• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Help! Everything twisted. .nothing right

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please PLEASE PRAY for my marriage for healing and that the Lord will help me not rely on my husband emotionally. One moment he's proud of me and now I can't do anything right.

When I couldn't reach him cause I thought he was ignoring my calls, I started to cry very deeply. I felt very alone, like as if I had an emergency he wouldn't be there. I got angry and hit the walls. No holes made but I know its wrong. My husband said at first i couldnt reach him at first cause he was talking to someone and then he couldn't answer he was in the bathroom. Who knows.

Pray that I will shine in the natural as well as spirit. That the Lord will SPEAK to him and show him the good things about me and tell him in a very direct way to treat me right. That the fear of the Lord will felt in him when he calls me names or puts me down.

Its a rare day when he's not criticizing something I either did or did not do ( I try not to respond now to keep the peace).

He often puts me down. He says I should work when he's angry and then recently said Tim Hortons would be my level of ability. He says my 2nd to last company fired me but they laid me off due to bankruptcy. The last job wanted to keep me but he didn't want me to work.

My confidence levels are not as they used to be especially with the things he's said , mentally lazy, distracted ..... if I had to find a job and in my field I would more than likely have to work evenings even on weekends and that would not allow me to go to church.

Pray that the Lord will show him mightily even with signs and wonders that the Lord is with me, that I am saved and not stupid or dumb or an idiot.

He can bw kind... like yesterday my husband said he was proud of me without any explanation why.

Today now I am the worst thing ever, someone who wears a pointy hat (witch), we are not compatible, etc. ...

Reason ...he told someone yesterday that working under the table was fine as long as it was under 15 000$.

From what I see the government doesn't agree. He said if someone has a busines they don't have to claim taxes on revenue about 14 999 or less so it would apply to this other person even though they don't actually own a business.

So I sent an email today if he could please show or explain to me where it's okay to earn close to 14 999 without paying taxes or declaring revenue along with a link I had found a week or two ago about working under the table from the government.

He sent a reply that I don't trust him. He called, upset. I texted...I said I just don't want him to get in trouble for what he advised the other person to do.

Before he was upset he asked me why I was cleaning with worship music on everywhère so I joked by text that I was cleaning the house spiritually cause he often listens to a worldly music artist instrumental with a smiley wink face.

Now he's offended about that too and says now what I said to someone was wrong and is upset about thst too (he didn't say anything yesterday )

Seems like I am the worst person today.

I said I wasn't speaking about what he does personally just what he advised the other person to do.

On top of all this my engagement ring broke todau so now he says as in the natural so in the spirit. He said that I broke things in the house and yes unintentionally when cleaning I did. I am clumsy distracted.

He said I am ungrateful for all he gave me. That I brought almost nothing into this wedding.

He called me a pharisee cause I dont believe its right.

he said that if a jew was hiding in the home that I would admit they were there if I was asked if there were any jews in the house.

I quoted the bible that says give taxes to whom taxes are due just like honor to whom honor is due. He says okay you should tell everyone that and see what they think ( as if they will laugh at me )

Please pray for peace on my home. I am tired of the constant criticism.

Last edited:

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your prayers. He said to me that I can stay in the spare room, in his bed and his things (like he allows me to use them). He also said I can work at McDonald's to pay to fix the ring. He accused me of being gay!!! No way. He often says remember where you came from, like where I lived, etc..

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry to hear. I've been in a similar situation with my mom and I ran away because the constant put down is making me sick literally.

NO I'm not suggesting you to run away. But it seems like getting a job is a very good idea. It can give you a time to unwind, take your mind away from it all, at least for a good part of the day.

Praying for you!

Reactions: Itsahappyday
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you discuss with him how his comments and actions hurt you?

Yes. I have. Last night he said that I was hurting him and draining him for a long time even before we were married. I have no clue how I hurt him when he was the one who dated someone else before our marriage and didnt tell me until after it was over. We werent dating but he had told me he loved me.

He sees everything from his own perspective with a twisted wrong view of me. Like he has a victim mentality. He says other women would love to be with him, step aside. I say that if he treated them like me, they wouldn't. He says he wouldnt have to because they would be smart and get what he says.

I still think he compares me to that girl he dated before and I come up short.

Most times he comes to me to tell me what I am doing wrong and will add a sentence or 2 about what he did.

I like to resolve things and he has a habit of closing down/closing me off and not talking when he wants instead of talking about it. But when he wants to talk ..we talk. If I want to talk I am draining him. When I don't understand right away something he said I am draining him.

When we argued before he hurt me with his words so I wanted to resolve it and talk and would not want to let it go and yes I am not proud of the fact that I would try to endlessly talk with him, and try to get him to resolve it and get him to be loving to me, try to defend myself because he was so cold.

Now I just try to not let his words bother me. I try at times to keep physically away during the day.

If I say anything about what he did, he just brings up anything I did, even if it is small. After trying to defend myself for so long and being called names, I tried not to reciprocate but at one point I did a few times. Like I called him a psychopath once during an arguement. But he calls me idiot almost every day.

He makes it sound like I am the problem and doesn't see how bad he treats me. He thinks because I live in his house, and dont have to work etc. ... that I am blessed and others would gladly take my place but I tell him I would gladly give it away if it meant he would treat me with respect and love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear. I've been in a similar situation with my mom and I ran away because the constant put down is making me sick literally.

NO I'm not suggesting you to run away. But it seems like getting a job is a very good idea. It can give you a time to unwind, take your mind away from it all, at least for a good part of the day.

Praying for you!
My best friend offered me a job last year to work from home data entry. My husband said that if I took it I would be an intellectual wh---- cause someone else would be telling me what to do.

When he found out I was calling prayer lines for prayer about our marriage he called me a spiritual whor--- . I promised him I wouldn't call but now I only post it online.

Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before leaving the house we both sat down and I poured out my heart. I felt hopeful... like it was the first time I was being listened to cause he wasn't saying anything or interrupting. ......until he said can you just be quiet, think and shut up. I have been sitting her for 15 minutes and you haven't shut up.

Upvote 0

Itsahappyday

Dec 12, 2016
north america
✟31,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He sounds almost like he might be bipolar or something. Ever thought of counseling?

He doesn't believe in bipolar or counselling. Even now we spoke about how years ago I told him about a law when he was doing something and then he found a way to do it right so it was not against the law. It was because I told him. But now he says he contacted the government about it and fixed it, like as if I hadn't told him.

Upvote 0