• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Help! I Need Scripture!!

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Rose2020, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Rose2020

Rose2020 A Real Scottie Hottie ;)

+842
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged
    The devil is trying to tempt me to do and say things that I'm not going to but I knew this would happen ever since I felt my faith getting even stronger. He's telling me to blaspheme Christ and say bad things about people and I'm not going to but I need something to say to him to get lost,.. because just that alone doesn't seem to be working. :(

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Rose2020

+842
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged
    Also I'm really worried that I might have thought something blasphemous towards Jesus but I didn't mean it at all,.. I love Him SO much!!!

3. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,620
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Not scriptural but a good prayer:

Visit this house, i pray you, Lord:
    drive far away from it all the snares of the enemy
    May your holy angels stay here and guard me in peace,
    and let your blessing be always upon me.
    Through Our Lord Jesus Christ,

Amen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+6,620
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Jesus knows your heart, mind and soul. Dont worry.

If you feel threatened in any way, make the sign of the cross slowly.

God loves you my friend

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,138
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    "Get behind me, Satan!" Short, and to the point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. GraceBro

GraceBro Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.

+330
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world." 1 Peter 5:8-9

"Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." Matthew 26:41

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil." Ephesians 6:11

"But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire." James 1:14

"For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." Hebrews 2:18

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

"And give no opportunity to the devil." Ephesians 4:27

"So that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs." 2 Corinthians 2:11

Hope this helps. Pray on them. Ask God to reveal to you what you are prepared to understand. Trust Him and know He is always with you.

Grace and Peace.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+1,594
    Non-Denom
    For the very reason that you're wanting to fight and rise up against the flesh shows God your heart is in the right place so take courage and have peace. And understand this too sometimes it just our flesh trying to rise up and resist the Kingdom of God but sometimes it's the devil just planting thoughts in our mind. Some people allow the devil to bring them into condemnation for having a wayward thought and sometimes it just Satan himself seeking to inject a wrong thought in our minds. So he injects the thought and tries to make one guilty for having it.

We resist the devil we take authority over wrong thoughts and cast them down, 2 Cor 10:5 but don't stop there....you can't have an empty house or spirit Luke 11:25 .....fill your spirit and mind with what God says....God's thoughts. It's not good enough just to curse the darkness....we've also got to turn on the light and have the light keep coming into us by feeding on God's words everyday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+3,836
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You know your intent is to not blaspheme and can resist the fear of doing so. Gracebro posted some great Scriptures that can be your sword. You are not fighting for victory but from victory because of what Jesus did.
    "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." I Cor 15:57

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  9. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,101
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It sounds like you are suffering from intrusive thoughts.
    Don't argue or debate or try to suppress them, just acknowledge them and carry on.

Remember the spirit living in you knows what you intend and isn't fooled by intrusive thoughts.

So rather than get caught in an endless loop by arguing with them, sped the time in worship, praise and thankfulness.

10. GraceBro

GraceBro Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.

+330
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Do you remember the first instruction the angel gave the women after they discovered the empty tomb? "But go, tell his disciples and Peter, β€˜He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you (Mark 16:7).’” Peter denied the Lord, yet he was mentioned by name as to be told of the resurrection. If God remembered Peter, He has not forgotten you. You are forgiven.

11. longwait

longwait Well-Known Member

+650
    Christian
    Married
    "Get behind me satan, in Jesus name."

12. Rose2020

+842
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged
    Thank you guys for all the help and advice, I read a lot of it before I went to bed and used it and also banished Satan in Jesus' name and it really seemed to work. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List