Help!!! I'm afraid of seeing evil spirits, what should I do?

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know as a Christian I should not fear evil, but I have to say that I am afraid of seeing evil spirits or ghost. I recently have not been able to close my eyes at night to pray because I always feel something around me. So, at night I have to pray with my eyes open.

I know this may seem childish, but I am still afraid of the dark because of evil spirits. I just don't know what they can do to me, so I have been trying to read the Bible to figure out how much God will allow, about God's character, and of course about Jesus. Plus, when I read the Bible, I see every time an angel comes to a person in the Bible they are scared. Sooooo... :234:

So, maybe I'm over thinking this because I feel like naturally everyone would be scared if a demon popped out of thin air. :freeze:

I know this is probably the reason why I have not received evidence of the Holy Spirit. I have been fasting and praying for months for the Holy Spirit but still nothing. So, I believe God is trying to tell me this is the reason "WHY?". I want the Holy Spirit badly. I can't comprehend how to get rid of this fear.

I had this fear since childhood, and I don't watch scary movies or shows - Thank God. I don't understand how people can watch stuff like that.

Is anyone else in this same boat or is it just me? Help!!! :bigeye:

Thanks

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Firstly you don't need an evidence of the Holy Spirit. The bible actually tells us that not all people receive the evidence of speaking in toungues that the early church did.

1Co 12:30 Not everyone can heal the sick. Not everyone can speak different kinds of languages. Not everyone can tell what these languages mean.

These gifts may or may not come with time.

As for seeing demons, as a Christian God will grant you power over demons and thier manifestations. I always just tell God, I don't ever want to see a demon, and I never had since I asked. Sure I can still feel demons, but I don't let them mess with me. You too should stand in faith knowing that God will protect you.

God is for you not against you.

It is nice too meet you. May God bless you more and more.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel demons around me all of the time and get afraid of being possessed. However I have yet not been possessed or had any of them display physical manifestation to me. Only experience I have with them is oppression and fear. They especially like hanging around you if you allow sin to enter your life.

Demons are nothing but parasites. They have no real power unless you give it to them. Focus on God and don't let them enter your mind.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Read Ephesians 6 about putting on the Armor of God and ask God to help you in putting it on and maintaining it. It's spiritual armor for spiritual warfare. Trust that even though you may not be big enough to win these battles, God is big enough and he has already won!

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Fears like that, you can turn into a good thing by constantly running to God in prayer. Funnily, my fear when I was younger was that I would have a vision or that GOD would speak to me in an audible voice. The evil spirits I could handle. It's God I was afraid of.

Reactions: ZJN
Upvote 0

Benjamin Calvary

Persistent - testing the system.
Oct 9, 2018
;) wouldn't you like to know.
Visit site
✟10,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I know as a Christian I should not fear evil, but I have to say that I am afraid of seeing evil spirits or ghost. I recently have not been able to close my eyes at night to pray because I always feel something around me. So, at night I have to pray with my eyes open.

I know this may seem childish, but I am still afraid of the dark because of evil spirits. I just don't know what they can do to me, so I have been trying to read the Bible to figure out how much God will allow, about God's character, and of course about Jesus. Plus, when I read the Bible, I see every time an angel comes to a person in the Bible they are scared. Sooooo... :234:

So, maybe I'm over thinking this because I feel like naturally everyone would be scared if a demon popped out of thin air. :freeze:

I know this is probably the reason why I have not received evidence of the Holy Spirit. I have been fasting and praying for months for the Holy Spirit but still nothing. So, I believe God is trying to tell me this is the reason "WHY?". I want the Holy Spirit badly. I can't comprehend how to get rid of this fear.

I had this fear since childhood, and I don't watch scary movies or shows - Thank God. I don't understand how people can watch stuff like that.

Thanks
Here, listen to this as you go to prepare to go to bed, and to sleep, listen to the last chapters from Chapter 74 (Gethsemane) onward, and think and pray on the words as they are spoken (audio book):

Myers Media

This is also powerful, alternate -

Upvote 0

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here, listen to this as you go to prepare to go to bed, and to sleep, listen to the last chapters from Chapter 74 (Gethsemane) onward, and think and pray on the words as they are spoken (audiobook):

Myers Media

This is also powerful, alternate -

Awww, thank you so much. I need this. :cheer:

Upvote 0

Benjamin Calvary

Persistent - testing the system.
Oct 9, 2018
;) wouldn't you like to know.
Visit site
✟10,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Awww, thank you so much. I need this. :cheer:
Just know, that when you think you are surrounded ... it is really that they are surrouned, and God has you on all sides.

2Ki_6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Upvote 0

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why do you say that?

Because I've been examining myself and why I have no type of evidence of the Holy Spirit because everyone in my family has recieved the evidence of the Spirit by being able to speak in tongues. So, I beileve it's sin = fear of evil spirits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because I've been examining myself and why I have no type of evidence of the Holy Spirit because everyone in my family has recieved the evidence of the Spirit by being able to speak in tongues. So, I beileve it's sin = fear of evil spirits.
Tongues isn't the only evidence of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12 makes it very clear that not all Christians who have the Holy Spirit speak in tongues.

To clarify, do you think this fear is preventing you from having the Holy Spirit? I hope not, because nothing in Scripture remotely teaches such a thing.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Thanks

I see them often.

I study all the verses having to do with our authority in Jesus and speak them at it.

I study verses about how Jesus delt with demons and i follow.

I listen to the Holy Spirit for wisdom and guidence to how to deal with them.

I pray for discernment of spirits.

I would go through my house and get rid of objects i know that shouldnt be there...especially occult items.

Repent if you have been involved in the occult or any magik...or other things

Prayer and fasting might be something id do.

I am not giving you directions on deliverance...i am only making ideas of exactly what i do nowadays...i hope i didnt break any rules

Reactions: Emli and ZJN
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It is not a sin to fear...it is if you act on it where it bridges into acts of a lack of trust in Gods abilities then you might be on quicksand

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Tongues is not the only sign of the impartation of the Holy Ghost

• Agree
Upvote 0

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Tongues isn't the only evidence of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12 makes it very clear that not all Christians who have the Holy Spirit speak in tongues.

To clarify, do you think this fear is preventing you from having the Holy Spirit? I hope not, because nothing in Scripture remotely teaches such a thing.

Yeah, I understand that tongues are not the only gift, but I have not received any of the other gifts since fasting and praying. All the time in the Bible, God talks about his Spirit will not dwell in any unclean person. If you are unclean you have some type of sin in your life preventing you from connecting to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is not a sin to fear...it is if you act on it where it bridges into acts of a lack of trust in Gods abilities then you might be on quicksand

But a spirit of fear is not from God (2 Timothy 1:7). The only thing I should fear is God alone because he has the power to cast me to hell (Luke 12:4&5). I think the fear is sinful because I have fear in something other than God so strongly.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But a spirit of fear is not from God (2 Timothy 1:7). The only thing I should fear is God alone because he has the power to cast me to hell (Luke 12:4&5). I think the fear is sinful because I have fear in something other than God so strongly.

Not all fear is demonic. There is natrual fear ie snakes. Fear not trusting in God and acting on it. There is fear of the Lord.

Is it sinful to fear spiders?

Is it sinful to fear pain?

Is it sinful to fear death?

It is how you act with that fear that makes something potentially sinful.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thanks
God did not give you a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7 Somewhere you have let this in (could be movies from even long ago, haunted houses, books, any number of things). Repent of whatever the Lord brings to your mind, when you inquire. Sounds like you are already getting answers and know that this is a barrier.

Then renew your mind with the Word of God. Rebuke it if it comes back. Fear is NOT OF GOD (not talking about healthy wisdom that makes you run out of the street because a car is coming). If you are saved, you have the Holy Spirit, but it sounds as if you are talking about the baptism of the Holy Spirit (i.e. filled with the Holy Spirit, which is distinguishable in scripture, as you can see in Acts 15, where they have the Holy Spirit).

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent (have a change of mind), and be baptized (i.e. immersed) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." - ACTS 2:38.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks

Play praise music demons can't stand that.

James 4:7 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
7 So give yourselves to God. Stand against the devil, and he will run away from you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I understand that tongues are not the only gift, but I have not received any of the other gifts since fasting and praying. All the time in the Bible, God talks about his Spirit will not dwell in any unclean person. If you are unclean you have some type of sin in your life preventing you from connecting to God.
Cite me those verses please. What you seem to be taking away from them is that you literally have to earn your way to being good enough to receive the Holy Spirit, which is not Biblically true at all.

Upvote 0