• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Help, I need recommendations for the dad daughter dance at my daughter's wedding

Discussion in 'Golden Eagles 50+' started by gym_class_hero, Aug 21, 2019.

1. gym_class_hero

gym_class_hero Well-Known Member

+729
    Christian
    Married
    my daughter is getting married next month and I guess we're going to take a ballroom dancing class so I don't completely mess up the dance. I would appreciate recommendation for a song.

I would really appreciate some more unique choices. Thank you

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+1,891
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    are you looking for waltzes? any particular style of ballroom dancing?

3. gym_class_hero

gym_class_hero Well-Known Member

+729
    Christian
    Married
    I guess this place we're going is listed as a ballroom dancing place but they teach all types of dance. Basically I'm looking for a classy song that even a guy with two left feet can dance to.

4. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Unworthy servant of God Supporter

+3,802
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    No recommendations, but watching this thread keenly, as I am in the same position (except that my daughter is ‘t Getting married until next October, so I have a bit more time).

And congratulations!

5. eleos1954

+1,891
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    well ... not sure if this one "fits"

6. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+2,849
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Usually the bride picks it. My youngest daughter of three ( adult daughter second wedding) had me create a song on my piano ( actually 6 for the wedding all together, but I create piano music anyway for the pastor and what ever the Lord sends me for music). The father daughter dance song I did with orchestral background. No singing lol, you don't want to hear me sing anything.

7. Chadrho

Chadrho Active Member Supporter

+434
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    How about "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. It's a little upbeat so you could really show your stuff. It's a happy song, so just right for the occasion. And, I read somewhere he wrote it for his daughter, so...

8. eleos1954

+1,891
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Here's another one ... older ... classic

9. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+26,593
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
  10. creslaw

creslaw Well-Known Member Supporter

+978
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    I know the ladies appreciate something sentimental but my daughter and I did the jive to "Uptown Girl" at her wedding. I'm not sure why everybody was laughing ... I thought I was real good :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List