightlight72 said:
The answer of the definition of a bigot, is someone who prefers the issues of one group, and is intolerant of another group.

I asked you the questions I did, as that would have answered the definition of the question you asked.
Using that definition, which I am not saying is incorrect, makes EVERYONE a bigot. Everyone has predispositions against people who hold views disimilar to their own.

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Danhalen said:
This is an hypothetical proposition. I do not find the vast majority of Christian lifestyles immoral. For the purposes of this thread, I will say my personal deity finds the very reverence of a deity in the form of a man to be an abomination. With the help of my deity, you can overcome yourself.
Since you reference a personal diety, that means the very thing you think he/she/it can help you overcome makes you become the very thing you are trying to overcome. You end up worshipping yourself.

Upvote 0

Danhalen

Healing
Feb 13, 2005
Ohio
✟18,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LittleNipper said:
I guess you would have to show me how I'd murder my neighbor, ruin my neighborhood, destroy the educational system, harm woodland animals, pervert children, and get or give sexually transmitted diseases by acting as CHRIST.
I never accused of these trying to do any of these things. My personal deity has told me that the reverence of a deity in the form of man is an abomination. Therefore it is immoral to do so. Does that make me a bigot?

Upvote 0