Help!!! I'm afraid of seeing evil spirits, what should I do?

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cite me those verses, please. What you seem to be taking away from them is that you literally have to earn your way to being good enough to receive the Holy Spirit, which is not Biblically true at all.

From everything I read in the Bible, it always talks about obedience to Christ. There are so many verses about it ( John chapters 14 -16, Luke 18:18-30 the rich young ruler, Luke 16:13-18, Luke 16: 19-31 the rich man and Lazarus) There are so many parts in the Bible that if you do not choose to obey God you will not make it into heaven. It does not make sense because if God does not allow people to enter into the kingdom of heaven with sin then why would God give you the Holy Spirit if you are in sin. (The reason why people grieve the Holy Spirit = lost it because of sin).

To believe in Jesus and receive the true power of the Holy Spirit is to believe in his commandments and keep them. You cannot say you believe in Jesus and do your own thing. For even the demons and Satan himself believes in Jesus but clearly are not saved because they choose to disobey God or SIN.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From everything I read in the Bible, it always talks about obedience to Christ. There are so many verses about it ( John chapters 14 -16, Luke 18:18-30 the rich young ruler, Luke 16:13-18, Luke 16: 19-31 the rich man and Lazarus) There are so many parts in the Bible that if you do not choose to obey God you will not make it into heaven. It does not make sense because if God does not allow people to enter into the kingdom of heaven with sin then why would God give you the Holy Spirit if you are in sin. (The reason why people grieve the Holy Spirit = lost it because of sin).

To believe in Jesus and receive the true power of the Holy Spirit is to believe in his commandments and keep them. You cannot say you believe in Jesus and do your own thing. For even the demons and Satan himself believes in Jesus but clearly are not saved because they choose to disobey God or SIN.
None of those passages contradict Ephesians 1-2 or Titus 3:3-8, both of which directly teach that we have the Holy Spirit because of the grace of God, not because our works have earned his presence in our lives. Furthermore, the Holy Spirit is literally the engine of our sanctification according to Galatians 5:16-22. He's there to help clean the mess, so the presence of a mess will not deter him, otherwise no one would be sanctified. Furthermore, you're speaking to fear specifically - and throughout Acts, it is shown that the Apostles's boldness came from the Holy Spirit. They were cowering in the upper room until Pentecost, when the Spirit came and gave them boldness. And then they asked for more boldness after going to the Sanhedrin. So fear isn't going to drive him away. No, he is the light that drives out the darkness. The presence of darkness is the absence of light, it cannot drive the light away.

Reactions: ZJN
Upvote 0

Seun

Jul 11, 2018
Midwest
✟34,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know as a Christian I should not fear evil, but I have to say that I am afraid of seeing evil spirits or ghost. I recently have not been able to close my eyes at night to pray because I always feel something around me. So, at night I have to pray with my eyes open.

I know this may seem childish, but I am still afraid of the dark because of evil spirits. I just don't know what they can do to me, so I have been trying to read the Bible to figure out how much God will allow, about God's character, and of course about Jesus. Plus, when I read the Bible, I see every time an angel comes to a person in the Bible they are scared. Sooooo... :234:

So, maybe I'm over thinking this because I feel like naturally everyone would be scared if a demon popped out of thin air. :freeze:

I know this is probably the reason why I have not received evidence of the Holy Spirit. I have been fasting and praying for months for the Holy Spirit but still nothing. So, I believe God is trying to tell me this is the reason "WHY?". I want the Holy Spirit badly. I can't comprehend how to get rid of this fear.

I had this fear since childhood, and I don't watch scary movies or shows - Thank God. I don't understand how people can watch stuff like that.

Is anyone else in this same boat or is it just me? Help!!! :bigeye:

Thanks
God is in control of everything. I remember being like this awhile back, but after some time I had to realize that even if something evil shows up, when you’re saved they can’t do anything to your soul. In the end all that are born again will be with God in the end. God is more powerful than anything else and is always with you wherever you go. The demons tremble at the name of Jesus Christ. Satan and his demons are bound and will be brought down to the lake of fire. Light will win and always will.
I don’t know if you’ve been baptized to receive the Holy Spirit.
One great bible verse to remember is: “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us” (Romans 8:31)

Upvote 0

Kostas

Aug 23, 2018
Athens
✟11,813.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember when I was atheist/agnostic I had few lucid dreams with a shadow figure that scared me a lot but never when I became Christian. Imho since you believe say that if it's the will of God to harm you let it be but remember God would never do something like that and second we are saved through Christ, faith not because of our actions so don't think that God would punish, abandon or scared you because of something you did. He isn't like that.

Upvote 0

FatalHeart

Wisdom's Associate
Jan 23, 2013
The pulsating core of the interwebs
✟20,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know as a Christian I should not fear evil, but I have to say that I am afraid of seeing evil spirits or ghost. I recently have not been able to close my eyes at night to pray because I always feel something around me. So, at night I have to pray with my eyes open.

I know this may seem childish, but I am still afraid of the dark because of evil spirits. I just don't know what they can do to me, so I have been trying to read the Bible to figure out how much God will allow, about God's character, and of course about Jesus. Plus, when I read the Bible, I see every time an angel comes to a person in the Bible they are scared. Sooooo... :234:

So, maybe I'm over thinking this because I feel like naturally everyone would be scared if a demon popped out of thin air. :freeze:

I know this is probably the reason why I have not received evidence of the Holy Spirit. I have been fasting and praying for months for the Holy Spirit but still nothing. So, I believe God is trying to tell me this is the reason "WHY?". I want the Holy Spirit badly. I can't comprehend how to get rid of this fear.

I had this fear since childhood, and I don't watch scary movies or shows - Thank God. I don't understand how people can watch stuff like that.

Thanks

Hey, buddy. I have a demon that follows me around. He gets angry and makes noises by banging on things or knocking stuff over but he is there as an answer to prayer. I had a friend who was delivered from one that left her and came back to try and scare her but could no longer control her because she had Jesus so he instead just clung to her back. It was really funny and sad.

Anyway, these things are scared of you. They're like little deceptive animals that have absolutely no power but should still be avoided because they're also terribly clever liars who can do alot of psychological damage if you listen to them. They create fear in you because they are scared of you because you have Jesus. They are probably messing with you because you don't know that you have complete control over them, but you do. If you have trusted in what Jesus did on the cross you have the Holy Spirit that makes you first in the pecking order and they have to do what you say. However, sometimes God will override you because they also have to do what God says and God's will come before yours. That's why not every evil spirit will leave or stop sometimes. It's not because you don't believe hard enough, it's because God has a plan for it right where it is at. That's also why not every sickness is healed or every dream comes true, but I digress.

Anyway, no real need to be afraid. God is God. There is no reason He hasn't revealed Himself to you yet other than maybe a character flaw in you, but I doubt it has to do with your fear. And if you haven't been convicted of anything you shouldn't be doing, I'm going to highly doubt God isn't showing up for any failures on your part. He is capable of revealing Himself in a way that won't spook you. He can just change your feelings if He needs to. So, take this other stuff as spiritual warfare. Demonic forces like to make up a narrative and get you lost in mumbo-jumbo, making you confused and distressed, but God is a God of order, so, settle down, bro. XD

He'll show up but partly I'll say He already has. The way we want Him to is not the way He acts and mostly you're probably burning your time while God is softly reminding you of the things He has already shown up in. He doesn't like to do big things when the little things are undervalued. You may be trying desperately to hold onto a version of God that you want rather than who He wants to be and God needs that freedom, deserves it, in a relationship level. I'm not saying it's wrong to ask for certain things or to seek God deeply, but so much effort might not be needed sometimes. To be honest, God is satisfied when we focus on scripture and our obedience to all those commands, to be reminded of who we're supposed to be, and have the direction to get there. Times like that and just spending time talking to Him about our feelings and thoughts, and His, treating Him like a person instead of just asking for things, will go alot farther into letting Him show up physically than starving yourself. The fast of God is a changed heart, one dedicated to seeking Justice and delivering people out of their bondage. Take the time to reflect on that, alone, in your room, acknowledging God there with you. And let Him be Himself and worship Him for that. If He never shows up in any particular way, so be it. That's not what this whole thing is about anyway. It's about what He wants from your life. There's too little time that we should focus on anything else.

• Agree
Reactions: Seun and ZJN
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So, maybe I'm over thinking this because I feel like naturally everyone would be scared if a demon popped out of thin air.
Thanks
There's not much thinking involved when dealing with the question of what should be done upon seeing or hearing an evil spirit. In my experience it basically involves only two things and perhaps these are too simple that they're overlooked.

To a large degree it depends on what the evil spirit actually does and or says when it shows up and... Are you going to just sit there and roll over or are you going to oppose it with the simple truths about life. Jesus is the LORD and He is a person they should fully trust.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Thanks

No, I can honestly say I'm not in the same boat, ZJN. Personally, I'm over my fear of evil spirits and demons and ... whatever they like to pretend to be. Rather than fear of the demonic, I feel anger, so, they better not be popping out at me as if I'd just walked into a Halloween party. 'Cuz, if they do .... well, let's just say, if they really were to do that (and I don't think they typically do pop-up in 'ghost' style) there'd be a big spiritual battle ensuing in the name of Christ, and I never assume that I'll be on the losing side in such a case.

The only time I have to consider taking a step back is if I can perceive that an actual human being might be possessed. Then, when things get more 'corporal' in nature, as would be the case with a bona-fide possession, they tend to get a lot more tricky for all of us involved.

Anyway, back to your case. Let me ask these questions, if you will allow me, Sister: Do the others in your household also feel the presence of evil spirits at night at the same time you do? And is it only at night that you or they feel this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, I can honestly say I'm not in the same boat, ZJN. Personally, I'm over my fear of evil spirits and demons and ... whatever they like to pretend to be. Rather than fear of the demonic, I feel anger, so, they better not be popping out at me as if I'd just walked into a Halloween party. 'Cuz, if they do .... well, let's just say, if they really were to do that (and I don't think they typically do pop-up in 'ghost' style) there'd be a big spiritual battle ensuing in the name of Christ, and I never assume that I'll be on the losing side in such a case.

The only time I have to consider taking a step back is if I can perceive that an actual human being might be possessed. Then, when things get more 'corporal' in nature, as would be the case with a bona-fide possession, they tend to get a lot more tricky for all of us involved.

Anyway, back to your case. Let me ask these questions, if you will allow me, Sister: Do the others in your household also feel the presence of evil spirits at night at the same time you do? And is it only at night that you or they feel this?

My mother and sister have seen evil spirits but they are not scared like me I have never really seen a evil spirit. I just feel it or have bad dreams, but I barely dream. (2-3x I dream within six months or so). So, when I do have a dream or nightmare, I wake up and pray immediately because I know its evil most of the time or just my subconscious. My mother has seen death spirit: at another person house and in our old house she saw a ghost of her grandmother or something, but she talked to it, and they said how your not suppose to speak to it. This is before I was born and she was pregnant with my sister and she said that she had a pastor pray over the phone with her and she never saw it again. Then, my sister saw one or two, but she just turned away from looking at it like no big deal.

In general, a lot of spirits seem to come out at night or while we sleep. Like one night my mother and sister felt an evil sex spirit trying to attack them at night. My mother was asleep and in her dream or reality she was not sure, but a dark figure came over her and was trying to cover her mouth, and she was trying to call out "Jesus," and then the dark spirit slowly left her. I was completely okay in the other room I did not know this happen until she told me the next day. She also woke up and anointed the whole house with oil in all of our rooms and prayed.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please listen to this sermon. May God grant you His spirit of wisdom, understanding, knowledge and revelation to know Christ better.

One thing I disagree with that is said in the video is that baptism is required for salvation. It is not because we are saved by faith alone, grace alone and Christ alone. Jesus + Nothing = Salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Thanks

Doubtless there will be those who deny the following, but spiritual principles are involved nonetheless.

Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather." - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 24:28

If a man or woman sins, their body and mind is considered to be an open invitation for intrusion by demonic powers. In the above verse the corpse is a living person who is dead to righteousness. Jesus' reference to vultures instructs us that sin attracts demons just as roadkill attracts buzzards.

There are two or perhaps three possible reasons for your vexation, all of them linked to sin. Here's a short list: overt acts of sin, flirtation with sin & unknowing sin.

Acts of sin attract and invite demonic entities into the body and mind, which may overpower the helpless human spirit. This is called possession and affects humans in varying degrees. If you don't know what a sin is, consult the Ten Commandments. Breaking any one of them is a sin.

Post-modern churches teach that Christians cannot be possessed of demons (the power of sin), but the Bible clearly warns otherwise.(Ezekiel 33:12) Testimony, such as that of the leading post, prove the church's dogma is incorrect. Consequently the sufferer is left without hope of renewal - if the church is to be believed (but they will continue to hypocritically accept your donations for prayer on your behalf).

If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it." - Genesis 4:7

Flirtation with sin on the part of believers is just as liable to result in demonic influence as that which is visited upon a person who has not been converted. This category is the most active of all, with the possible exception of a new popular 'unknowing sin'. I'll get to that one later.

Post-modern churches do not teach repentance or the basis of the power of sin. Instead they teach 'deliverance' or 'positive thinking' both of which suggest a man or woman can continue to flirt with sin and be free of demonic influence - the power of sin. The Roman Catholic church is big on this sort of thing.

Anyone who explores Deliverance Ministries will discover the victims are only granted temporary relief. The reason Deliverance Ministries are thriving is because victims are usually repossessed. (Matthew 12:45 & Luke 11:26) You cannot continue to flirt with sin and expect to live without its consequences. The hook is in and you cannot escape by means of ceremonies and repetitive prayers.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

"If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."
- 1 John 1:8

Unknowing Sin is the newest flirtation with evil and is no less deadly.

It is not only possible to sin unknowingly, it’s an absolute certainty especially in the darkness of ignorance and the climate of church tolerance of wickedness today.(*) While the instances of unknowing sin are legion, I will attempt to focus on one example so as to give the reader an idea of the implications of such things.

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD."
- Leviticus 19:28

Tattoos are popular today even among those who call themselves Christian. Not knowing the Law and most likely never having been taught such things in church, today's Christians go about their lives as though they were king and queen of all things physical and spiritual. They are not. Humans are not autonomous rulers of the spiritual world. Unable to control it in any reasonable fashion, we become victims of it.

"We are like a horse being ridden and can only choose the rider - God or the devil"
- Martin Luther.

An example of Unknowing Sin:
I know a young woman who had a tattoo drawn on her arm. The artwork was generically referred to as a "dreamcatcher". Not knowing its meaning and liking the design she gladly paid for the art to be placed upon her skin. Thereafter she began to complain of all sorts of physical maladies and ailments; severe headache, joint and muscle pain and symptoms of debilitating sickness. Visits to medical doctors resulted in no treatable diagnosis.

A dreamcatcher is a spiritual device and design meant to 'trap' evil spirits - hence the name. According to pagan belief, evil spirits are attracted by it and trapped so as to be transferred elsewhere by ceremony or meditation or some other device at a later time - in other words, spiritual fly paper.

The problem with having a tattoo of a dreamcatcher placed on the woman's skin is that demons are attracted, but never expelled. Her ailments simply get worse and worse. She has been advised to have the tattoo removed.

Only a Christian would be stupid enough to have such a thing tattooed on their flesh. Atheists don't believe in metaphysical symbols and pagans, knowing the danger, would not do it either. Ignorant Christians wander in places where angels fear to tread.....and they pay satan's penalty for their foolishness. Stupidity is not a virtue - it's a rebuke.

Nowhere in the Bible is anyone given permission to sin, to flirt with sin, or to break God's Law.

Demonic affliction is the immediate result of rebellion against God. Early death for a Christian is a possible result. SIN has a price and the price is collected by demons who place demands upon the physical body, the mind and the crippled human spirit. The Christian church today teaches that its impossible for a Christian to be possessed of the enemy, while at the same time giving liberal permission to sin like hell. Nothing could be further from the truth. You cannot sin and escape its consequences.

Summary
The reason so many are afflicted with the demonic can be directly associated with sin. Therefore, it is time to repent of our sins and wickedness. Licentiousness is nowhere condoned in the Bible. God hates it and as Christians are called to have the mind of God, we must hate it too. The consequences of sin is physical death and the spiritual Second Death (Revelation 20:14).

Get rid of the sin (repent) and God will help you be rid of demons. Repentance must come first. God will not be persuaded by an insincere attitude. You can fool yourself, but you can't fool God.

The time to repent is now. This means we must forever deny those things which lead us into rebellion against God and His Law. Nobody can sit on the fence. We must all choose who we shall serve - God or the flesh. God rewards with eternal life and blessings. The flesh does not reward at all and its lusts lead to the Second Death.

It is time to choose. Choose wisely. Repent.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) You may be able to persuade the church to ignore your sin by giving them a hefty donation, but who do you pay to rid yourself of demonic influences? How much does it cost? When a demon has you it wants your flesh and your mind. Your pitifully weak spirit is powerless to resist.

When a demons hook is in you, your life as you've known it is forfeit. You will live with it for the rest of your -shortened- life. I promise you that apart from true bone deep repentance there is no hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Doubtless there will be those who deny the following, but spiritual principles are involved nonetheless.

Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather." - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 24:28

If a man or woman sins, their body and mind is considered to be an open invitation for intrusion by demonic powers. In the above verse the corpse is a living person who is dead to righteousness. Jesus' reference to vultures instructs us that sin attracts demons just as roadkill attracts buzzards.

There are two or perhaps three possible reasons for your vexation, all of them linked to sin. Here's a short list: overt acts of sin, flirtation with sin & unknowing sin.

Acts of sin attract and invite demonic entities into the body and mind, which may overpower the helpless human spirit. This is called possession and affects humans in varying degrees. If you don't know what a sin is, consult the Ten Commandments. Breaking any one of them is a sin.

Post-modern churches teach that Christians cannot be possessed of demons (the power of sin), but the Bible clearly warns otherwise.(Ezekiel 33:12) Testimony, such as that of the leading post, prove the church's dogma is incorrect. Consequently the sufferer is left without hope of renewal - if the church is to be believed (but they will continue to hypocritically accept your donations for prayer on your behalf).

If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it." - Genesis 4:7

Flirtation with sin on the part of believers is just as liable to result in demonic influence as that which is visited upon a person who has not been converted. This category is the most active of all, with the possible exception of a new popular 'unknowing sin'. I'll get to that one later.

Post-modern churches do not teach repentance or the basis of the power of sin. Instead they teach 'deliverance' or 'positive thinking' both of which suggest a man or woman can continue to flirt with sin and be free of demonic influence - the power of sin. The Roman Catholic church is big on this sort of thing.

Anyone who explores Deliverance Ministries will discover the victims are only granted temporary relief. The reason Deliverance Ministries are thriving is because victims are usually repossessed. (Matthew 12:45 & Luke 11:26) You cannot continue to flirt with sin and expect to live without its consequences. The hook is in and you cannot escape by means of ceremonies and repetitive prayers.

"If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8

Unknowing Sin is the newest flirtation with evil and is no less deadly.

It is not only possible to sin unknowingly, it’s an absolute certainty especially in the darkness of ignorance and the climate of churchianity tolerance of wickedness today. While the instances of unknowing sin are legion, I will attempt to focus on one example so as to give the reader an idea of the implications of such things.

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD." - Leviticus 19:28

Tattoos are popular today even among those who call themselves Christian. Not knowing the Law and most likely never having been taught such things in the church, today's Christians go about their lives as though they were king and queen of all things physical and spiritual. They are not. Humans are not autonomous rulers of the spiritual world. Unable to control it in any reasonable fashion, we become victims of it. Being a Christian means one has surrendered to obedience to God's Law. It doesn't allow us to break it - to sin.

An example of Unknowing Sin:
I know a young woman who had a tattoo drawn on her arm. The artwork was generically referred to as a "dreamcatcher". Not knowing its meaning and liking the design she gladly paid for the art to be placed upon her skin. Thereafter she began to complain of all sorts of physical maladies and ailments; severe headache, joint and muscle pain and symptoms of debilitating sickness. Visits to medical doctors resulted in no treatable diagnosis.

A dreamcatcher is a spiritual device and design meant to 'trap' evil spirits - hence the name. According to pagan belief, evil spirits are attracted by it and trapped so as to be transferred elsewhere by ceremony or meditation or some other device at a later time - in other words, spiritual fly paper.

The problem with having a tattoo of a dreamcatcher placed on the woman's skin is that demons are attracted, but never expelled. Her ailments simply get worse and worse. She has been advised to have the tattoo removed.

Nowhere in the Bible is anyone given permission to sin, to flirt with sin, or to break God's Law.

Demonic affliction is the immediate result of rebellion against God. Early death for a Christian is a possible result. SIN has a price and the price is collected by demons who place demands upon the physical body, the mind and the crippled human spirit. The Christian church today teaches that its impossible for a Christian to be possessed of the enemy, while at the same time giving liberal permission to sin like hell. Nothing could be further from the truth. You cannot sin and escape its consequences.

Summary
The reason so many are afflicted with the demonic can be directly associated with sin. Therefore, it is time to repent of our sins and wickedness. Licentiousness is nowhere condoned in the Bible. God hates it and as Christians are called to have the mind of God, we must hate it too. The consequences of sin is physical death and the spiritual Second Death (Revelation 20:14).

Get rid of the sin (repent) and God will help you be rid of demons. Repentance must come first. God will not be persuaded by an insincere attitude. You can fool yourself, but you can't fool God.

The time to repent is now. This means we must forever deny those things which lead us into rebellion against God and His Law. Nobody can sit on the fence. We must all choose who we shall serve - God or the flesh. God rewards with eternal life and blessings. The flesh does not reward at all and its lusts lead to the Second Death.

It is time to choose. Choose wisely. Repent.

Yeah, I understand everything about the tattoos, unknowing sin and how they are a gateway to evil. I read most of the Bible and understand it. I have repented any time I have fallen and fast and pray about it but still, struggle with this fear. Maybe I should do a longer fast and pray more often, I don't know.

Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, I understand everything about the tattoos, unknowing sin and how they are a gateway to evil. I read most of the Bible and understand it. I have repented any time I have fallen and fast and pray about it but still, struggle with this fear. Maybe I should do a longer fast and pray more often, I don't know.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- 1 John 4:18

Again - ceremonies and struggles and fasting and petitions to the church will result in nothing. You know this but persist in trying because no one has taught you differently.

No one can fight the power of sin. To do so is a delusion, but is the very foundation of deliverance ministries which are quite profitable these days.

My hands were clenched in fists of rage,
No angel born in hell
could break that satan's spell.

- Don McLean AMERICAN PIE

The solution to demonic influence is repentance, a bone deep desire to cease and desist from sin and to remove ALL evidence of it in our lives. We do not repent to ourselves, but to Christ. HE alone is able to forgive our sins and to remove the power of sin. WE cannot do it ourselves. No human can.

Your entire quoted post above mentions that you've tried. There is no mention of an act of God or petition to Christ for personal help in any of your words. You understand it, but you don't apply it. Your prayer to God has to be bone deep, soul deep. We do not live unto ourselves. We live only to God.

The power of sin is removed by the blood of Christ. He alone can defeat satan's power.

Here is a secret: love of God in Christ Jesus will restrain us when no other method will work. If you love Christ, then you will not sin. There will not even be a desire to do so. There will be no fear of judgment because love has driven it out.

Ask for this love and God will give it. Deny it or forsake it, so as to flirt with sin, and it will leave you.

The human mind can only focus on one thing at a time. You cannot fight sin when you think about sinning and you cannot sin when you think about loving Jesus. Its not about resisting sin. It's about loving Jesus. We can only DO what we think about. Think about loving Jesus and if you can't do that ask Him to give it to you.

Seek and you will find.....do not stop seeking and asking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks
Regarding holy spirit, it is important to receive fruits of spirit than gifts of spirit. Pray Lord to give you fruits of holy spirit.. If you display the characteristics of fruits of holy spirit, it means you have received holy spirit

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My mother and sister have seen evil spirits but they are not scared like me I have never really seen a evil spirit. I just feel it or have bad dreams, but I barely dream. (2-3x I dream within six months or so).
Ok. I can understand that kind of thing. I've had scary dreams where I had run in with demons of some sort. It wasn't pleasant, and the two times I had that, I woke up startled and with my heart pounding in my chest. No, not pleasant at all.

So, when I do have a dream or nightmare, I wake up and pray immediately because I know its evil most of the time or just my subconscious. My mother has seen death spirit: at another person house and in our old house she saw a ghost of her grandmother or something, but she talked to it, and they said how your not suppose to speak to it. This is before I was born and she was pregnant with my sister and she said that she had a pastor pray over the phone with her and she never saw it again. Then, my sister saw one or two, but she just turned away from looking at it like no big deal.
Wow. It sounds like the ladies of your family have had some unsettling experiences. I can relate with the dreams or nightmares, but I can't say I've experienced any of what the rest of your family has experienced.

In general, a lot of spirits seem to come out at night or while we sleep. Like one night my mother and sister felt an evil sex spirit trying to attack them at night. My mother was asleep and in her dream or reality she was not sure, but a dark figure came over her and was trying to cover her mouth, and she was trying to call out "Jesus," and then the dark spirit slowly left her. I was completely okay in the other room I did not know this happen until she told me the next day. She also woke up and anointed the whole house with oil in all of our rooms and prayed.
That's an interesting point, ZJN; maybe our minds are more vulnerable when we sleep. So, these are definitely some things for me to ponder over (and to pray about).

So, in reading over what people have written here so far, what are your thoughts on all of this, Sister?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I have studied this subject for much of the past 50+ years. I know that most of you that read this will disagree with me, but that is all right. I will make just a few points.

(1) Let me say that I am firmly convinced that the vast majority of the spirits that walk the Earth are human souls that are trapped between this world and the next, for whatever reason. Most ghosts appear to be neither good or bad, but neutral, though it seems that there are more bad ones than good ones. Reportedly many of them do not even realize that they have died, though I do have trouble accepting this thesis.

(2) Yes, I do believe in demons, but I am a little surprised at the amount of concern expressed here at Christian Forums re: this subject. By all indications, real demonic possession is extremely rare. Real demonic oppression is probably fairly rare. As for demonic temptation, I do not know. It could be fairly common, but I think it best not to dwell too much on the subject or give demons too much credit.

(3) According to some, the ability to see spirits or ghosties or demons does run in families and may be an inherited ability. However, this does not mean that all members of any given family will have such an ability.

(4) What can you do to help yourself ZJN in this matter? There are a number of things that you can do. (a) Pray the Lord's Prayer. (b) Recite the 23rd Pslam. (3) Donate your time and talents and/or resources to help the less fortunate. Some might find this a strange recommendation, but I believe that such would bring you closer to God and give you a greater sense of peace in this matter.

If you ever find that you actually do start seeing spirits and that they are in any way threatening to you, then there are other steps that probably should be done. If this ever happens, then send me a pm (private message) and I will gladly give you some recommendations. May God surround with His love and give you peace.

Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have studied this subject for much of the past 50+ years. I know that most of you that read this will disagree with me, but that is all right. I will make just a few points.

(1) Let me say that I am firmly convinced that the vast majority of the spirits that walk the Earth are human souls that are trapped between this world and the next, for whatever reason. Most ghosts appear to be neither good or bad, but neutral, though it seems that there are more bad ones than good ones. Reportedly many of them do not even realize that they have died, though I do have trouble accepting this thesis.

(2) Yes, I do believe in demons, but I am a little surprised at the amount of concern expressed here at Christian Forums re: this subject. By all indications, real demonic possession is extremely rare. Real demonic oppression is probably fairly rare. As for demonic temptation, I do not know. It could be fairly common, but I think it best not to dwell too much on the subject or give demons too much credit.

(3) According to some, the ability to see spirits or ghosties or demons does run in families and may be an inherited ability. However, this does not mean that all members of any given family will have such an ability.

(4) What can you do to help yourself ZJN in this matter? There are a number of things that you can do. (a) Pray the Lord's Prayer. (b) Recite the 23rd Pslam. (3) Donate your time and talents and/or resources to help the less fortunate. Some might find this a strange recommendation, but I believe that such would bring you closer to God and give you a greater sense of peace in this matter.

If you ever find that you actually do start seeing spirits and that they are in any way threatening to you, then there are other steps that probably should be done. If this ever happens, then send me a pm (private message) and I will gladly give you some recommendations. May God surround with His love and give you peace.

As a born again believer I am restrained from accepting secular spiritualist explanations of metaphysical occurrences. I am persuaded that the Bible provides the ultimate explanation of God's redemptive work with living humanity as well as the results of His judgment of the wicked following physical death.

I too have studied as well as directly experienced things that prove the Bible true. I, and anyone who studies the Bible, will be granted a peek into the things to come.

The majority of belief held by secular and Christian persons today is based upon the Egyptian Book of the Dead. (1)

According to the Greek historian Herodotus the Egyptians taught that a human being possessed some sort of indestructible component that survived physical death. Plato and other Greek philosophers adopted and adapted the Egyptian thought into their own forms of mythical tales. Hades, they said, was a brother of Zeus and Poseidon and became the ruler of the underworld, the abode of disembodied human spirits. His realm eventually assumed his name. The Romans, who stole most of their ideas from everyone else, took the Greek myths and reworked them with Roman names. St. Augustine, a Christian theologian, did the same. Augustine morphed the name of Hades into Hell, the river Styx into the river Jordan and the guardian angel of the underworld as satan instead of the Egyptian god Anubis. Today, Christians buy the secular myth rather than Biblical truth.

The Bible nowhere teaches that a human possesses an indestructible component.

The Bible states most emphatically that man is mortal - meaning that when the physical body dies the mind and spirit are also subject to material and spiritual forces of decomposition. (2) The Bible clearly states that only God is immortal. (3) Despite all the impassioned rhetoric of modern Christians about believing the Bible says what it means and means what it says - most Christians don't believe it. In other words, I'm saying I agree with the Bible when it says there is no hell nor is there an intrinsic afterlife for dead folk.

According to the Bible, there is no natural component of a human being that allows for consideration of an extended afterlife. (4) The Bible speaks of destruction of the spirit - total complete and absolute consumption of the disembodied human spirit following physical death. There is no provision for a remedial process after death and there is absolutely no statement or suggestion that God is some sort of vindictive torturer who operates an eternal torture chamber in the bowels of the earth.
In reply to post 36 I can quote the Bible, which even Christians disbelieve in regard to the subject of the afterlife, or I can refer to dispassionate secular studies.

References to actual observations and documentation of ghostly observances suggest there is no wandering being accomplished.

Scientifically chronicled testimony and observations suggest that disembodied human spirits do not move, but occupy a single geographic spot in the physical world - a house for instance or a cemetery. They do not wander - according to scientific study and documentation.

The second statement in post 36 suggests demonic activity is rare.

I have personally witnessed demonic activity and I am aware of the testimony of many others that agrees with my own experience. The fact that post 36 has no immediate or personal experience of it doesn't negate Biblical affirmation that it happens and that it happens often. It simply admits the author's failure to appreciate the testimony of others.

The Bible and secular reporting of metaphysical occurrences suggest that demons are at the core of perverse manifestations.

Since disembodied human spirits do not wander, by process of elimination we deduce that it is demons or fallen angels that do so. The Biblical book of Job states this quite clearly. Then again nobody seems to pay much attention to the most truthful book on spirituality ever written - the Bible.

Post 36 item 3 suggests some sort of genealogical ability to apprehend spirits.

No such documentation exists to support the theory. Quite the contrary, families with a history of spiritual abilities are simply better at teaching their young how to be aware of that which is all around us. The same thing is true for physical matters such as a love of carpentry, mechanics, scholarship, religion, music and so on. Families pass on their interests and expertise to their young. Actual scientific documentation suggests that those who are best able to 'see' spiritual things have experienced some sort of trauma to the head at some point in their life. I'm not suggesting that a shot to the head will turn on an ability see ghosts - only that it is more common among those who 'see' than those who don't.

Post 36 item 4 has been bothering me.

I neglected to advise ZJN to seek medical help, to see a doctor.
Very often a minor physical matter will cause major difficulties with the body and mind. Sometimes a very minor treatment will clear things up. For instance, I recently experienced debilitating dizziness and nausea. It turned out to be caused by a disruption of the tiny crystals in my inner ear canal. Two trips to a physical therapist cleared up the problem. No medication was involved before during or after the episode and insurance covered my treatment entirely.

I assumed ZJN was victim of the excesses of sin, which may or may not be true. I automatically assumed sin was the cause and I admit such may not be the case with ZJN. Most of the time physical ailments as well as affectations of the mind are due to minor disruptions of the bodies electrolytes or other physical factors. Maybe ZJN is fasting too much. A drop in blood sugar can cause many odd problems. I really don't know. The best advice would be for ZJN to see a qualified medical practitioner.
The good news of the gospel.

Returning to the subject of the afterlife and the mortality of the human body and spirit, the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ is that the immortal God has chosen to share a portion of His eternal life with those who surrender to Him. Only those who accept His lordship in their lives are granted eternal life. All the rest are sentenced to the Second Death at the Final Judgment. (5)

Much has been written and spoken about heaven and many false ideas have been promulgated by Egyptian and Greek notions of hades and hell. The Bible has had no part in promoting the idea of hell. The Second Death is spoken of and it suggests that disembodied human spirits, sinners all, will be sentenced to its destructive qualities. (6)

The time to repent of sin and wickedness is now. There will be no second chances after death and no remedial process. Death is final in heaven as it is on earth. There is no Biblical principle teaching otherwise. Since time is short for us all, time to repent and make peace with God in the name of Jesus Christ. Forgiveness and eternal life may be granted by means of the blood shed by Christ upon the cross.

The expiration date for this offer is the end of the earthly life of the hearer. The time to repent is now.

Wisdom calls for it and the Bible says it is true.

(1) source: Encyclopedia Britannica
(2) "
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal;"
- Genesis 6:3a
(3) “who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light” - 1 Timothy 6:16
(4) "It is appointed unto man once to die and then comes judgment." - Hebrews 9:27
(5) "And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
- Matthew 7:23
(6) Death and Sheol were cast into The Lake of Fire- this which is the second death. - Revelation 20:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When one accepts Christ as Savior and Lord, it be the Holy Spirit who
drew and enable him or her to do that.

Drew?
Enabled?

The Bible does not treat forgiveness and salvation like some cheap magic show and it never describes the divine process of redemption with buzz words and religious slogans. Jesus hated that sort of thing. So do I. The process of redemption is serious business and God has reasons for everything He does. Those reasons are revealed in the Law. (2 Timothy 2:15)

Salvation begins with an attitude the Bible calls 'conviction' - as in being convinced of sin. A sinner will not seek the savior unless he or she is convinced the need is real. This need is revealed by the Law. Therefore the purpose of the Law is to convict of sin.

The first step in redemption is conviction of sin - according to the Law. If you don't believe me read your Bible, specifically the books of Exodus and Leviticus. You may also direct your inquiries to a person with formal religious training such as a local pastor. Ignorance is not a virtue. Study. Ask. Learn.

Second, having been convicted of breaking the Law, the sinner approaches the throne of grace by means of humble petition and repentance. Again, this is a requirement of the Law. God will NOT hear any prayer from anyone unless the prayer of sincere repentance is uttered first. This is the Law - first things first.

Repentance is a bone deep desire to be rid of sin and wickedness. Once again we see a requirement of the Law in the process of redemption. According to the Law, individuals (1) MUST approach the altar of grace by themselves and (2) bring their sacrifice for sin with them to be presented before the altar of grace. Then and only then will they be forgiven - according to the Law.

This is not a collective act nor is it something done for us by a Roman priest. Why? It's a requirement of the Law. For sin to be forgiven personally, we must approach the savior personally and bring our sacrifice with us, personally. Third party agents, who are employed to do it for us, are not acceptable by God - it is the Law.(*)

Read the gospels. Each person who obtained forgiveness from Jesus had to approach the Master personally - according to the Law.

Every supplicant for grace must present their sacrifice to God - according to the Law. When Jesus died on the cross He became the lawful sacrifice for sin. One must approach God personally to ask for forgiveness while appealing to the cross as OUR sacrifice. God doesn't accept us. He accepts Christ on our behalf. Therefore the Bible says we are saved IN CHRIST.

According to the Law, God will only accept the legal fulfillment of sacrifice - Christ upon the cross. God will NOT accept other sacrifices such as promises to do good deeds, social status in the community or church, or worldly wealth. No other sacrifice is acceptable but that of Christ upon the cross - according to the Law.

The Law is not sufficient to save because it only convinces us THAT we need salvation and WHO can save us. A "Do It Yourself" book on plumbing cannot stop a leak, but it can tell us how to do it ourselves. Therefore the Law points to that which saves - repentance and the sacrificial substitutionary death of Christ upon the cross. The Law can't and won't do it for us, because it tells us we need to do it personally.

Having been saved by grace and anointed unto eternal life by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we are then directed back to the Law, which shows us how to live lives that are acceptable unto God. When Jesus encountered the woman caught in adultery He forgave her of her sins. Jesus told her to "go and sin no more" (John 8:1-11). Jesus did not tell her to go out and open a brothel. He told her to stop sinning - according to the Law.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 5:17

There are many Christians today who are ignorant of the Law and what it requires of us all. Some of these poor souls have been told that the Law has been abolished or destroyed. If the Law has been abolished, then no one can be saved, for the Law provides for that which we need to be justified before God.

There is no other way to be saved because the Law says so. Those who are not saved according to the Law will die according to the Law.

The post modern church is today obsessed with buzz words and slogans. Not having been taught the basis for our salvation, we stumble over humanistic phrases and happy talk, none of which is efficacious to us. The Holy Spirit acts upon us and in us and with us to complete the plan of redemption according to the Law.

The Holy Spirit will never violate the Law - ever.
The Holy Spirit bears witness to the Law and testifies of Christ. Those who claim otherwise are guilty of blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

(*)When a Roman Catholic priest or Episcopal minister or Lutheran pastor stands at the altar and presents himself to God as an agent for the congregation he asks for forgiveness. This is NOT acceptable by God because it does NOT follow the requirement of the Law. The Law states that each person has to present themselves personally before the altar of grace and to bring their sacrifice with them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0