• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Help me (self harm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

someone_here

May 28, 2005
Luton
Visit site
✟1,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heya. I have always been a strong willed person and i have always told my mates to look after themselves and not to harm themselves. but the other night it all got too much for me and i just started punching myself really hard. i burst out crying and that made me hit myself more and i had throw my scissors away to stop myself and i just broke down. i tried praying but it was like i was talking to no-one. My youth leader then phoned for a scheduled phone call and it kinda passed away. Yesterday i woke up with the biggest bruises on my arms ever. i couldn't tell anyone and i got in an argument at school and started pinching myself discretly. when i got to youth group in worship i broke down and i asked my mate if i could talk to her and i told her everything. but while i was showing my mate our other mate walked in and saw my arm. She made me tell my youth leader and he said he will pray for me and so are my mates but it's like an addiction and i promised my mates i wouldn't but i got in another fight at school today and came so near to slapping myself so hard. i just can't feel like this no more i dnt know what to do. does anyone whos been in my position have any advice.
I know from experiance its hard for people who haven't been there to know the pain and torture going through the mind at the time.

Paddington

My life laid bear (geddit?!?) before Jesus
Dec 21, 2005
Nottingham
✟15,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm sorry I don't know what you're going through but I understand that it's really painful for you, and I'll be praying for you. Feel free to PM me if you ever want a bit of a vent or someone to pray with you :)

Upvote 0

oneandlonely

Some days its hard to be a One Girl Revolution
Apr 11, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟9,810.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
oh hun :hug:

I know what you are going through, I've been there. I know its not easy. Stopping is hard.

Could you talk to your youth pastor about it? or your parents? or a trusted adult friend?

Please know I'm here if you want/need to talk.

Bethany

Upvote 0

BeautifulWorshipper

We are the revival generation.
Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heya. I have always been a strong willed person and i have always told my mates to look after themselves and not to harm themselves. but the other night it all got too much for me and i just started punching myself really hard. i burst out crying and that made me hit myself more and i had throw my scissors away to stop myself and i just broke down. i tried praying but it was like i was talking to no-one. My youth leader then phoned for a scheduled phone call and it kinda passed away. Yesterday i woke up with the biggest bruises on my arms ever. i couldn't tell anyone and i got in an argument at school and started pinching myself discretly. when i got to youth group in worship i broke down and i asked my mate if i could talk to her and i told her everything. but while i was showing my mate our other mate walked in and saw my arm. She made me tell my youth leader and he said he will pray for me and so are my mates but it's like an addiction and i promised my mates i wouldn't but i got in another fight at school today and came so near to slapping myself so hard. i just can't feel like this no more i dnt know what to do. does anyone whos been in my position have any advice.
I know from experiance its hard for people who haven't been there to know the pain and torture going through the mind at the time.
Ok your not alone, did you know Britain has the highest rates of self harm in europe? Which means for ever secondry school class (your form) ir equals out to two people a form! In my school thats about 23 people in a form, there will be loads of people in your school suffering from it. Do you have a person at your school that takes care of pastoral care, someone whos at school just to talk to you about this sort of thing?

P.s I struggle with this, so you can add me on msn if you need someone to listen:)

Upvote 0

ex-Cutie

Forgiven
Aug 9, 2002
In a house
Visit site
✟10,944.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Honey, I'm sorry you're going thru this!! I've never been thru it, so I don't know, but I have been thru hard times so I can understand pain and all that... I'm very sorry. The only thing that pulled me thru is God, everything else failed, even the idea of suicide. God is what will pull u thru. And He won't let u down. I know. Hang in there. I know it's so easy to say that, and that may be what you're expecting ppl to say and so may not truly believe it, but it's the truth. It's all I can say. God is with you, no matter what u feel. He knows what u're going thru, He was tortured to the point of death on a cross where He was literally hanging by his bones and flesh. Seek him. Rest in His arms. Praying for ya, sis!! :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

Brokyn888

Jan 21, 2007
✟15,158.00
Faith
Christian
Originally Posted by Brokyn888
Pray to god that he will help you,,when I used to do stuff to myself,I didnt really think it was horrible but it is,,its just that when you feel like Crapt and your Depressed you kinda forget god and handle it a different way,I used to Cut not like some people do,,I was still christian but couldnt take it anymore,,I didnt like do it big or all the time,,Just like for 2 weeks at the top of my arm,Its normall when you do it,,but looking back its pretty dark,,Thats when I had things happen that could of been but probably wasnt stuff,,that shocked me,,Listening to music watching the time go on ,,and hearing a scream so loud I feel on the floor,screamed and ran and collapsed outside ,,maybe its was because i was listening too loud and it caught me off guard but thats bullt,,Then my doorknob shock that night and I went into like a scared state where when anything moved It scared me,,The doorknob Crapt was real,Im glad it happend cause it made my faith stronger and made me abetter christian

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Hun, you're right that it's an addiction
hug-1.gif
. I would suggest that you really look at talking to someone like you're school counsellor about what's going on. They can hopefully help you come up with some effective ways of coping with stressful situations that don't involve hurting yourself.

On here as well, we've got a thread in the Self-Injury Support forum that's got some ideas that might help too...you can find it here and it might be something to check out :).

If you ever want to talk Hun, my PM box is always open :hug:.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
aw hun.
Stop before it gets worse.
I know thats hard & stupid to say right now but you dont want to be in this messy hole & it go from just punnching to cutting. I do both. *hugs* it'll get better. Keep praying. You have really awesome friends to care that much (but I would have killed them telling the youth leader!) When you feel like hurting your self. Get on the computer or the phone & talk to someone, even if its not about that. Talk, take a walk, to something with your hands. Vent to us.
good luck sweetie. thinking of you.

Upvote 0

LazeyWinde

Blue Girl in a Spacey Haze
Nov 17, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟16,127.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
*Hugs Someone* Times like that are no fun.
You might want to come up with some coping techniques that will help keep you from hurting yourself when you're triggered. I chew gum a lot... something you probably can't do at school... I also keep lots of stuff in my pockets, change and keys I can fiddle with, I also used to carry a finger puppet, helped to keep my hands busy.

Upvote 0

Firehotchickadee234

Senior Contributor
May 12, 2006
Virginia
✟17,574.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
:hug:

So, I think that I am in no place to say "I know what it's like" ... but I can tell you that if you feel like talking to me I would gladly talk

and I had friends who went through a similar situation, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm always an open ear :)

God Bless! and I'm praying for you :prayer: :hug: :angel:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.